Trollbomber's Blog To Completionist - Max Cape Achieved

Didn't hardly play this past weekend at all. Got on tonight to do a few dungeons, and just a tiny bit of agility.

Currently progress:

120312225525.png

Seeing as I'm only 1M off 105, I think I can get that this week before BXPW pretty easily. I'm still going to stick with agility after 99 herblore, but thinking about just doing DG afterwards. I doubt I'll get 106 from it, but I'd like to at least get close.

Other "upcoming milestones":

96 Agility: I will get a tad bit closer to this throughout the week, but not much. I'll get 96 for sure over the weekend, plus some, but I doubt 97 will happen.

96 Farming: About 650k from, so probably won't have it till near the end of the month. I've kind of slowed down on how many herb runs a day I do, as I still stand to gain 1.5M-2M farm xp from doing Livid Farm later on.

I'm also still sitting on 31M cash that's slowly growing from selling daily flasks, but haven't figured out what to spend it on. I could get 99 smithing via 100k gold bars, but not sure if I want to spend all that time smelting or not. At times it seems better than 20gp/xp+ addy bars though <_<

Trollbomber.png

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did exactly 1M DG xp today for 105:

120313220430.png

120313220458.png

My current progress:

120313224116.png

Although I'm only 6% to 120, I feel as though I'm on a fairly decent pace. Since I have begun to make an effort to get 120 DG (20 days ago) out of the way, I've gained 5,628,780 DG xp. This averages out so far to 281,439 DG xp/day. I'm currently 80,662,161 XP from 120, and the xp/hr will only continue to get faster as my keying/technique improves, and I get more xp for higher prestiges. If I were to continue my average DG xp/day until 120 (highly unlikely), it would take another 287 days to reach 120, which happens to be Christmas this year, haha. However, my goal is to have it by the end of September instead. In order for that to happen I need to boost my DG xp/day to 400k+ over time, which I think is possible. If I don't meet my goal, then oh well; I'm not in a big hurry.

In other news, I spent my cash stack. I was torn between a few different ideas, but finally settled with this:

120313231347.png

The runes are exactly what I need for 850k produce points to unlock all livid farm spells. The only thing I couldn't buy unfortunately was sanity, as I'm sure I'll grow tired of the 42 hours I need to spend there very quickly. Although the 1.9M mage xp will be "wasted" along with the 500k crafting xp, I figured I might as well eat up the 1.4M farm, 270k con, and 252k agility xp while it's more useful.

I found that cutting magic longbow (u)'s is about 2-3 gp/xp for fletching, while stringing them breaks even, or even profits slightly. While it would be more efficient to make 500k+ broads during Livid Farm, I can't afford the 70-80M I would need for that, on top of how much I'll need for smithing, prayer, ect. I need to string just over 83k longbows for 99 fletching. Considering I made around that same amount of air battlestaves for 99 crafting, I don't think this will be a big deal. I'll do this in addition to Livid Farm and training agility while waiting for DG floors to fill. I'll surely have 99 fletching by the time 120 rolls around.

Other than that, I used up the rest of my skoll boots :-| , and cashed in last week's + this week's penguin points for a fair chunk of XP. I'm sitting 274k from 96 now. I likely won't have time to play tomorrow, which means that remaining xp will be gained this weekend during BXPW.

Upcoming goals/levels are 99 Herblore Thursday evening, 96 (possibly 97) Agility by next Sunday, and 106 DG / 96 Farming a week after that.

Trollbomber.png

Strung a few bows and did a few floors tonight.

Current progress:

120316003708.png

Probably won't get on right at the start of BXPW tomorrow, as I have work, but I'll easily have 99 herblore afterwards fairly quickly if everything goes as planned. Also should get 96 agility shortly after 99 herb, and begin working towards 97 as much as possible. Going to do everything I can to get 97 this weekend, but we'll see; 1M agility xp didn't even sound fun with skoll boots :unsure:haha.

Aside from that, it feels good that I'm nearing the 1/4th mark of completion for 120 DG. I keyed most of my floors tonight. Granted they were labds, I still feel like my progress is picking up pretty quickly, making it much more exciting.

Trollbomber.png

Can I have all your DG xp plz.

N0 GIVE IT TO ME :)

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Probably won't get on right at the start of BXPW tomorrow, as I have work.

I lied.

Only had 45 minutes to play, but gained a lot more xp than I thought I'd be able to, and got this:

120316084529.png

Went from 96 to 98 gaining 2,004,750 Herb xp in 45 minutes. Not bad.

I'll finish up 99 later tonight and then jump straight into agility for the rest of the weekend.

Trollbomber.png

Decent day. Started off by finishing my main priority, 99 Herblore:

120316185048.png

Only took 72 minutes to gain just over 3.4M herblore xp in total. I'm mainly excited about the fact that I can finally make strong survivalist potions in DG myself, haha. I suppose the overloads are nice too though 120317003718.png

I'll be saving my daily flasks from this point on for personal use, as I don't see it worthwhile to sell them for ~200k cash a day. I'll be filling 500 flasks with overloads (for frosts/fight kiln) to use up 1k of my stock, then turning the rest into 1-doses for DG (and buying enough prayer restores to match).

I said I was going to continue to do agility for the rest of the weekend, but lost interest/got sidetracked quickly. After about an hour of running laps at GAA (didn't want to fight for swings @ BAA), I dropped a little cash on construction to finish up a level I was close too:

120316221616.png

I am still trying to get construction assists, but with the rarity of effigies post-nerf, I have a hard time ever getting assists. If this keeps up I might just end up buying 99 con sometime.

I went back to agility for a little while longer, then got sidetracked once again by another skill I was "close" to leveling. Although I was almost 700k away from 98 firemaking, I figured burning curlies starting with a 2x multiplier would make it a breeze, and it did. About an hour later got this:

120316233646.png

Finally, I dragged myself around GAA for another hour before giving up 8k from 96 and deciding to just do JOAT to finish it:

120317003300.png

96 Agility is nice, but the fact that the last 3 levels are each 1M+ xp of raw-xp-leveling (50 hours from 99), is pretty demotivational. Luckily I stand to gain some fair xp from Livid Farm & JOAT over time, in addition to penguins/troll invasion. I'll be taking my sweet time with this skill.

I realized tonight I'm now 75 levels away from comp cape, and incidentally have almost 75% of my DG requirement remaining. Of the 75 levels, DG knocks off 15, and 36 come from my 4 "low skills" that are at 90 (smithing, thieving, hunter, fletching), which can all be trained relatively quickly to 99 granted I have the time and money. The other 24 levels have the capability of finally letting me relax (Oh hi there, LRC Gold, Rocktail, Ivy), or very quickly level to 99 after I've made back some money (I'm looking at you, prayer & construction). I can "negate" agility and farming, as they'll be training to 99 over the long road toward 120 DG.

Pretty excited at the idea of owning comp cape now, as it becomes a little more of a reality each day. "Racing" with No Comp Cape to 120 DG to help keep myself more motivated and to add some fun to DG. I'm getting a little better at keying as mentioned previously (still much more to learn), and caring much less about surv-prod, which is making DG much more entertaining and enjoyable. Hoping to be an exceptional keyer by the time 120 rolls around, as I'm sure I will enjoy playing with a 4th bind. Until then though, I've got some work to do :thumbsup:

Trollbomber.png

I do believe I was to be included in the race to 120 [bleep]!

:thumbsup:

"Racing" with No Comp Cape to 120 DG to help keep myself more motivated and to add some fun to DG. In addition I've recruited Bxpprod as a permanent DG member while he isn't pre-occupied with unlocking a smexy blue cape, to make my (our) 120 DG/200M DG faster.

Fixed.

Trollbomber.png

Yesterday I bought another 6k mahogany planks because I was bored and had nothing else to do. Forgot how long it took to do that many, so I kind of hated myself for a few hours, but it paid off with another level:

120317221921.png

I sold the 9k+ remaining magic longbow supplies, as I didn't see the point in stockpiling that many when I surely wouldn't make more than that in say, a month's time. I'll still be making them for 99 fletching, but will stick to 1k increments so I don't tie up so much of my funds. Of course 97 construction came from those proceeds, which now leaves my net wealth excluding livid farm runes back down to 2-3M. At least I don't need money to train DG, so it's fine by me. It was slightly unnecessary seeing as I could have assisted to 99 still, but getting 97 has made assists easier to get the past couple days, and has shortened the assists needed for 99 (excluding misc. DG con xp) down to 76 days. Accounting the for fact I miss a few assists here and there, that puts 99 construction via assists happening around the beginning of June. If everything goes as planned, I'll be assisting smithing afterwards if there is even any demand for it left.

I also spent some time running an decanting my stash of overloads from this weekend into more useful portions, turning these 120317003718.png into these 120317235743.png

I'll slowly build my stash of 1 dose renewals up to match my overloads for 120 DG over time. The ones I have for now will obviously do. The flasks on the other hand, should last me an eternity at GWD, frosts, or whatever else I decide to do combat-wise for the rest of my Runescape career.

I spent the last bit of the 15-ish hours I played this BXPW at the Jadinko Lair again, burning curlies. Didn't have enough time for 99 tonight, but I believe I might go for that soon just for fun, as I'm only a few hours away (just over 1M xp).

Also, I passed 4k hours of gameplay on this account today (4,003 to be exact). Just for fun I thought I would compare my stats/progress for the last 1,000 hours I've played:

3,000 hours

110726225412.png

4,000 hours

120318224434.png

I think I've made pretty decent progress in that time. I'm hoping that once I reach 5k hours played, I've obtained my completionist cape. If not, I better be very close otherwise I'm doing something very wrong lol. Also, my overall average xp/hr is nearing 80k (79,833/hr right now), which is decent seeing as I was only at 60,108 xp/hr at 3,000 hours played. I think it would be cool to be at 100k+/hr at 5,000 hours, but that is highly unlikely.

Tomorrow I'll start working harder on DG again. I did a few floors this weekend, but not enough for 106. I'm currently 1147k off, and my goal was to have that a week from now (107 by April 3rd). I'm hoping to be able to surpass both of those goals and get them in advance, but we'll see how things go.

Trollbomber.png

Keyed 2 occs tonight for just over 200k xp. Did this week's penguins, daily assist, and JOAT for a total of 45k agility/30k con xp, then spent the rest of my time running around finishing up the nooby diary tasks in tav/burth to get this back:

120320231804.png

Might try and do some temple trekking this week, as I'm pretty sure it will be a requirement in some way when the new diary comes out next week. Aside from that, I think I should be able to do most of the tasks.

938k from 106 DG. Goal is to get it tomorrow, or at least close.

Trollbomber.png

Not many people DGing / missing out on several warps only allowed me to do 2 floors tonight sadly. Current progress:

120321224824.png

With 5 occults until reset, I'm going to try to key those quickly tomorrow and reset for more variety. 106 would be nice, but just depends on who's all DGing. If things go well this weekend, I should get close to 107 DG.

Other than that, I tried out Livid Farm again for the first time since I unlocked the 1 spell for the frem diary a while back. Got the pattern down real quick, now I just need to repeat the boring cycle for 40+ more hours:

120321224625.png

Meh.

Trollbomber.png

I don't blame you for not looking forward to Livid Farm - I did enough to get the first spell and haven't returned. Some spells look really useful (Remote Farm, Repair Rune Pouch, Trollheim Teleport) but the minigame itself is very dull and time-consuming. I'm planning on getting through a couple of Scrubs seasons while unlocking more spells personally...

Pretty productive day. 4 occs, reset, followed by 6 more occs, 2 abds, and 2 warps. Not sure of the DG xp I gained overall, but it was fairly decent (1.2M+ or so). Also got this:

120323205830.png

After all of of the floors, plus spending 156k tokens on xp, I'm sitting here:

120324004133.png

I'm glad that I got a decent-sized chunk past 106 done tonight, as I'm looking forward to 107 ASAP for a higher prestige, and just to show that I'm surpassing my short-term goals (wanted 106 on Sunday, 107 on April 3rd). I'm going to try hard to get 107 by the end of this weekend. If not, then early next week shouldn't be a problem. I currently have 4 abds, 6 occs, and 4 warps left, as well as needing to do C1s, so unfortunately I'm not going to be able to get 107 this reset, but will get it early in the next one. Exciting to know I'm over 1/4 of the way done with 120, and over halfway to my P2H.

Trained agility a small bit between floors this evening. Currently 756k from 97. Also, I've started doing my fellstalk runs more frequently for better daily xp/rates in farming. 187k from 96 right now. I think I'll be able to get that before the weekend is over.

I don't blame you for not looking forward to Livid Farm - I did enough to get the first spell and haven't returned. Some spells look really useful (Remote Farm, Repair Rune Pouch, Trollheim Teleport) but the minigame itself is very dull and time-consuming. I'm planning on getting through a couple of Scrubs seasons while unlocking more spells personally...

Yeah. For the time being I can't stand to train it for more than 30 minutes tops, so it's going to take a while.

Trollbomber.png

Another alright day, DG-wise (+1M xp):

120325005058.png

Only have 2 warps and 1 abd left in my current reset, so that shouldn't take long. Going to try to at least get those done tomorrow. Doubt I'll have time to play much, so 107 will probably have to wait until Monday. Tonight also marks 1 month since I set my large goal of 120. Over 10M DG xp gained in that time. This current pace would put 120 around October or so, so I'm gonna start picking up the pace.

96 farming will also happen Monday most likely. 100k from 96 and I don't see myself getting all of that tomorrow.

Trollbomber.png

Didn't play much today as expected. Managed 4 warps early this morning, putting me 424k xp from 107 DG. I'm up to 140k tokens as well. I will be saving these short term for the time when I'm able to buy a level later on to get a higher prestige before reset. I should easily get 107 tomorrow, as well as 96 farming, as I'm only 33k away from that. Did Livid Farm a tiny bit more (87k produce now <_<). Definitely going to be a long time before I get all 850k.

Seeing as I've exceeded my dungeoneering expectations lately, I put together a few "deadlines" I would like to have some upcoming levels by. I could care less if I don't make it, but would like to try to anyway just to get 120 done faster:

• 108 DG - April 3rd
  • 109 DG - April 15th
  • 110 DG - April 29th
  • 111 DG - May 13th
  • 112 DG - May 27th
  • 113 DG - June 10th

Basically I need to gain just under 24M DG xp in the next 77 days (~312k DG xp/day). I don't think it should be a problem.

Also, just passed 80k overall xp/hr (80,510 to be exact), which is pretty neat.

Trollbomber.png

Alright night I guess. Would have preferred more DG, but did what I could. Was a day behind (didn't have time last night) 107, but at least got it + some tonight:

120327193940.png

120327200346.png

Excited enough for a new prestige and another warp per reset to be able to do. My Current progress/tokens:

120327231943.png

120327231953.png

Did Livid Farm a little more when no floors were going on:

120327222035.png

I shouldn't have any trouble getting 108 DG a week from now (maybe this weekend :thumbup:)

Trollbomber.png