Trollbomber's Blog To Completionist - Max Cape Achieved

Grats on epic effigy dump + 99 rc + 2400 total :thumbsup:.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you were able to figure out how to delete the links for pictures :)

Now motivate me to max :mellow:

Max.

Did that work?

It might have, but it didn't outweigh the lag :(

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

Glad you were able to figure out how to delete the links for pictures :)

Now motivate me to max :mellow:

Max.

Did that work?

It might have, but it didn't outweigh the lag :(

Best. Reply. Ever.

aah.png

aah.png
aah.png

aah.png

People in glass houses should shower in the basement.

Didn't play at all yesterday. Oh well.

My overall/weekly xp/hr rates as well as overall rank were pretty well last week though, as I broke into the top 10k players overall.

297,882,019 XP / 3873 HRS = 76,912 XP/HR on 02/12/2012 (30 Hrs Played. 15,706,355 XP Gained. 523,545 XP/HR for the week)

Aside from D&Ds, my main goal is going to get 99 mining soon. Although I don't really enjoy the skill too much, it is semi-AFK with the help of juju mining pots and yaks in the LRC, and I'm only 3 levels away (3.35M xp). I mainly just want to get it out of the way due to the fact that my net wealth is pretty small, and I don't want 12M just sitting in my bank in the form of a dragon pick forever, so I wanna sell it back (probably to buy surges for starting Glacors again).

Trollbomber.png

Damn you! Temptation to ban is so very high (Although I can't :().

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Not really too phased by the effigy-nerf today. Guess I'll just open each one as I go. I never really camped for them anyway.

Started off the day with finishing the 2 newest quests, to get my quest cape back:

120214144557.png

120214155037.png

The new quest was alright, it's The Kiln challenge that worries me. I was never a big fan of Jad, and just knowing I encounter him + more in this new challenge has me a bit worried. I'd still like to go for completionist cape, but knowing that this is a requirement, and knowing that I'm going to need some pretty high end gear might make it difficult, so I'll be worrying about that last most likely.

I spent the rest of my time doing a bit of hunter (only about 60k xp), and fishing rocktail. Got 94 fishing, but missed a screenie due to playing MW3, so here's this awesome picture:

120214231759.png

Still slowly working towards 99 mining before BXPW on the side.

Trollbomber.png

Mini update:

I've been slowly fishing rocktail while doing homework/playing MW3. Just under 13k left for 99 fishing. Should make around 38M off that.

Been doing JOAT for a free 8.8k agility xp a day, 50 flasks (averaging 350-400k a day from), and 30k construction xp a day. I've managed to take advantage of the recent effigy nerf to the tune of 250k per construction assist, netting me an extra 500k profit a day. Not sure how long it will last, but I'm going to try to make some extra money as long as possible. If I have enough discipline to continue this daily pattern until 99 mining/fishing (couple months?), I'm hoping to be looking at a ~100M bank or so. Chances are I'd dump all of that into smithing.

I'm having trouble deciding whether or not to fletch 509k broad arrows while doing livid farm later down the road for 99 fletch, or fletching 92k mage longbows. Would save a lot of time doing the former, a lot of money with the latter.

I also contemplated dissolving The EffiGlacor Files due to the recent effigy nerf, but I think I might continue to work towards 10k kills anyway. Will kind of suck with the decreased effigy rate, but the idea of still being able to make some money in the next 8.4k kills makes me want to keep it up. I'll need to use up all my overloads anyway.

Trollbomber.png

Fished just over 900 rocktail today. 320k off 95 fishing, so I'll probably get it tomorrow. Made another 200k off a 95 con assist and 250k afterwards off a boosted level 97 con assist, alongside 400k+ from daily flasks. In total I made just under 4M today. It's not bad seeing as it's not MHing and I'm hardly putting in any effort at all. Speaking of which, EoE decided to do some solo + 4 leech floors today, and I leeched 1 for some free xp while I played MW3, so can't complain there. Doubt it will become common due to the much longer floor times, but if so then I think it could be fun to continue doing.

My cash stack is up to 15M now, most of which I've made in the past week just off charging for assists, selling flasks, and selling rocktail, so I'm pretty pleased with that. Out of curiosity I wanted to see how much money I'd have if I theoretically sold my dpick, and was surprised to see this:

120219005822.png

Wasn't expecting picks to have risen that much. Although the extra cash would have been nice, I decided to go ahead and hold on to it, even if it decides to drop in price by the time I sell.

Right now I'm working on getting my fishing caught up to mining, at which point I will begin training both back and forth, getting 99 in each around the same time in a few months. As said before, I'm hoping for a 100M+ cash stack from gold ore / rocktails / flasks / assists by then so I can either put a dent in 99 smithing, completely finish off 99 prayer / 99 fletching, or buy loads of surges to use up at Glacors. I haven't decided yet.

Trollbomber.png

Get 99 fletch while doing Livid Farm. Downtime between cycles. :thumbsup:

That's what I was thinking, and probably what I'll end up doing to get comp cape a little faster.

Also, like an idiot, I didn't realize finishing the POH Statue was only for the trimmed completionist cape. I thought it was a standard comp cape req, but seeing as it isn't, I won't be bothering with that anymore.

Time for another long day of rocktail.

Trollbomber.png

Could you tell me rough xp/hr of mining gold at LRC with a Yak and Jujus? You were the first person to come to mind..

It kind of just depends on your luck with how often the juju effect kicks in, and whether or not gold rocks are up.

A good trip (10 urns) could only last 30 minutes (~70k xp/hr or so), while a bad one may take upwards of 45 minutes (~50k xp/hr or so).

Although I've used urns up to where I'm at now, I'm contemplating not doing so anymore for a few reasons. First off you only get 625 xp each, which is similar to mining 10 more gold which doesn't take long. Next, you've got to carry 10 urns, which also means banking more often as you can't hold as much gold obviously. Finally, you have to bank every 30-45 minutes to get more urns, which lasts 3-5 minutes that you could have been mining. I'm not sure whether or not it's really worth the extra 6250 mining xp per trip. Seeing as I don't bother with fishing urns while doing rocktail (I prefer 3-4 hour fishing trips), I might try that soon.

Sorry for the long reply, but lemme know if you decide to do it without urns and what your xp rate is. I like the idea of being able to stay down there a few hours instead of frequently leaving to get more urns.

-----------------------

So today I didn't do too much aside from some more rocktail fishing.

Fished another 800-900 rocktail, and am pretty close to 95 fishing, which I'll get tomorrow. Did a few farm runs, and am closing in on 95 farming also (189k from).

Tomorrow I'm going to try and use up the rest of my skoll boots (80% left) at either BAA or GAA depending on how I'm feeling. This should get me 95 agility, which is nice, but there's still a lot of laps to be done even with double xp, as I'm 677k from <_<

Passed the 300M overall xp milestone tonight, meaning I've gained 100M xp since my return from "quitting" last fall. Hopefully when I pass the 400M milestone I'll have a max cape and will be working towards 120 DG :thumbup:

Money pouch is up to 18.6M now, +16M from a week ago, with my only income being flasks, charging for assists, and rocktails. It's hard for me not to spend it, but I think I can save until I get 99 fishing / 99 mining.

96 Fishing (caught up to mining) should hopefully happen this week sometime, at which point I'll finally start training them evenly to get 99 in both at the same time. Checked dragon pickaxe prices just for fun and was sad to see they were back down to 13.4M, which is 2.2M down from yesterday's price. Not that it would have sold at that price had I sold mine yesterday, but it still would have been nice to make some easy money. I suck at merching / predicting the market :wall:

Trollbomber.png