Trollbomber's Blog To Completionist - Max Cape Achieved

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played a lot tonight, but didn't really do any runecrafting.

I ended up playing quite a bit of COD again, but got this while playing:

111221215542.png

Spent the rest of my evening afterwards finishing up requirements for Karajma elite outside of 91 RC, as well as the nooby lumbridge required tasks that are required for taskmaster but not the explorer ring, putting me here:

111222030535.png

Had a mithril dragon task when I got 99 slayer back in April, and hadn't slayed since. Finishing that refreshed my memory of my task count, as it was task #557. Went to Kuradel 2 more times to do a hellhounds task and gargoyles task (both tasks gave me an effigy, putting me at 142 total), then my 560th task were hellhounds again (I had to do this for Karajma elite). Although I slayed in welfare gear (prossy, neitz, ect.), it was still fun.

Not entirely sure on when I'm going to get the remaining ~325k RC xp finished up at ZMI, but I imagine it'll be soon (hopefully no later than Christmas).

I also deleted my goal of obtaining exactly 232 effigies. I'm still going to collect and save all effigies I get, but will probably go past 232 in the long run anyway, and seeing as I'm still not entirely sure how I want to use all my dragonkins, I'm leaving my options open.

Trollbomber.png

If you care to know, Oldak in Dorgesh-Kaan boosts your rc by -2 to +2 (like a free stew) if you ask him what he discovered. From there you can use the logging trick to keep the boost until you're at the nature altar :). Good luck on completionist as well :).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

If you care to know, Oldak in Dorgesh-Kaan boosts your rc by -2 to +2 (like a free stew) if you ask him what he discovered. From there you can use the logging trick to keep the boost until you're at the nature altar :). Good luck on completionist as well :).

Use the RC hood's free teleport option to the nature altar.

aah.png

aah.png
aah.png

aah.png

People in glass houses should shower in the basement.

Awesome! I had no idea about that boost. I would have had to wait to grow a kitten to a cat then make stews ect. but you just saved me loads of time :D feel free to keep track of my blog and post!

Got this now:

111222104522.png

Got the 610k xp in lamps ready to collect along with all of the elite armors from varrock, fally, fremmy, and karajma once I finish up the rest of my ZMI xp. I think once I finish up 91 RC my play time will be able to pick up a bit more as I become more motivated to get 90+ in the next month.

Trollbomber.png

Was looking at my Glacor kills and realized I haven't gone in a while due to both skilling and the price of runes now.

At 13 fire surges per Glacor, with each surge costing about 1,833 gp each (current ge values), that puts the cost of each Glacor kill at about 24k in runes alone (not counting exts, ppots, ect.), which is nearly double what I was paying when I started. However it seems that armadyl dust may have dropped a bit in price while the boots have either dropped or stayed around the same in price, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to consider starting back up Glacors again. I'd prefer to wait until the price per surge drops closer to 1k again, but that may be awhile/not happen, so we'll see.

I would consider slayer an alternative for effigies, but it looks as though it doesn't break even anymore when using ovls/cannon/turmoil anymore, so hopefully I can figure out a decent alternative for both effigies as well as income.

Does anyone know how well torstols profit overall in the current market? I quit farming them a while back when I was consistently losing money on them, and was curious as to whether or not they're better now.

Trollbomber.png

Didn't get any time to play tonight, oh well.

Tomorrow I'm going to have several hours of free time before I go to celebrate Christmas with my *drumroll* fiancée (she said yes! <3: ), so I will be getting 91 RC tomorrow afternoon.

Next week will consist of 91 construction, 90 smithing, and the start of 91 mining.

Trollbomber.png

Use SoA on miths for dem effigies. Don't post again till you get a dfh

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Use SoA on miths for dem effigies. Don't post again till you get a dfh

Dragon_full_helm.gif

Currently 104k to 91 RC. Ended up playing more COD instead. I will still be able to get tonight. I also bought enough shards and secondaries to use my 4,813 crimson charms to make yaks. This will put me about 700k from 99 summoning. I ended up selling my 8k addy bars after I realized how expensive the gp/xp was going to end up being, letting me buy my dpick back as well as supplies for summoning.

Trollbomber.png

Tonight was a good night. I finally finished up a goal that I've been putting off for over 2 weeks, 91 RC. From this point on I'm done crafting runes for training purposes. ZMI burnt me out. I'm hoping that troll invasion, penguins, JOAT (starting next month), random event xp lamps, and opening my own effigies, along with assisting later on down the road (around 95 or 97. getting a 91 assist is impossible), will get me 99 fairly quickly, possibly before most of my other skills:

111226004137.png

I was about to start working on construction when I randomly decided to train to 99 summoning:

111226030721.png

It was nice because I had the funds available, as well as an excess of charms. It took me 2 hours to gain the 2.8M xp needed (would have been much shorter in comparison if I could have afforded to do all the xp with 3500 geysers, but was too expensive). I ended up making 4,813 yaks and 900 geyser titans, and lost a total of 13M once everything was said and done. I know I said I wasn't going to get anymore 99s until the day I maxed previously, but I don't see that being feasible with the way I like to play. Getting 99s occasionally keeps me motivated to keep going, so I'll probably just go with the flow from this point on. Not sure how many more effigies I'll get; it really just depends on when fire surges become cheaper for Glacors (last time I checked they were 2k/surge). I'm considering going back to the Ganodermics, as I've heard they still turn a profit along with a somewhat decent effigy rate.

Tomorrow I'm going to try and use up my 13.8k mahog planks for 91 construction, then open my many construction effigies. Afterwards I'm going to work on 90 agility and 91 mining by the end of this week.

Doesnt have a steel titan yet.

Son, I am disappoint.

111226031021.png

Trollbomber.png

I accomplished a lot today.

First off, my original goal was to get 91 construction, and I managed to knock 87-91 out of the way fairly quickly:

111226191541.png

This of course in turn led to me opening all of my construction effigies. I'm currently 353k from 93 construction just from opening effigies today after 91, and will be getting all xp from now on from opening effigies and assists:

111226192007.png

111226194951.png

Getting me this:

111226194706.png

I had a little extra cash and time left over, and noticed I had a few particular types of effigies building up, so I decided to get a couple of extra levels:

111226205451.png

111226230355.png

Which then allowed me to open a lot of effigy stages. I realized I've gained over 9M xp in the last 48 hours, which is quite a bit for me.:

111226202037.png

111226205256.png

111226230728.png

111226231300.png

111226231307.png

Afterwards I sorted out all of my effigies again, and wanted to see how many of each I have. Mining is the only combo still locked for me, hence the 13 starved effigies:

111226231745.png

I don't have the skills to begin opening any gorged effigies yet, but when I do, I imagine I'll just start using them on runecrafting.

...and finally, right as I was about to get off, I was stuck staring at my 10M cash stack, wondering what I should invest it on. Somehow I decided to use it on prayer, although I don't know why. I knew it was going to be expensive in the end, and seeing as I just spent 30M+ on construction and 13M on summoning last night, why not just spend another 15M on prayer and get 138 combat in the process? I ended up having to sell everything worth value in my bank (including high alching my skillcapes @ 59.6k ea) to afford all the dragon bones, but oh well. A couple of hours later:

111227024332.png

The only item left of value on my account now is my dragon pick, which I wasn't going to sell because I need it for mining badly. I don't mind that my net wealth is only about 10M right now. I have played and leveled just fine off of a low net wealth throughout the entire life of my account, and things tend to have a way of working out, so I'll be fine. Starting tomorrow I'm going to begin working on 91 mining to unlock my last effigy combo, as well as 90 agility to knock out another 90s cape requirement. Currently only 14 levels away from the 90s cape. I imagine I'll have it sometime around the first part of January.

Trollbomber.png

mining should make a small chunk of cash back anyways

That's the plan, but probably not much. I need 30k gold ore for 91 mining, which I'm going to smelt when I'm feeling lazy for 92 smithing. Bars should sell for a couple mil.

Also, I'm beginning to notice a lot of people are desperate for 98 craft assists for crafting ganoderpic armor. I assisted like 3k crafting xp last night to various people for 350k, so I might keep doing that when possible.

Trollbomber.png

This took a lot longer than I thought it would, but got it nonetheless, as well as 87+ all skills:

111228000252.png

Took 5.5 hours using mining juju + yak so I could semi-afk while watching yt vids and browsing 9GAG. 91 definitely won't happen this week, but gonna keep mining nonstop till 91 anyway.

Trollbomber.png

Haha gotta love opening effigies .. just looking at your pics I want to open mine. :D

Grats on all your levels. :)

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Haha gotta love opening effigies .. just looking at your pics I want to open mine. :D

Grats on all your levels. :)

Haha yeah. I'm really wanting to wait to open all my gorged ones on the same day, but I may be tempted to start opening them the second I get a level for one of them lol, but we'll see. At least 99 runecrafting will come really fast :P.

Trollbomber.png

Got a lot more mining xp done at work yesterday (284k):

111229084417.png

I should get 88 today, and then I'm going to take a small break and train agility. A little over 300k off 88, but if I can get that today, I can boost to 93 agility, letting me open 15 nourished effigies for a fast 300k xp, making 89 a breeze. I would like to get all that done today, but we'll just see what happens.

I also decided to sell my gold ore (it's about 275 ea right now) instead of smelting all those bars. I was going to do Glacors again, but with fire surges at 2k/ea, I don't see them bringing in profit, so I bought a polypore staff and some ppots. When I get tired of skilling for a bit I'm going to head down there and try to make some money (and get more effigies!)

Trollbomber.png