Trollbomber's Blog To Completionist - Max Cape Achieved

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another alright night. Finished up 85 thieving and construction which gave me 85+ in all skills, as I was too tired to do them last night. Just for fun I decided to time my xp rates on both skills. Ironically I went from 84 to 85 in both skills in 36 minutes each, averaging a rate of 255k xp/hr while thieving at monkey knife fighters, and doubling that rate for 510k xp/hr via mahogany tables.

111127225524.png

111127225527.png

I also got this. I'd be much higher farming if I hadn't taken such long breaks, so I'm going to do steady herb runs from now on until near-99 (not 99 because I'm saving that for my max party ofc :P)

111127225530.png

I had about 1.5k surges left, so I went to go use them up at Glacors. I was really hoping for some boots in the 3 trips I did, but I settled for 3 effigies instead, leaving me at this:

111128020129.png

I managed to sell the dust & other loot I got from them for enough money to buy 6k more fire surges. I'll probably try out the new slayer dungeon (given that it's not task-required) for a while to test my luck on getting one of the new drops early and selling high, but we'll see. If it's too crowded or something I'll probably just go back to Glacors.

This week I'm going to work towards 86+ all stats (need 1 mining level, 1 construction level, and 1 thieving level), possibly 91 firemaking and construction (to unlock 2 out of the remaining 3 effigies combos I need to open, leaving only mining left), and of course some more Glacor trips.

Trollbomber.png

Drop this game and play swtor with me when it comes out.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Thanks! Only 95 more effigies to go :P

I dont really understand the effigie system, it came before I started to play again :P

What you need them for, I know they get you exp.

But how far will they get you? :)

Nice progress !

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

I dont really understand the effigie system, it came before I started to play again :P

Nice progress !

Each effigy has 4 stages to unlock which require levels 91 (starved, gives 15k xp), 93 (nourished, gives 20k xp), 95 (sated, gives 25k xp), and 97 (gorged, gives 30k xp) in one of the following skills (paired skills are random):

• Herblore* or Hunter
  • Fletching* or Woodcutting
  • Cooking* or Firemaking
  • Crafting* or Agility
  • Runecrafting* or Summoning
  • Farming* or Fishing
  • Construction* or Thieving
  • Smithing* or Mining

* = skills that can be assisted from each combo.

So for example, say you got an effigy and it said you needed fletching or woodcutting. You could either open the first stage yourself and earn 15k fletching or woodcutting xp (depending on what skill you choose and whether you have 91 in that skill) or go have someone assist you in the assistable option (in this case fletching). After opened, it would become a nourished effigy, and would require a different pair of skills mentioned above, but this time at level 93. You would repeat the process until you've opened all 4 stages.

After you've opened the gorged effigy yourself or via assisting, you get a dragonkin lamp. These lamps give a great deal of xp in any of your skills, although it's advised to save the lamp for a higher leveled skill for better xp (~43k xp on a lvl 95 skill, 48k xp on a lvl 99 skill for example).

I decided to save all of my effigies and open them myself (granting me an additional 90k xp in random skills per effigy rather than giving that xp away via assists) and save the dragonkins for agility and runecrafting. 116 dragonkin lamps used on each skill starting from lvl 94 will get me 99 in both skills in about an hour or so, saving hundreds of hours of actually training the skill.

Sorry for the long response, but I like to be thorough :)

Trollbomber.png

Nice progress !

Each effigy has 4 stages to unlock which require levels 91 (starved, gives 15k xp), 93 (nourished, gives 20k xp), 95 (sated, gives 25k xp), and 97 (gorged, gives 30k xp) in one of the following skills (paired skills are random):

• Herblore* or Hunter
  • Fletching* or Woodcutting
  • Cooking* or Firemaking
  • Crafting* or Agility
  • Runecrafting* or Summoning
  • Farming* or Fishing
  • Construction* or Thieving
  • Smithing* or Mining

* = skills that can be assisted from each combo.

So for example, say you got an effigy and it said you needed fletching or woodcutting. You could either open the first stage yourself and earn 15k fletching or woodcutting xp (depending on what skill you choose and whether you have 91 in that skill) or go have someone assist you in the assistable option (in this case fletching). After opened, it would become a nourished effigy, and would require a different pair of skills mentioned above, but this time at level 93. You would repeat the process until you've opened all 4 stages.

After you've opened the gorged effigy yourself or via assisting, you get a dragonkin lamp. These lamps give a great deal of xp in any of your skills, although it's advised to save the lamp for a higher leveled skill for better xp (~43k xp on a lvl 95 skill, 48k xp on a lvl 99 skill for example).

I decided to save all of my effigies and open them myself (granting me an additional 90k xp in random skills per effigy rather than giving that xp away via assists) and save the dragonkins for agility and runecrafting. 116 dragonkin lamps used on each skill starting from lvl 94 will get me 99 in both skills in about an hour or so, saving hundreds of hours of actually training the skill.

Sorry for the long response, but I like to be thorough :)

Thank you so much!

Now I understand why people collect them, actually pretty smart :) As RC is well known to be boring.......... :thumbsup:

No need to sorry for your long response, I like it :)

Thanks again, and good luck onward!

I am lurking around here everyday, done for a while :razz:

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

Made a trip down to the new slayer dungeon. Managed 3 sticks and managed to turn them all into staves, as well as about 3k flakes and some random seeds. After all was said and done I only made about 2M profit. I doubt I'll be going back down there. I ended up buying enough surges so that I'm at an even 10k now, as well as enough supplies for about 20-30 more Glacor trips that I'll try to make in the next several weeks.

I also looked around on an old computer I forgot I had and found some screenies of me playing from a while back.

My old main prior to the one I have now:

1.png

First time I took a picture of my stats I believe. Old main also. It's crazy to think my highest level in this picture is now my lowest level now:

2.png

Another random pic. Funny that 92 fletching was my highest skill then, and I still haven't gotten 92 on my current account:

4.png

A picture of my first shield half drop (from a turoth). I've had a total of 4 (1 turoth, 1 shadow warrior, 2 abyssal demons). I believe I sold it for about 1.5M:

5.png

This is my current account back when it was a f2p pure. All non combats were level 1, and my highest combat stat was maybe 50? Back then I never thought I'd level it to what I have today:

3.png

Trollbomber.png

Didn't really have a chance to play much yesterday at all, but I should be able to today. Going to do a few farm runs this afternoon as well as 86 thieving possibly. Caution: don't read any further if you don't care of lots of numbers and calculations.

Got bored and had some free time to sort out my current effigies (41 starved, 56 nourished, 28 sated, and 12 gorged) into different tabs so they're easier to open when the time comes. I also took the time to calculate how much xp I have waiting in each skill just from what I can see and am at this so far:

• 630k mining xp (180k starved, 260k nourished, 100k sated, 90k gorged)
  • 340k agility xp (200k nourished, 50k sated, 90k gorged)
  • 320k herblore xp (60k nourished, 200k sated, 60k gorged)
  • 535k firemaking xp (195k starved, 180k nourished, 100k sated, 60k gorged)
  • 180k woodcutting xp (150k sated, 30k gorged)
  • 790k construction xp (240k starved, 420k nourished, 100k sated, 30k gorged)

I know most of these won't be opened for a while anyway (gorged won't be opened till I max obviously), but it still excites me to see how much xp is really going to start rolling in soon.

232 effigies grants 20,880,000 xp just from opening, but seeing as I have some stages opened on many, I still aim to gain 18,340,000 xp from opening the remaining stages (plus the 10M+ xp from dragonkins on agility and runecrafting).

Theoretically speaking though however, given the rate of effigy drops at glacors (approx. 1 in 68), I stand to possibly gain 134 more effigies from the 9,115 more Glacors I need to kill, which would put me at 271 effigies rather than 232. This means I could potentially stand to gain 21,850,000 xp from opening effigies in the future, as well as an additional 1.7M xp from dragonkins, which would value the rest of my effigies from this point on out (+ the ones in my bank) at approx 33.5M xp. Given that all gorged and lamps are going to be used the day of my maxing, that grants me almost 20M xp gained from effigies that day, at which point I will also be using all of my blue and crimson charms from Glacors (estimate having ~18M xp in banked charms by 10k kills), as well as some other possible saved xp, for a goal of 40M xp gained in a 24 hour period. I'm sure this isn't nearly as impressive as some of the xp gains other plays have made in the past, but it sure would be nice for me.

Trollbomber.png

You could use stews for mining to save some levels. :x

I haven't ever used stews really. Not sure what the odds are of getting a 4 or higher positive boost (no way I'm ever trying for a +6, seems too rare). I might consider it when I have a lot more effigies to be opened at once.

Trollbomber.png

Camped Glacors for a long time tonight. Managed 6 trips (225 kills total), doing a farm run every 2 trips. No boots, although I have a feeling my time for them is coming soon. I did manage 3 more effigies, putting me at 140 banked now.

86 Thieving didn't happen, as today was a pretty busy day at work. I'm finishing up finals next week, so I'm not sure how much I'll manage to play this weekend, but we'll see. My main priority right now is getting my 10k Glacor kills accomplished so I know how many effigies I have, and can train my skills accordingly to reduce xp waste later on (also get plenty of money for buyables :P).

Trollbomber.png

Did a few trips to the LRC putting me about 208k from 86 mining. This weekend I am going to try to get 87+ in all skills (will do pengs + troll invasion for runecrafting then ZMI the rest), and maybe some Glacor trips.

Seeing as I had extra cash and shouldn't be using the GE anytime soon, I put in derp offers for stuff that won't ever sell. This is how I merch.

111202004419.png

Trollbomber.png

Nice progress. Just wondering,

"T.E.F. are 11.1% complete" ?

Haha, I am such a noob. Second time I ask you about something :P

That's just something I made up for fun. T.E.F. stands for The EffiGlacor Files (which can be found on my first post) which I made up. It's basically a log tracking me killing 10,000 Glacor kills. The 11.1% represents that I've killed 1,110 so far.

Trollbomber.png