Trollbomber's Blog To Completionist - Max Cape Achieved

Well, I got 99 Magic, my 7th 99:

111105010417.png

Didn't get 87 Smithing yet, I'll get it in the morning.

I've lost count of the number of Glacors I've killed, but I would guess it's between 400-500 now. Got a couple more effigies, putting me at 99 banked effigies total. Sadly I'm starting to get a bit bored of them, but they're the only semi-reasonable hope for cash I have now. Currently 34/100 shards. I'm barely turning a profit at the moment with fire surge due to no boot drops yet. Really need some steadfasts soon. Tried out LRC Rocktails for a bit just to see the fishing xp/gp hr. It's not horrible for afk, but with with barb fishing offering agility xp, and c2s now doable for me, idk if I'll continue this method.

I'm open to any reasonable money making methods btw :P

Trollbomber.png

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did mainly mining tonight with some crafting on the side. Took a hit by paying 1.9k per air orb, but had ~3k staves from people, so I didn't mind as much.

111106025125.png

And

111106032039.png

I decided I'm going to continue to level up skills together so all skills are "x+" level, except for construction. Seeing as I'm poor atm, I'm going to leave it at 81 until I can get a hold of ~30M to train it to 88.

Hoping to level all skills aside from construction to at least 84 tomorrow. We'll see.

Trollbomber.png

Here's how I'm going to max

As I level all skills to 99, I'll leave runecrafting and agility at 94.

I will accumulate a total of 232 effigies, opening each of them until they're gorged.

Upon having reached 99 in all skills but runecrafting and agility, I will open all gorged effigies.

These 232 dragonkin lamps will provide 5,102,700 experience in each runecrafting and agility.

I plan on going from 94-99 in both skills in between 30 minutes to an hour.

I currently need to max 15 more skills before this, and obtain 133 more effigies.

Plan on this happening in 2012, sometime.

Trollbomber.png

Didn't finish everything I wanted done tonight, but with the addition of some DGing I did, I'd say it was a fairly good day.

Had a pretty strange dungeon that had lvl 1-5 monsters in most of the rooms. Didn't know if we were just really lucky or something was bugged.

111106182041.png

111106144414.png

111107004015.png

111107020525.png

Wanted to test out how much the xp/hr here was for me, so I just timed how long it took to do 185k xp and did it in 53 minutes, so ~210k xp/hr. I'm going to do pyramid plunder for 84 to test the rates there. After 83 though I became dead tired so I'll finish it up later.

111107030158.png

One of my upcoming goals is to get 99 ranged, summoning, crafting, and dungeoneering all in the same dungeon. After 84 thieving I'm going to start working towards that, meaning the slow raising of my minimum skills will be put on the backburner for a while. I'll still continue to train woodcutting and smithing most likely while I'm afk.

Trollbomber.png

Played Modern Warfare 3 quite a bit upon release, and went to bed early last night due to lost sleep the night before, so I wasn't on here much.

Got this just now though:

111109104615.png

Got 88 smithing banked from all the gold ore I mined, so I'll probably do that today, then start up glacors again tonight.

Trollbomber.png

Got 88 Smithing today as I planned:

111109225018.png

Done smithing gold for good. Addy plates till 99 when the money is available.

Also killed 85 Glacors tonight for 4 effigies. 2 of them were 5 kills apart, while the other 2 were 2 kills apart. Not bad. Also have 136 dust at the moment. I'll most likely just hold on to my dust until someone with 99 rc is willing to assist me so that I can get the most money/shard.

I now have 103 out of 232 effigies banked.

My main goal tomorrow is 86 agility so I can finally open my agility effigies while boosted. ~650k or so xp I need to gain, so it's going to be a busy day.

Trollbomber.png

You're doing some great progress on your goal. Those are some very high skills!

Good luck with your goal. Opening all of those effigies will take you quite some time...:P

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Good luck with your goal. Opening all of those effigies will take you quite some time...:P

Thanks!

Yeah it will take some time, but it will all be worth it in the end.

Opening 232 gorged effigies is just over 17M xp when combining the dragonkins. I'm hoping I can do it all in less than an hour :P

I figured out that I'll make sure I'm just enough xp away in "opening skills" so that opening the gorged effigies gives me 99 in those too, so I should get 99 construction, 99 mining, 99 herblore, 99 firemaking, 99 fishing, 99 summoning, 99 agility (dragonkin), and 99 runecrafting (dragonkin) in less than an hour :D

To bad I still need 128 effigies haha.

Trollbomber.png

Thanks!

Opening 232 gorged effigies is just over 17M xp when combining the dragonkins. I'm hoping I can do it all in less than an hour :P

I figured out that I'll make sure I'm just enough xp away in "opening skills" so that opening the gorged effigies gives me 99 in those too, so I should get 99 construction, 99 mining, 99 herblore, 99 firemaking, 99 fishing, 99 summoning, 99 agility (dragonkin), and 99 runecrafting (dragonkin) in less than an hour :D

128 hours of cave crawlers...

Or slightly more of black dragons/black demons.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Thanks!

128 hours of cave crawlers...

Or slightly more of black dragons/black demons.

Although I know this isn't a permanent rate, I'm averaging over an effigy/hour (4/hr below) on glacors, and atleast they make you money, and great charms too.

111110200901.png

I'll be getting all 232+ from here seeing as I have a chance to make good money off boots too.

Trollbomber.png

Ended up DGing some more and got this:

111113002855.png

I'm at 355k tokens atm, but don't have any idea what I want to spend them on, so I'm just going to save them.

Crafted some more air bstaves as well as some green dhide bodies to finish up my 9th 99:

111113022253.png

Not sure how much I'll play tomorrow. If I do I'll probably get 85 rc, 85 agility, and 91 wc.

Trollbomber.png

May I ask, how do you get the date in the "report" button?

It automatically does that when you take a screenshot in swiftkit, as you'll see their logo on the x button in the top right as well.

Do you have an idea if there's a program which automatically adds the date to the picture? I'm not sure if I want to install/download SwiftKit

May I ask, how do you get the date in the "report" button?

It automatically does that when you take a screenshot in swiftkit, as you'll see their logo on the x button in the top right as well.

Do you have an idea if there's a program which automatically adds the date to the picture? I'm not sure if I want to install/download SwiftKit

I don't know of anything other than SwiftKit that does it, as I haven't used anything other than SK or the browser anyway. SK is secure and reliable, but do as you wish.

Trollbomber.png

I put a little bit more thought into my plans for opening effigies, and decided upon this:

• I will not be training anymore skills to 99 until the day of my max.
  • Upon having acquired 232 effigies, all skills will be trained so that the opening of the gorged effigies will get me near-99 in the opening skills (mining, firemaking, construction, fishing, herblore, summoning, and woodcutting)
  • The 7 other non-99s (smithing, hunter, theiving, ranged, prayer, farming, and fletching) will be trained to near-99 via regular training methods.
  • 225 of the gorged effigies will be opened an hour prior to the party, taking me from level 94 to near-99 in both agility and runecrafting, as well as the opening skills.
  • The 7 remaining gorged effigies will be held in the inventory, as well as supplies to level the 7 non opening skills. Lamps from the 7 gorged will achieve 99 runecrafting and agility.
  • This adds up to me obtaining the last 16 99s in about a minute or so, making for (in my opinion), one hell of a maxing party.
  • Yes, this is surely overkill, but I want to get my max cape in a unique way, so this is how it's going to be done.

I killed 122 more Glacors tonight. No boots, but got 3 more effigies, putting me halfway from my goal:

111114235801.png

Seeing as I won't be obtaining 99 summoning until the day I max out the rest of my skills, I'm going to simply save all my charms until then (excluding golds), and probably go for a fairly decent xp record (Seeing as I'm already doing ~17M xp in effigies that day). These are my current charms. I think if I continue Glacors at the pace I am, I can build up quite a stash of blues and crimsons for a pretty nice chunk of xp:

111114235719.png

Finally, I though I'd share a picture of my setup at Glacors. Yeah, it's not the best possible setup out there, but this is raking in pretty quick kills for the time being, and I don't see much that I'd change (aside from a fury-switch when I can afford it, and maybe ovls later). This setup gives me ~50 minute trips (45 kills or so).

111114235654.png

Coming up on my to do list (when I'm not EffiGlacoring) is 85+ in all skills excluding construction (once I get some boots from Glacors I can afford to train it).

Trollbomber.png

Did several hours of Glacors last night and this morning, but no luck with boots or effigies.

Going to start doing jadinko lair more to get 91 firemaking so I can open cook/fm effigies (no point in wasting xp on 99 cooking).

Also changed my name because all the cool kids are doing it.

Trollbomber.png