Trollbomber's Blog To Completionist - Max Cape Achieved

All I really did tonight were Glacors, for about 5 hours. The first hour was horrible, as my internet connection lagged me out several times, causing 3 deaths at Glacors. Plus I was still on my 150+ kill dry streak which was beginning to get very annoying, and I was losing confidence in killing anymore Glacors. After playing Skyrim for a bit while waiting for the internet to come back up, I returned to kill Glacors for 4 more hours, in which time I got 8 effigies and 1 pair of ragefire boots which I sold for 14.55M on the ge. Shards & other drops added up to an additional 6M or so, netting me 20M for the night. Funny thing was, before I logged in this evening, I wanted to try and make my goal before I got off to kill ~250 Glacors, get at least 1 pair of boots, and 4 effigies. I managed to do 248 kills in a little less than 5 hours, got a pair of boots, and doubled my expectations on effigy drops :)

111117000956.png

This, plus the 8 effigies that put me at 124 total banked, equal quite a success for me tonight. I'm excited to keep on killing Glacors knowing that I've made a decent amount of money in a short time, and I'm getting this lucky with effigies. Aside from doing ivy or something similar while I'm at work, I decided I'm going to stick solely to Glacors from now on, until I have 232 effigies. This should also net me enough money to pay for my buyables on the side. I don't have any date set for finishing, but I'm hoping I can have all my effigies by the end of this year. If I get bored enough, I might keep going to 300-400 effigies.

Also, got this from a genie lamp. Ardy elite's 200k xp, penguin point's 100k xp through the end of this month, and December's troll invasion will give me 86 at the first of next month.

111117012622.png

Trollbomber.png

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought some more supplies (plus ~12k surges).

111117112503.png

I've started The EffiGlacor Files, a new sidegoal of mine on my way to maxing.

My skilling will probably be put on the backburner a bit (not completely though!) because I decided I'm going to kill 10,000 Glacors to bring in enough effigies and cash for maxing out. I won't be logging each kill, but I will be saving all drops minus the boots (will sell to replenish supplies). This will probably take a couple of months, but should hopefully bring in plenty of cash and effigies.

Starting stats/charms:

111117113728.png

111117113749.png

111117113801.png

111117113815.png

111117113852.png

I've added a section on the first page that will track statistics revolving around The EffiGlacor Files if anyone is interested.

Trollbomber.png

Started The EffiGlacor Files tonight (detailed statistics can be found on the first page).

Got 1 effigy (#125), and this for the loot out of 3 trips. Not too bad.

111119002141.png

Skill-wise, I'll probably get 85 agility (1 more after that to open starved effigies!), and 92 woodcutting.

Trollbomber.png

3 levels:

111119121818.png

111119122129.png

111119174408.png

Also did 3 more trips at Glacors. No boots or effigies, and very few shards. Hopefully my luck picks up again soon. Later tonight I'm going to either get 85+ all skills (except for construction), or camp Glacors more.

Trollbomber.png

Only killed 7 Glacors tonight due to a slow internet connection for some reason. I did however get an effigy (#126), so it wasn't too bad. Currently 226/10,000 killed.

Started working towards my agile top tonight instead of 85 thief/mining. I'm about halfway there. Tomorrow I'll get 86 agility/agile top then open all my starved agility effigies.

Trollbomber.png

Cool idea for maxing.

I should really get in on these glacor things. They seem too good to not be killing right now.

Thanks.

Yeah you should. Worlds are pretty empty due to what most people see as "insane requirements" but they're not really too hard to unlock, nor to kill.

Great charm rates, plenty of effigies, and expensive drops (for the time being). What's not to love?

Trollbomber.png

Very nice blog! Hope to kill some Glacors with you. (And rub off all that effigy luck onto me.) :>

Thanks!

I'll be sure to let you know whenever I go. Only 9,774 more for me to kill, so I'll be making many more trips haha.

After I get my 232 effigies, we can swap our effigy/boot drop rates :)

Trollbomber.png

Finally got this, which unlocked another effigy combo. Only 3 left (firemaking, construction, mining)

111120151816.png

All dat xp:

111120153016.png

111120153527.png

111120153825.png

Finally starved effigies aren't the majority:

111120154050.png

I've got some homework and stuff to do, so I'm going to go camp the jadinko lair now to begin unlocking the firemaking effigy combo.

Trollbomber.png

Well, today was a pretty good day.

Spent a couple of hours at The Jadinko Lair to get this:

111120190319.png

I was going to go for 88 or 89 firemaking, but got bored quickly and decided I should work a little more on The EffiGlacor Files. I'm glad I did too, as I got this 1 kill into my first trip:

111120202613.png

Unfortunately there were no effigies in the 101 kills of the evening, but I was fine with just the boots. I sold them for 15.3M in the GE.

I got bored after a few trips at Glacors and sold my loot tab like I said I wouldn't. I had ~27M cash, and realized my loot tab was worth about 9M, which would be enough for 18k mahogany planks if I sold everything, so I did.

111121010928.png

These 3k mahogany tables will put me ~100k from 89 construction, at which point I'll boost (with tea) to open the 15 construction effigies I have for an additional 225k xp, giving me 89. I should have these finished within a week.

In a way, it kind of sucks that I'm poor again, but my lowest skill (and expensive one at that) will be taken care of now, so I think it was worth it. I've got 7k fire surges left, and plenty of supplies for more trips, so I can continue to do more Glacors whenever need be. I have a lot of free time coming up soon, so my goal is 2335 total level with all stats 87+ within the next 2 weeks. The plan is:

• 3 mining levels (87)
  • 2 agility levels (88)
  • 1 smithing level (89)
  • 1 fishing level (90)
  • 3 thieving levels (87)
  • 1 fletching level (87)
  • 1 woodcutting level (93)
  • 2 runecrafting levels (87)
  • 1 farming level (93)
  • 8 construction levels (89)
  • 2 hunter levels (87)
  • 1 Dungeoneering level (101)

I'll probably be squeezing in occasional Glacor trips throughout the leveling to break up the monotony and try to rebuild my cash stack again.

Trollbomber.png

A good day again.

I can't tolerate much construction before my wrist starts hurting, so I'll probably just stick with a level a day or something

111121215258.png

Did 2 trips at Glacors for a total of 3 effigies and another pair of ragefires that I sold for just over 16M. Unfortunately I think boots are beginning to crash, so I'm going to try to camp them as much as possible this week. This makes for 2 ragefires in 24 hrs, and 3 overall.

111121230544.png

Also those 3 effigies put me at 129 banked. Only 103 more to complete my goal.

With the money I got from the boots I bought a dpick for when I begin mining in LRC later, and spent the rest on addy bars for this:

111122012556.png

Which in turn led to me being able to knock out the 91 smithing requirement for ardy elite, giving me this. I put the 200k xp to runecrafting of course, as well as 32 peng pts I had saved for a total of 268k rc xp.

111122021701.png

Will probably get 90 fishing as well as a couple of con lvls tomorrow.

Trollbomber.png

Did 2 more trips at Glacors tonight. Got 2 effigies, and my 3rd logged pair of ragefires (4th overall):

111122234320.png

111122225930.png

They sold for 16.1M just like last night's pair. I bought some more planks (91 con banked now rather than 89) with most of the money, and spent the rest on broad arrow tips for 87 fletching:

111123004447.png

It's kind of sad that I have 91 construction banked, but can't be bothered to murder my wrists, so I just continue with Glacors/other skills. I still want to try to have all these planks used up by the end of this month. Tomorrow I should get 90 fishing and 93 woodcutting for sure. Not sure what else I might achieve (inb4 5th pair of ragefires).

Also, just in case I am ready for my completionist cape before this time next year, I went ahead and did the Thanksgiving quest. Never was a fan of doing the holiday events, but after Jagex's recent stunt involving music tracks, I decided to do it just in case.

Trollbomber.png

I did 3 more trips to Glacors tonight in hopes of some boots, but no such luck. I'm not necessarily upset about it, seeing as my luck was above average the past week there. I did however get effigy #132, leaving me with only 100 more needed to collect.

Random picture of me hitting my highest hit yet there:

111125005729.png

I boosted to 95 fishing to open a starved and several sated fishing effigies for a quick & easy 165k fishing xp.

111125031335.png

Due to the fact that bloods are skyrocketing here lately, I've decided to keep all of my blood rune drops from Glacors, and also begin crafting the noted pure essence into bloods after finding out how fast it was today. This should hopefully save me a bit more money each trip, seeing as I'm paying over 1k each surge, causing me to go in the negative some trips.

I also finally decided to start farming again tonight. I've been lazy here lately and neglected it, and decided I need to start doing more herb runs. I'm just going to stick with fellstalk to 99, saving all of the herbs along the way for prayer renewals for cheap herblore xp when I'm done.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to knock a couple more levels off my goal of 87+ all stats here soon, starting with hunter. I am running low on mining jujus, so I figured I'd knock 87 hunter out of the way first to get pots ready for when I do 84-87 mining.

Trollbomber.png

Very nice blog :rolleyes:

Good luck on getting that Comp cape, and also with those 10k Glacors :shock:

That's like 200m+ just from the shards :ohnoes:

vP6O8.png

Click for blog - Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature ;)

Very nice blog :rolleyes:

Good luck on getting that Comp cape, and also with those 10k Glacors :shock:

That's like 200m+ just from the shards :ohnoes:

Thanks!

I figured 10k Glacors would bring in a total of hopefully 500M profit, but we'll see.

Trollbomber.png

6 levels recently:

Did both of these levels in 1 login (~710k xp) in 3 hours. Got 6 samaden seeds, which have now all been farmed lol.

111125222855.png

This level seemed easier than it was due to the fact I opened a bunch of agility effigies at 86, shortening the actual agility training for 87. The 412k xp needed for 88 is going to suck, but atleast I unlock nourished agility effigies.

111125235807.png

Got the next 3 levels all at once for a bit of fun. 84 construction gave me 84+ in all stats:

111126161206.png

Used this weeks penguin points as well as a few thousand blood runes crafted to get this:

111126161211.png

And finally this. Although they're expensive, I like training this via broad arrows. Usually I just fletch the arrows when I'm a bit early for a farm run for something:

111126161214.png

Mining, thieving, and construction are the only skills holding me back from 85+ and 86+ in all stats now. I'm going to try and atleast get 85+ all tonight, and 86+ if I have the time. Construction and thieving should go fairly fast, it's the 641k mining xp I'm worried about.

I also did 2 more Glacor trips earlier this afternoon. No boots but got 2 effigies 2 kills apart (#133 & #134). Only 98 more to go!

Trollbomber.png

I thought I would try to tackle 85 mining first for 85+ tonight, and several hours later finally got it. To my surprise, I only used 49 doses of mining juju to get just over 300k mining xp, which is much better than I thought. I've got 421 doses left at the moment, so I should be set for a while. I doubt I'll ever mine rune, as there's no point:

111126225425.png

I went to monkey knife fighters, but almost fell asleep at my computer after 30 minutes of thieving, so I decided to call it quits. Before I went to go thieving I did 2 more trips at Glacors, but had no luck with boots or effigies. I'm really hoping for a boot drop soon, as my supplies are dwindling down fast. I've got only 1,494 fire surges left, and I'm getting low on prayer pots as well. Chances are I'll be using 100% of the next boot drop I get on only supplies, so that I'm set for quite a while.

I've got quite a bit of homework to do tomorrow, so I may not be on much. If I am, it will probably be just to do farm runs and possibly camping jadinko lair for more firemaking xp seeing as it's semi-afk.

Trollbomber.png