Trollbomber's Blog To Completionist - Max Cape Achieved

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow nice account you got there. 60k exp/hour total? How the hell did you do that?

Will check this from time to time :P

Thanks!

When I started back up a year ago I only had ~25M total xp or so, and since then have played (for the most part) rather efficiently. Also, I'm doing unbuyables mostly right now, so that rate is a bit deflated. Hoping for ~70-80k/hr average by the time I max, but we'll see :)

Trollbomber.png

Was busy with prior engagements this evening and wasn't going to get on afterwards, but decided to anyway. Managed to slip into a couple of quick floors:

110802023226.png

Started fishing, and was going to go for 84 tonight, but I'm pretty tired and cba to finish it. Going to go for 85 fishing and 98 mage tomorrow. Possibly a DG level. We'll see.

Trollbomber.png

Well, lately my day-by-day goals seem to be failing left and right. Yesterday after I got off work I had an entire evening available to train, but passed out at 7 due to being extremely tired for some unknown reason.

Woke up a few hours later, logged in to do 1 aba floor, then tried to fish again before giving up and going back to bed. Luckily I still got a magic level and an unscreenied 84 fishing so I didn't feel like yesterday was completely pointless. I probably won't have 99 for a while. I only train it now via low alching/superheating for the most part:

110802191831.png

If I want to make my deadline on maxing out this game then I'm really going to need to pick up the pace. I have another free evening tonight after work, so considering I got 12 hours of sleep last night, I'm hoping I can pull off an efficient night.

Goals for today:

• 85 Fishing
  • 92 DG
  • 83 Thieving

If I still have a bit more time, I'll try for 86 fishing (opening all my starved fishing effigies), or 84/85 thief (to knock another 85 out of the way before Aug. 14th)

Trollbomber.png

Today went very well. I managed to achieve the goals of mine that I cared for (eh I'll do thieving later lol), plus got some other levels.

First off, I managed to do quite a few floors, and accomplish what I thought would be the hardest goal of the night, 92 DG. I also encountered a soulgazer for the first time ever, but unfortunately no hex.

110803194325.png

110804014254.png

While waiting for floors, I also managed this. Kind of took me by surprise:

110804020740.png

After selling ~4k staves, I had a small pile of cash, so decided to prepare to invest in buyables seeing as my unbuyables will all be 85 soon. Bought 20k mith bars along with the efficieny scroll from DG. I needed 21,165 total bars for 81-85, so I should have some left over thanks to this scroll. I'll finish 85 up later this week:

110804033600.png

Finally, finished up 85 fishing. I had been working on this for a while now, and seemed to get extremely tired irl somehow while doing it (not really surprised though tbh). Glad to be done with it for a bit, seeing as it knocks one more 85+ out of the way before August 14th:

110804041046.png

In regards to my plans for the rest of the week, I'm not entirely sure. By the end of next Sunday, I would like (if at all possible):

• 85 Mining
  • 85 Smithing
  • 94 Crafting
  • 95 Dungeoneering

We'll see what happens.

Trollbomber.png

Well, after much thought, I've decided to try and begin to slow down my gameplay on RuneScape.

Why? I'm addicted. There's no doubt about it. This addiction probably wouldn't be that big of a deal to me if I didn't already have other major life plans, but I do, and I need to do my best to spread my focus and hard work across many more aspects of my life than just this game. To clarify, I don't regret anything I've done up to this point in terms of gametime played, ect. I've enjoyed all of the time I've spent playing RuneScape thus far, hence why I'm addicted to it.

For one, I have slipped out of my habit of going to the gym on a regular basis to stay in shape. I'm not fat or obese by any means, but I have lost my figure once again. When I am focused on staying in shape, it keeps my mind healthy too. I have a better outlook on life in general, and am in better mood much more often. Staying in shape is another one of my top priorities that I need to focus on more.

Next, I'm about to finish up my last two semesters for my Associates starting in a couple of weeks. My first year, I managed to play RuneScape and go to school, but I know for a fact I did not perform as well as I could have. I even failed 1 online class due to the fact that I focused on RuneScape way more than I did that class. Looking back now, it wasn't really worth it, but it happened nonetheless, and I need to learn from it. With school coming up, it is another reason I will not be playing as much.

And fiinally, for those of you who may not know, I have a baby girl on the way. She'll be here in the next month or two to be exact. I need to be there to help take care of her, and I know for a fact that I don't want to be spending every waking minute of my time on this game when I could be there helping raise her like a father needs to.

This news may come as a surprise to many, and I understand. Lately while playing the game I have been taking it more and more seriously each day. Setting goals for a max and completionist cape down to the date gives the impression to others and myself included that I have this training down to a science and that nothing is going to stand in my way to get them accomplished. Sure, I could if I wanted to, but that would require me to shut out many more important aspects to my life including my health, education, and most of all, my daughter. Up until this point I thought the previous three were possible to maintain along with the current rate at which I play, but I have realized I can't give my full undivided attention to everything by doing so.

This is not me quitting RuneScape for good. I believe it is possible to maintain a balance between playing a game in a healthy manner while maintaining other priorities. This is simply an indication that starting today I am going to try and cut down on my gameplay. Yes, there will be times in which I may have a lot of time to play still, but for the most part, I am going to be very busy soon with other things in life.

My goals for this game haven't changed in the least, only the date at which I will acheive them. From this point on I will no longer set day-by-day goals for myself revolving around this game, nor will I have deadlines on when I want to achieve the capes. Other than all that, I'll cya around every once in a while :)

Trollbomber.png

I played a decent amount this weekend. Managed to finish up all of the mith plates to get 85 smithing, I'll add a pic later.

I also did a few floors, getting me a bit closer to 93 DG.

I have 94 crafting banked, so I should get that this evening. Randomly bought 3k raw rocktails as well, so that'll get me 95 cooking. If I get those done fast enough I may go for 97 cooking tonight so I can do all effigies.

Trollbomber.png

Had some free time today, so managed a few high levels (also 85 smithing from the other day):

Not counting any effigy xp, mining and superheating gold from these levels to 99 mining would put me about 600k from 99 smithing. Going to need to figure out a good way to split up using mining/smithing xp while opening effigies:

110807143018.png

More staves from a friend, another level. Currently 4.7M from 99 crafting. Only 34,246 more staves to make haha:

110808212732.png

Didn't feel like DGing at first, but decided to do a few floors and spent most of my night DGing as a result. Got this, and am currently 634k from 94 with 313k tokens:

110809020305.png

Finally, got this nooby level to top off the night. Did it using rocktails, and was very surprised at how fast decorated cooking urns fill up. Either this or crafting will be my first non cb 99, most likely within the month:

110809030323.png

I don't have many plans for the next two days, so I will probably be playing a bit more than usual. After that I'm leaving for a final vacation this weekend before school starts back up, so I won't be on Thursday - Sunday.

Trollbomber.png

Didn't do much today other than cooking and DGing with a bit of crafting, but got a couple of nice levels.

96 cooking, and have 97 banked atm:

110809185021.png

Also 94 DG. Currently 710k from 95, so I'm hoping I can unlock warped floors tomorrow:

110810023754.png

Also 248k from 95 crafting. Buying ~2.5k staves from friends tomorrow, so I'll get that tomorrow as well.

Trollbomber.png

Didn't get around to DGing enough for warped floors. Oh well.

Got these though. I should come back Sunday/Monday with 4k staves waiting to be made, putting me close to 96.

110811024041.png

Will probably continue to cook when I'm bored seeing as I'm already this close to 99.

110811030306.png

Time for my vacation I've been looking forward too, so I'll be back in a few days.

Trollbomber.png

Back from my vacation.

Got on today to do a few floors and crafted some more staves, but not much other than that.

A week from now I'll be starting school again so my game play will vary more.

Currently 437k from 96 crafting, and 115k from 95 DG. I should be getting both of those tomorrow. Not sure what else I'll accomplish other than that.

Trollbomber.png

Not too much exciting tonight. I did manage to unlock warped floors, so I'm looking forward to the increased xp in DG at least.

Got this as planned:

110815215032.png

As well as this:

110815234958.png

Possibly 99 DG within the week, along with 97 crafting. We'll see.

Trollbomber.png

A couple of DGs tonight as well as this:

110817025908.png

I don't have too much going on in the next 5 days before school starts back up next Monday, so I'm going to DG a lot hopefully. I would like 100 DG by Sunday night, but I need to average out 1M xp/day, so we'll see.

Also in that time I should get 99 cooking, 97 crafting, and 200M overall xp.

Trollbomber.png

Got a few decent levels tonight:

First got this:

110817233644.png

Another 99 out of the way:

110818024321.png

And I got bored so I decided to burn some more logs. I had about 3k yews left over and sold them. I decided all xp from now on will be from the jadinko lair/effigies/adze. Went to the lair for the first time just a bit ago to try it out and was impressed with the fm rate, so I'll definitely be sticking around there.

110818032828.png

Trollbomber.png

Well, to some this may seem like an adrupt ending to my blog and/or Runescape gameplay in general, and others may have seen it coming.

After today's update, I got annoyed at the fact that Jagex is making every last effort to squeeze in monthly membership payments rather than fix the game, so I've decided to call it quits. However, that isn't the main reason of my leaving, that is only the game side. As I mentioned earlier, school starts in less than a week, and I need to be ready to focus all my time on that. Also, there is less than 6 weeks before my baby girl arrives, and I'd ruch mather spend my time raising her than playing this game any longer. Sure, it was kind of hard to quit with all of the goals I had set for myself, my 500k DG tokens still unused (EDIT: spend all the tokens on random chaotics and whatnot haha, why not?), and 92 unopened effigies, but I realized that I don't want to spend all my time on these particular pixels anymore. I'll probably move over to play Xbox or something, but I am done with RS for good.

To my clan, EoE: Thank you for all of the floors and great conversations I had with you all. You're undoubtedly my all time favorite clan I've been in, and although we've had some rocky moments, I still enjoyed my stay.

To my best friend Knifesman101, if you're reading this: We had a long road man and it really was fun. I understand that you may either continue to play or quit as well, but whatever path you choose, best of luck to you :)

This will be my last post on this blog, as it will surely fade into the graveyard over time. Thanks TIF for being a great community. Goodbye.

Trollbomber.png

• 2 months later...

Well, I'm back. My daughter Ellie was born on October 12, 2011 at 6:09 PM weighing 7lbs 12oz, and 20" long. I've gotten used to fatherhood a little more here recently, and it's definitely a lot different than I thought it would be. At least for the time being, she sleeps a lot. My girlfriend, is often catching up on sleep then too, leaving me with not a whole lot to do. I began thinking about playing again, but was very torn on the idea, until I logged in today and realized how much I missed playing.

I decided to go ahead and renew my membership. School is going great for me right now, and I don't think I'll have a problem setting out my priorities. So, I figured I'd go ahead and start this blog back up again. I'll continue to run things the same way I have been in the past, except I'll add picture occasionally of my little girl growing up so you get a look of what the rest of my life is like :)

Here are a few pictures from the hospital when she just got here:

320243_1979202689616_1529613229_31547077_1054629693_n.jpg

312568_10150328555266773_567276772_8327683_2043107040_n.jpg

293939_1979203529637_1529613229_31547081_221054155_n.jpg

She's absolutely adorable and the love of my life. Whenever she's not sleeping, I'll be spending as much time as possible with her. I'll still continue to play Runescape for a while, and next time I "quit" I'll most likely just fade out of the picture rather than let everyone know I'm done, seeing as how well that's worked out hehe.

Time to go to the gym and get a workout in. I'll update some RS stuff a little later. Cheers!

Trollbomber.png