Strung rabbits foot

Nomrombom

How worth it? Very...

All it does it take up your necklace spot and you start getting birds nest. There's no other replaceable option for your neck and you don't really need inventory spot for ivy.

If you're afking, it's not going to matter (you still have to pick up birds nest right?)

I do believe that chopping teak and banking it on ape atoll with the deposit thingy unlocked is better exp per hour.

You won't gain much from birds nests so teak is probably a better idea.

capt%20kevin.png

Afk with only sound effects on. That way you can hear when you stop chopping and nests make a chirping sound when they drop. Problem solved. This goes for any woodcutting.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

I don't have any hard data on it, but I remember reading a while ago (may have been on another forum) that it was something on the order of a 5% increase. Meaning that if you usually get 100 birds nests in X hours, you'll get 105 nests if you wear the rabbits foot.

Well my goal is leveling wc but also getting logs for plank making.

What? I'm not sure where the plank making comes in

However, if you want - you can always wear a rabbits foot - chop teak and bank on ape atoll

Then sell the teaks + spend time earning money and buying the planks (for construction I'm assuming)

Since this is in fact the metagaming forum, the best course of action is to chop/split artic pines, make money via a different method (from your stats - either flipping/dragon slaying) and then use the funds to buy planks

@Above,

The number of nests you get in one hour is so minimal that I doubt that for anything less then 4-5ish hours, you wouldn't even see one increase in nests.

Assuming you're chopping ivy

capt%20kevin.png

I do believe that chopping teak and banking it on ape atoll with the deposit thingy unlocked is better exp per hour.

Is this speculation, or confirmed? When I go back to woodcutting it'll be while reading a book or something, but if banking teaks are faster than ivy I'll definitely consider it. Probably fairly close in AFK-ness....

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

As someone who has tried to afk teaks before, you'll get bad luck streaks where the trees only give you 1-3 logs before dissapearing, for a while. Kind of frustrating if your intention is to afk, Ivy is much simpler if you're wanting to afk WC.

• 1 month later...

Well yeah as others have put it, theres no reason not to wear it, so any calculations would be pointless as it's clearly better than nothing. I do believe it's considerably more than 5% though as i trained 60-75 woodcutting without it with 1 nest, and then 75-81 with it i've had 5 nests. Of course those aren't conclusive at all, but those are my real numbers.

CNqWHdA.jpg

5% of what?

From your numbers, it seems that wc with a strung rabbits foot would make it ~5x as likely.

Not that I dispute this is anyway, but that looks like either

a.) extremely small sample size

b.) a very strange property to give the strung rabbits foot

Your statement that it would be 5x as likely is not true, as there is much more xp between 75-81 then between 60-75

Edit: seem to have misread (And wrote it myself too) I though we were talking about 70-75 and 75-81

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

5% of what?

From your numbers, it seems that wc with a strung rabbits foot would make it ~5x as likely.

Not that I dispute this is anyway, but that looks like either

a.) extremely small sample size

b.) a very strange property to give the strung rabbits foot

Your statement that it would be 5x as likely is not true, as there is much more xp between 75-81 then between 60-75

Have you bothered to actually look up the exp?

Do so then come back rather then making pointless posts.

capt%20kevin.png