Zombie Plans - Revised (Revised)

Guest Rob

Shotguns are kewl. You gotta love the shotgun. :lol:

Particular reason why they aren't good in a Romero Zombie Scenario? Size of ammo, rate of fire, high noise, cliche...?

@Res: I love you so much right now. Slingshots are the ultimate weapon against unarmed and unarmored foes, provided you have room to backpedal while firing.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shotguns actually have a surprising range, nothing like they are in games.

Also

ultimate weapon against unarmed and unarmored foes

>UNARMED

>UNARMORED

OKAY.

Also shotguns would be okay, granted you knew how to use and maintain one. And you had a good supply of ammo.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Also

ultimate weapon against unarmed and unarmored foes

>UNARMED

>UNARMORED

OKAY.

Also shotguns would be okay, granted you knew how to use and maintain one. And you had a good supply of ammo.

Unarmed, in terms of anything that can hit you from farther away than you can hit the wielder. Unarmored, in terms of the stone/bullet/ball-bearing not bouncing off of what it hits. I should've said unintelligent as well, I suppose, because really any human going after you would be better prepared and capable of strategizing. Basically, it's useless except for the Zombie Apocalypse and possibly small game hunting.

For longer range, more power, and something that could actually give you a chance against an intelligent foe, you'd want a firearm or at least a crossbow (unless you're really good with a bow).

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Going by the fact that skeet shooting is a thing they must have less spread than in most videogames, it still stands however that you'll be more accurate with a handgun, smg or rifle.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Going by the fact that skeet shooting is a thing they must have less spread than in most videogames, it still stands however that you'll be more accurate with a handgun, smg or rifle.

Fun fact: Modern slug-firing shotguns have the power and precision of a rifle at over 150 yards. In the hands of the average person, you've got something like a 50/50 chance to hit someone with a pistol at 50 yards. Your beloved P90s have a 50/50 range of 220 yards.

Shotguns really aren't as bad as you think, from a complete lack of experience and evidently little internet browsing on the subject. :thumbup:

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Slugs are rarer to come by though, standard ammunition for a shotgun is the 6- or 8-gauge. I already know to appreciate sniping with slugs due to the semi-auto shotgun in BF:BC2, I kept that in my secondary weapon slot whenever I could, using a FN-2000R or other assault rifle as my primary (I quickly learned never to go around without something with a grenade launcher).

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Slugs are rarer to come by though, standard ammunition for a shotgun is the 6- or 8-gauge. I already know to appreciate sniping with slugs due to the semi-auto shotgun in BF:BC2, I kept that in my secondary weapon slot whenever I could, using a FN-2000R or other assault rifle as my primary (I quickly learned never to go around without something with a grenade launcher).

Not to encourage any video game comparisons... But in BF:BC2 you can't keep a shotgun in a secondary weapon slot. Wut?

It's probably less than common to find a shotgun or any sort of ammo, you shouldn't try to rely on firearms either way.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

In story mode you can carry any two weapons as long as they're not the same, you can even carry two identical assault rifles with different sights or both the slug and buckshot version of the same shotgun. Heck, you can carry the RPG and C4 if you want to only use explosives.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

What you said about defensible churches and locking away corpses holds a problem though, a single zombie could flip a car, same as any human in an adrenaline rush, so you don't need many zombies trying to get through before that door is suddenly smashed far off its hinges.

Wiki:

Epinephrine (also known as adrenaline) is a hormone and a neurotransmitter. It increases heart rate, constricts blood vessels, dilates air passages and participates in the fight-or-flight response of the sympathetic nervous system.

Guide:

What muscle mass a person has in life would be all he possesses in death. Unlike a living body, adrenal glands have not been known to function in the dead, denying zombies the temporary burst of power we humans enjoy.

We can safely assume that Zombies do not have the ability to summon superhuman strength.

Also 'Smashing a Door' requires quite a large amount of dexterity...

I mean, if you imagine a human being's approach to knocking down a door it would either be a shoulder barge or a kick (Nominally at the lock, which requires intelligence and so is discounted)

In the first case a Zombie would be required to 'charge' the door.

Assuming 70 (32 Kilograms) pound zombie, with the 1.7 feet per second max charge, the zombie would Shoulder Barge at 0.52 Meters per second.

So the amount of force the Zombie would be able to bring to bear by a shoulder barge would be 16-17 Newtons(Or whichever unit it is, using the same one throughout so it isn't overly important)...which is pathetic.

A human weighing 70 pounds can charge at 7.7 feet per second, and so can bring 73 Newtons against the door, and still won't instantly open it. (The Average door, apparently, requires around 100 Newtons to be forced open, which decreases as the hinges, lock and door are damaged by successive hits.

True that a Zombie has an incredible degree of stamina, and could hammer away for a long period of time, but 16-17 Kilograms of force isn't enough to throw the Zombie back (a Human ends up getting over double their weight back), so has no reason (remembering they don't have intellect) to throw themselves at the door again...they just press up against it...a far weaker method of trying to open a door.

The alternative, kicking the door is far beyond a Zombie's capability, as I am sure you agree.

Thus, if a Zombie were to try to smash a door down, it would take a long time...if it were at all possible to start with.

During which time the door could be butressed.

And bombing the zombie horde is not an option that would be taken in time due to the threat it was posing compared to the threat the bombs posed to the civilians and when suddenly the zombie threat was massive enough, you'd have to carpet bomb a whole state to have even a remote chance of successful extermination, although nukes would be tried first, and though the massively increased yield would be evident, in the outer ranges the nuke would not kill the zombies, merely irradiate them (and radioactive zombies are worse than regular ones) while it would still make short work of any humans.

Firstly a perimeter would be set up. Zombies would thus be contained, if they broke through said perimeter -aka killing the trained soliders/whatever- then the Generals, Politians and what not would quite easily conclude that the humans inside the city stood no chance.

Though a Zombie has no reason to venture out of the city...Its food is there, the noise is there...The Wilds have no allure, since they aren't intelligent.

Thus a town would need to have been denuded of humans before the Zombies would move on, en mass. You might get the odd pack venturing out...but they can be shot fairly easily by trained soliders and what not.

Ergo, by the time it was decided to bomb a town -When Zombies began leaving the site- the majority of people would be dead, or assumed dead (and depending on the people involved, considered to be Future Zombies so acceptable casualities).

Alternatively the people in charge just decide to bomb the town earlier due to the unknown nature of the condition(Assuming they haven't read the book or know about Zombies from other sources), thus everyone inside was either a Zombie or Doomed.

Thus, bombing the town into oblivon would eliminate most of the Zombie Hoard, allowing armed forces to approach and mop up any stragglers.

(My personal approach would be to bomb the sites where Zombies were congregated, using a helicopter with thermal imaging...True I might get some Civilians...but who would ever know...besides, they are dead if if I don't bomb them anyway.)

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Eating a cat would be like eating a solitary peanut...They don't have alot of meat on them, aren't dreadfully filling and a pain in the neck to cook.

In the words of Monty Python, it can take four hours to cook a cat if it won't hold still.

Dogs are worse...they don't have much meat, and their liver can kill you.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

FLLLLUUUUUUUFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :boohoo: .............................................................................................. :-w Nope, I don't kill cats. It wasn't me.

Hang on..... Cats...... DAMNIT ARCHI!!!!!!!!! I never did figure out who was framing me for killing cats in Space!

"This is the Iquinox, you are being boarded....."

"This is Peri, IMA FRY YO ASS WITH MY MIND"

RIP Dawngate ;-;