Zombie Plans - Revised (Revised)

Guest Rob

The other thread is dead, so I figured I'd make a new one, and hopefully this one will survive a bit better than our last one.

What are YOUR plans for the inevitable* zombie outbreak? Do you plan to hold up in a bunker somewhere, or run for the hills?

*And by inevitable I mean COMPLETELY evitable.

Rules:

This is for fun. Don't actually go flaming people because you don't like their ideas.

You can assume it will be any type of zombie outbreak (Referring to the type of zombies). I'd personally suggest using the Romero type zombie (Slow, not intelligent), as that's what the survivable guide is based on, so you can go based off of less assumptions.

Don't bother posting telling us a zombie outbreak won't occur. I think this is obvious to everyone, and this thread is only for fun.

Have fun, and let's kill us some zombies. :thumbup:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure I'm living in a very wide open area, with my little tent. So if a zombie horde ever decides to come at me. I'll kite them around the giant plain or w/e, and lead them to their doom to presetup booby traps made to deal with extreme numbers. >:3

EDIT: Said booby trap would be other survivors, we all man heavy machine guns and just mow them down, if they malfunction or something. We'll have back up set a couple hundred yards at another point. etc...

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

I'd be sitting on my little hill with my awesome castle, with lava flowing down the sides and underneath.. oh wait this isn't minecraft :P

Hmm I would stick with fire, a machine gun, and a shotgun. In a kind of urban environment - maybe one of those deserted cities they have in China that were described in a thread a while ago.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

To be honest, taking a medieval approach to how you live (with others of course) would probably be the best idea. Castle, have some land around it for farming, have a giant mote going around that land. If the zombies learned how to swim, everyone hole up in the castle with all the reserved that are stocked up.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Pretty sure that most places had moats going around the castle, not everything. Would be too hard to defend. :thumbup:

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Pretty sure that most places had moats going around the castle, not everything. Would be too hard to defend. :thumbup:

Hard to defend against enemies that can think. But zombies, no problem :)

Lqt9R.png

Hard to defend against enemies that can think. But zombies, no problem :)

Dig out a moat from a moving body of water that would drain into another body of water if possible. Still water over a long period of time would get nasty, and the current would make any zombies that fall in just drift away.

Based off of a random Zombie Apopcolipse dream I had (a year after watching Shaun of the Dead):

Get my three siblings, have my sister videotape me kickin Zombie butt all the way to the safe point. Then enter a coma while the officials take care of the Zombies and wake up when its over.

Visit FPSRussia.

Damnit Killer that was my plan!

Lynx get a spellchecker. (JK :P)

I'd probably try to hole up in my school with my melee weapons, along with my nearby friends. Try and get a hold of slingshots, crossbows, spears, and other such things. Unless of course we're making sense here and the zombies are deaf.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

If we were really going to go with sense then the zombies would only be reanimated for a day tops, after that the lactic acid built up by having no supply of oxygen would cause the muscles to decompose far more rapidly than usual, that is assuming there was enough Adenosine-tri-Phosphate in them to supply them for that long. Sure, oxygen from breathing isn't really that important, but there's no way the tissue could handle the lactic acid the lack of oxygen causes. And without the blood flow there's no nutrients being brought to the cells so they can turn the Adenosine-di-Phosphate back into Adenosine-tri-Phosphate, which means it is practically the equivalent of trying to run a car on the gasoline fumes left in the pistons.

Also if we're going to try to use sense, then the cure would be something as simple as a weak flash-eating bacteria that our immune system can handle. Since the zombies have no blood flow, they don't have an immune system either, so there the bacteria would have a feast.

Another thing to note is that after a day, or just a few hours in the sun, the zombies would start to sell strongly of rotten eggs due to the methane being released as they decompose, so not only would they be unable to make out any other smell, but any large horde would stink so bad that you'd know where they were hours before they found you.

So yeah, it's safe to assume we won't be making sense.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

^ pretty sure the idea of a zombie apocalypse inherently doesn't make sense.

Yeah. The point of the thread isn't to make some plan based on an outbreak that would fail within a week, as that would be quite boring.

From where I live, I'd have to steal a car, preferably a truck. I would then go loot the local grocery store for food and anything I could find in the pharmacy that would be useful (Painkillers, bandages and disinfectant, etc.). Once I had that, and a full tank of gas, I would make my way to lake of the woods, a large lake in Western Ontario with thousands of islands, steal a boat, load the supplies on and try and find a suitable island to live on. Until I could set up a food supply, I would have to rely on raiding other islands and possibly towns on land for food. Assuming zombies can't swim, the island would be zombie proof, and the only risky parts of the plan would be getting to the lake and raiding for supplies. Somewhere along the line I would need to find a gun, which is a lot harder than it sounds in Canada.

If we were really going to go with sense then the zombies would only be reanimated for a day tops, after that the lactic acid built up by having no supply of oxygen would cause the muscles to decompose far more rapidly than usual, that is assuming there was enough Adenosine-tri-Phosphate in them to supply them for that long. Sure, oxygen from breathing isn't really that important, but there's no way the tissue could handle the lactic acid the lack of oxygen causes. And without the blood flow there's no nutrients being brought to the cells so they can turn the Adenosine-di-Phosphate back into Adenosine-tri-Phosphate, which means it is practically the equivalent of trying to run a car on the gasoline fumes left in the pistons.

Also if we're going to try to use sense, then the cure would be something as simple as a weak flash-eating bacteria that our immune system can handle. Since the zombies have no blood flow, they don't have an immune system either, so there the bacteria would have a feast.

Another thing to note is that after a day, or just a few hours in the sun, the zombies would start to sell strongly of rotten eggs due to the methane being released as they decompose, so not only would they be unable to make out any other smell, but any large horde would stink so bad that you'd know where they were hours before they found you.

So yeah, it's safe to assume we won't be making sense.

If there was some sort of pathogen that could actually reanimate flesh, you'd think that it could also circumvent the minor problems of respiration (both external and cellular).

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Theoretically the flesh is never dead, flesh isn't dead until it's begun decomposing. The brain however is dead and the virus forms an organism within the cranium and assumes control of the nervous system, thus also the muscles.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Nex, I don't need no stinking spell check. I just need a bigger touch keyboard on my iPod.

Mather, you kinda just killed the topic for me <_<

Zombie Apopcolipse for the world!

APOCALYPSE.

IPods HAVE a spellcheck.

Grammar Naziism aside, don't Canadian mounties have AK47s? And tanks?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I will disguise myself as a zombeh (DON'T SAY THE ZED WORD) and act like one! >:0 Such a plan could never fail!

Lqt9R.png

I just realized I have an epic zombie fighting weapon in my room; by cannibalizing my curtain rod I have a steel or aluminum quarterstaff with a heavy ring-shaped head of milled steel. Also in my garage I have somewhat blunt spike-shaped curtain rod-end that I can attach to the bottom.

EDIT: After a few seconds of modification it now has two of those ring-shaped heads.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1