Teutonic Crusader's Diyer Thread

Next DIY Guide in 2 weeks or so  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which topic do you want the next DIY guide to be over?

• Mining iron ore (15-99 mining)
    • Pickpocketing master farmers (38-45 theiving)
    • Hunting Black salamanders (67-75 hunting)

Hey all, my name is Teutonic Crusader! I'm starting this thread to keep track of my diyer.

You can talk to me on the friend chat "Super Diyer"; whenever I'm on, I'm there.

What is a diyer? Well, essentially it means do it yourself; so a diyer does everything himself or herself.

Some of my restrictions:

[hide]

No Grand Exchange

No Trade*

No Minigames*

No D&Ds*

No picking up other peoples drops

No picking up drops from shared kills

No quest guides

* Means there is exceptions

[/hide]

why make a diyer?:

[hide]

Since my ultimate goal is to get completionist cape as a diyer, I made a few exceptions to the rules I made for myself, which I will lay out below:

Why make a diyer? I find the game is much more fun as diy, since instead of camping a single place for gpz, you go out and explore runescape to get what you need. Yes I have a main with more stuff and skills, but I think the point of a game is to have fun ^^. Theres only so much you can do on a normal main before it gets boring as sht, but a diyer stays fun a lot longer I think.

[/hide]

Note: I edit my posts, so look back to check if the last post I made was updated ^^

Current goals:

-77 mining for lrc

--skull staves for mining clay for urns

-43 prayer for mm

--quests that give pray xp

--maybe more big bones

-43 rc for nature runes

--rc xp quests

other:

[hide]

*Exceptions and other info:

I was inspired by Super Diyer, QFC 48-49-397-62869663 on the RS forumns. Also I'd like to thank itam here for all the tips hes given me :)

DIY Clan: Super Diyers

QFC: 93-94-16-62985327

No Trade:

- I need to trade twice to unlock shield of arrav and heroes quest.

No Minigames:

- For completionist cape, you need to unlock all spells. Therefore, I allow mage training arena and mage arena, but only to unlock the spells. Also, any extra items I get from these activities I drop.

- Also, I need to do Barbarian Assault, Conquest, Mobilising armies, and Castle Wars for the trimmed cape; however, I won't spend any of the points I get from these games.

-Shades of Mort'ton: I will only do this as far as is needed for the quest. As for vyres and shades, I wont take the corpses or burn them at all ACCEPT for the one time for legacy of seergaze (at least I think its seergaze, its one of those quests in the myresque series). Also may need to use for 2 fancy cloths for splitbark helm for clues.

-Barrows: Yes, I do this. Same reason as tt, takes too much out of game to not do it.

-Castle Wars/Clan Wars/Duel arena: Yes, I do these; however I dont abuse for free combat xp lol... it would be slow anyways so no point really.

-Tzhaar fight caves: Do you have to ask? yes I do this...

-Fishing Trawler: Doing twice; once for ardy task where I just left after going on boat, and again for a elite ardy task of fishing raw manta ray or something. Drop rewards.

-Rat Pits: I think I need to do this for quest; I drop rewards.

No D&Ds:

-Penguins: Yes, I needed to spend 1 penguin point for ardy easy tasks, but I spent it on gp and dropped the said gp.

-TT, effigies, and Court Cases: Since these are mosnter drops, I do them. Also, doing diy w/out tts would be sorta dumb lol.

-Circus: I won't do Circus until I've maxed all my skills, and yes I need for trimmed cape.

-Dahmarock Statues: I will only complete this twice; once for the kudos and again for my house.

-Champions Challenge: Yes, for trimmed cape.

Other:

-Randoms: I do randoms, only because I don't want to restart another diyer...

-Clans: No, I dont do skilling in citadel.

[/hide]

Yes, sry I just made it like 5 minutes ago ^^ gonig to add to it ofc. Looks like theres unlimited char count for posts so I can put in my logs all into one post and no need for reserves. And I dont think I copy pasted from rsof.... just have qfcs for some other threads there.

Sorry, Im new to this forumn as you can probably tell, itam convinced me to move heree

Skills at the time of making this thread:

skillsv.png

and right now I'm getting cow hides so I can kill unicows for herb 10, lol, yes very nooby compared to itams stuff

pic2zx.png

woot a cowhide drop! lol

Oh my gosh, another DIY thread. I almost smiled for a second.

Love DIY threads. A DIYer with level 50 in every stat is more interesting than a max-stat blogger.

Ty for your support!

Also, just got new black med helm while doing digsite quest!

pic7s.png

going to go clean some finds now for kudos then get varrock armour...

woot got clean necklace in 20 minutes, took me 5 hours last time lol!@

picuj.png

...and finished varrock tasks!!!!

picn.png

As for Shattered Hearts, the Dahmaroc statue, you need to complete it once a week until you gain all the parts for the one in your house, there are 30 parts I believe. So you're going to have to do it that many times.

Anyway, I love DIYers, they're awesome. Good luck.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

As for Shattered Hearts, the Dahmaroc statue, you need to complete it once a week until you gain all the parts for the one in your house, there are 30 parts I believe. So you're going to have to do it that many times.

Anyway, I love DIYers, they're awesome. Good luck.

Thanks for the tip, I've just read about shattered hearts after the first completion, never actually done it on any of my accounts.. too lazy :/ lol

Also, just got lumby ring (2) for extra water runes im crafting...

picture1ur.png

woot finally rced all runes for 43+ magic... gonna do curse on npcs so I dont gain hp levels; keeping cb low as possible for dunge. ALso, all the gp is from tasks since i dont got alchs yet ^^ :

screenshot20110714at120.png

after using all that im only 40 mage, but still a big improvement:

screenshot20110714at250.png

gonna look up some quests for mage xp (ty dave for tip!)

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/7866/picds.pngHi guys, just got construction up for cold war... wanted peng agil course; spent 100k of my gps on construction D: but here is the results:

picture1yeb.png

next up, hunter!

...okie, after several hours of no liffing polar kebbits I got this:

picjz.png

the reason they cost so much? because they make artic bear pouches at around 70 summoning (me 4 atm :/)! these gives great summoning xp/gold charm and provide +7 hunter boost sueful at chins/grens... lol am I the only person who thinks 70 levels ahead?

12:21 am

Finished hunting for about 8 hours straight... still havent reached 53 but I got close.

My spoils? :)

picuq.png

what do these translate to u may ask? well the grahk ofc goes to grahk pouches=nats, the swamp lizards = sawmp titans, the bird meat = terrorbirds, and the big bones +ecto=pray xp... I will only need like 500 bbones for prot melee as longn as I do pray quests ;)

and ofc my level up so far:

picswd.png

10:21 am

okay, im back on, and while I was hunting graahks I came across imps near ardy monastery and got some beads for quest as drop!

here is my reward for the quest:

picds.png

Okay, finally finished graahks, spent about 5hours total there lol.

first off my total loots from just graahk this time:

picjk.png

and ofc my level up! Woot never touching hunter for a while now!

picuq.png

Well guys, I couldnt get a mahogony for cold war quest, but still got acces to the agil course anyways ^^. Also, since I was wcing a little, I decided to get crafting for rabbit foot necklace:

picdi.png

woot bird nests = brews!

july 17 6:56 pm

Decided to go the full nine yards with crafting, and got to my goal of 43!! Why 43 u may ask? because now I can craft yakhides!!! just about the best xp per day in the game for low levels: 30k crafting xp, 1k alchs, and 250k gp (alot for diyers!). All I need to do now to unlock it is to do freemy isles and start trials... raw shark needed tho :P

picpo.png

Also, along with the crafrting level, I got a ton of urns :D

picfi.png

I made a lot of fish urns cuz ima fish soon :/ running outa foods

july 18 12:06 am

finally got agil up to 48, woot ape atoll course! now ima get pray up for mm and then use aura for 48-52 agil @ atoll..

pichq.png

july 18 3:46 pm

*WARNING SPOILER ALERT* Shilo Village quest *WARNINING SPOILER ALERT*

DONT CLICK SHOW UNLESS YOU DONT MIND SPOILERS FOR THIS QUEST!

[hide]

EDIT: Added show/hide functionality for quest things.

okay guys this is my first quest adventure thingy like in the poll but im doing post quest instead of midquest so I hope its not too bad lol

so first off I got the wampum belt and went to ra ta whatever temple thingy, and since I done this quest about 3 times before I knew exactly where to get all the items and stuff... kept getting comboed for 40-50s tho lol. O and btw im doing this quest cuz im only got like 30 salmon left total and 1 trout :/ XD . okie so then I took items to whats-his-face-jungle-potion-dude (WHFJPD) and got him to cough up all the secrets about the items n got bone shard. Then without skiping a beat I used fairy rings to get to bel-whatevers tomb place to get more items and took thsoe to WHFJPD again lol and then stocked up for some fites and headed to big boss queen's (BBQ - as in about to be roasted :P) lair. but to my astonishement I needed some bones to enter D: ! sooo after failing killing a zombie and getting poisoned I deviced a clever trick to safe spot just skele near the tomb :

picflc.png

and a bit of payback for stupid zombie:

pic2x.png

ok so after getting 3 bones from those stupid skele dudes I entered BBQ's chamber and...

pic3wl.png

killed BBQ not 1, not 2 but 3 total times :/ with poor mans range gear I mite add (studded full n sling)

then I collected the corpse and used on bev-whatevers tomb to seal off BBQ's evil side or whatever it was to happily save a village of.. what 10 pixel people? I feel so accomplished (sarcasm). Cant wait til I get to saving all of runescape :(

pic4zr.png

*END OF SPOILERS* Shilo Village quest *END OF SPOILERS*[/hide]

hey guys just sold some shilo village quest items to artifacts dude and got free 1k! heres pic:

picdl.png

and now...

gonefishing.jpg

okay never mind, fishing interupted with smithing for dunge ^^ and ofc MITH HATCCHET WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT~!

picgd.png

Okay some first max hits coming in... currently krat 2h + weak pot gave me this awesome hit:

picap.png

o and I got this cool new title:

picto.png

and um I needed some fletching and runecrafting levels for this beast I found, like twice my fking level on a small dungeon...

picck.png

Fantastic job so far, I'd love to make a DIY.

I have a long-time friend, Thee Ace- (assuming I have the right definition of DIY- meaning... do it yourself,

no ge/trading allowed)

He believes only in DIY. Any skill/item buying funds botting and RWT.

I respect your goals, and your agenda, and I hope you have a lot of fun with the account. :)

I'd love to start one, but I've accomplished way too much on Kevill to make a different account.

I just have one question..

Your first DIY got unjustly banned/stat reset because you didn't do randoms?

Or?

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic job so far, I'd love to make a DIY.

I have a long-time friend, Thee Ace- (assuming I have the right definition of DIY- meaning... do it yourself,

no ge/trading allowed)

He believes only in DIY. Any skill/item buying funds botting and RWT.

I respect your goals, and your agenda, and I hope you have a lot of fun with the account. :)

I'd love to start one, but I've accomplished way too much on Kevill to make a different account.

I just have one question..

Your first DIY got unjustly banned/stat reset because you didn't do randoms?

Or?

Nah lol I just did a random without thinking and got the reward once and then I was like omg Im not going to restart *again* klol....

The reason I quit the original diyer was because I didn't want all the free xp from minigames and D&D's... I was getting like 50 herblore levels and rc levels from just pengs, was kinda ridiculous and felt cheating.

and now im finally back after about a week break... spent this entire week doing bum bum bumn agil!!

so after doing barb a few hours to get 52, I started at agil course. Died like 10 times lol and im at german world btw so everythings in german, and here are some pics:

picoy.png

...must resist picking up huge tuna stack from pk'ed person lol

me nearly dead (this happened a lot >_<):

pic2qj.png

and finally, 70 agil!!! woo time to do mm for ape atol course :) (yes I do realize this is in german lol)

pic3i.png