Useful Familiars/Slaying Familiar.

Cheat

I plan on getting 99 mage at rock lobsters soon and have made a topic about this previously so not particularly looking for advice here. By my calculations the charms won't quite get me 96 summoning for a pack yak but will hopefully get me around 90. My question is what familiar should be my staple while slaying to max my combats. I have soul split and will have access to the EEE so (and I might be wrong haven't slayed much with SS yet) I don't think I will need a Bunyip or Unicorns healing ability. So my question is what familiar should I be using on the majority of the tasks to help me out?

Also a quick side note/small question: Does the forge regents special attack have the chance to unequip the flag from the flag carrier in CWars?

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

Single combat: Bunyip just because unless you're at dragons then you can choose to either bring a tort and bank them or not it depends on if you need money. I prefer to just not bank them because I'm lazy and like faster tasks. I don't really use anything tbh.

Multi-combat: Geyser titan.

You don't really need the healing provided by a bunyip or a unicorn.

A Spirit Dag probably won't be as helpful as a Fire Titan at Dags as far as I know.

Iirc, rock lobsters have pretty good range + melee defense but bad magic defense (which is in part why bursting works so well).

Fire titans also use magic which may make it more helpful.

Whats your summoning at now?

capt%20kevin.png

At 90 summoning there is no reason to use a fire giant over a geyser titan. If he's in multi he'll probably be praying so there's need to sacrifice the best fighting familiar he has for that small hp boost.

I agree with the above in this case since Geyser outhits the Fire Giant on Daggs even with the magic Sat style due to the higher accuracy, dps, and scroll ability.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

OK, thanks for the help looks like it'll be a geyser titan most of the time then.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

Since the scrolls are only 239 gp ea, use Boil Scrolls as well.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Pack yak for long tasks where you need extra p pots or you want to bank drops like d bones/infernal ashes. On a task where you need healing, unicorn. On any task that's in multi, steel titan > iron titan > geyser titan for extra dps

Bbk.png

He isn't high enough for Yak and he already stated he has SS and EEE, which is plenty healing. Uni is useless for him in Slayer.

azeem1992.png

I was just stating the 3 familiars I use on slayer, If you are on a task where you don't need a bob or combat familiar, unicorn + ss with claws will make your task go faster than no familiar + ee + ss. And if you don't have the summon level for yak, use the next best bob you can use obviously. I was posting a quick reply to try and help, didn't think I'd be complained at for not going into exact specifics <_<

Bbk.png

The summon monster i use is bunyip for most task where i wont be required to bank or require extra p pot for turm. I rarely use use unicorn for slaying.

Yak for task where u need extra p pots and/or banking (steel dragon/dks)

steel titan for multi combat area (spirit mages)

wolp for mage boost at ice stry task

Combat familiars go as steel titan > iron titan > wolpertinger > geyser titan > spirit dagganoth pretty much. The first three have good scrolls as well (wolper only if using magic and not overloading of course).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted