Have you met my friend, Ankou?

ssj5gogetamp

Hello, I am extremely incredibly very very new to these boards. This is my first topic (as well as my first post). (Sorry if this is the wrong area) I have been playing runescape for close to a decade on and off mostly p2p. I have long since retired to f2p because i can no longer justify trading real world currency to validate my under-achieving, lonely, life with virtual accomplishments...I have been training quite relentlessly on Ankou's for a number of reasons. They have a moderately high life pool with low max hit. They drop well for f2p and fighting on the 4th floor of SoS makes me feel tough =D i was originally using full rune with scimmy, purple gloves (to mock them), SoS boots regular cape. I'm eating swordfish as i believe them to be the best f2p food (selling and buying noted swordfish to the general store in edgeville to un-note them makes me grimace in pain at the lost income but my bank is hopelessly full). I have switched to a rune chain because i have been informed their attack style is crush. My primary dilemma is of which F2P weapon to utilize. It seems Ankou's are weak to stab so i have replaced the scimmy with a rune short sword but the loss in attack speed is questionably worth it. I'm also considering a rune longsword for the str bonus. I'm currently training str, my combat stats are, 80 att, 88 str, 80 def, 84 const.

I got my str from 80-88 so far here and plan on going to 90. then begin training att to 90.

Any and all criticisms, suggestions, advice, or comments would be greatly appreciated

use a rune scimmy.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Use a rune scimmy. If you want the highest healing food, then try getting some anchovy pizzas. Also get a hamper which is rewarded for doing the Lumbridge diaries. You get a good amount of food in one slot.

j0xPu5R.png

Thank you for the help and advice. Sorry about posting this topic in the wrong area. Thank you for the heads up about the hamper, I had done all the lumbridge tasks, the 100 water runes took a while but now I have to knock out those 5 new ones they recently(?) added. As for the order of skills im leveling? str>>Att>>Def? after I get them all to 90 I'll purchase p2p again for the higher levels.

As an alternative, you could train dg and get a gravite weapon. :grin:

Hi if you're reading this you are amazing and I love you.

Maybe they'll release a bugless update for April Fools. That'd sure be a joke

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]Congrats, you reached the end!

Now go outside![/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

Next time you get P2P, leave a cooked swordfish (and any other F2P item you think you'll need) in your bank as a placeholder before you return to F2P so you won't have to sell/buy back noted ones. As long as you have at least one in the bank, you can deposit and withdraw more.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

• 2 weeks later...

Gravite 2h > Gravite rapier > Rune scimitar > Everything else

That goes for pretty much every creature in f2p, there is no variety unfortuantely.

2h vs rapier may be debatable but 2h is incredibly accurate and has a similar if not superior DPS to the rapier against 1 defense. So against ankous, one of the highest defense f2p creatures, i can't see how gravite 2h could fail.

(Gravite weaponry costs 1 million coins to recharge every 10 hours of combat, so it may not be profitable.)

CNqWHdA.jpg

Gravite 2h will only train strength.

If you want to really boost your xp/hr, look into prayer flashing: have 15% attack and strength set as your quick prayers and and activate them right before you hit (deactivate right after). Done well, you should get the full bonus without using any prayer.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Gravite 2h will only train strength.

If you want to really boost your xp/hr, look into prayer flashing: have 15% attack and strength set as your quick prayers and and activate them right before you hit (deactivate right after). Done well, you should get the full bonus without using any prayer.

Ahh yes how silly of me, i've only ever had one on a pure so i didn't even consider training anything else. Rapier would be the best all around weapon then, if you can afford the recharges.

As for prayer flashing, that's far too concentration draining for general training for me personally, and if you do make mistakes, which you will, you don't have access to prayer potions to recharge it so it could be an annoying walk to the altar.

CNqWHdA.jpg