Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Would it be wrong to turn into Diy'ing now?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Runar
[ Display Name History ]

Runar

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Mewstick
Posted Image

Would it be wrong to turn into a DIY'er now? I've used the G.E as you can see, to buy 60 cook and smith, but I haven't used it for much more than that... I got like 400k from a friend in my bank, but if it wouldn't be wrong, I could give all my stuff away, except for like 1k iron ores and 120 gold ores I've mined myself in the last few days.

A simple NO would help me, no need to get all emotional for me asking if it would be wrong if I went over to DIYIng now, since I've.. pretty much broken any rule a DIYer can break D:

TRUE DIS.

i'm 12,000 years old and what is this

bonzeben23
[ Display Name History ]

bonzeben23

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Bonzeben23
NO.
Account created on Weds, December 21st, 2005
99 cooking on December 12th, 2010. 99 Agility on September 30th, 2011. 99 Fletching on August 17th, 2012. 99 Prayer on March 22nd, 2016. 99 Farming on April 4th, 2016.

Runar
[ Display Name History ]

Runar

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 14 posts

NO.

>.>

TRUE DIS.

rangers5000
[ Display Name History ]

rangers5000

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 131 posts
DIYer means training construction??

barbwireboy3
[ Display Name History ]

barbwireboy3

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 580 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired

No, a DIYer is someone who does everything themselves. Which means no ge, no trading ( except heroes + shield of arrav), no teams, no pking, duelling etc.
Also, depending on their rules, they may or may not do minigames which cannot be done solo.

So for example, if they want bandos, they solo bandos till they get it.
If they want whip, they wait till 85 slayer and get it as a drop.

TenseMurmur.gif

ashozzy
[ Display Name History ]

ashozzy

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 8 posts
Its a style of playing, no one is going to shoot you if you dont start an account from scratch and DIY it from there. Just do what you want to do

Runar
[ Display Name History ]

Runar

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 14 posts
Yeah but I've used the G.E and stuff. :(
I'll just give all my stuff to a friend later, or to some random, then start over. :)

TRUE DIS.

Aslan
[ Display Name History ]

Aslan

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,483 posts
It's your account, your playing time.Just do what you like.

Gilformen
[ Display Name History ]

Gilformen

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 848 posts
  • RSN:Vilya
  • RSN '07:Vilya
  • Clan:nah
the gods of diy will smite you.

personally, i wouldnt want all the previous trades showing at ge on a diy acc. but thats me.

Posted Image
32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming
14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

jijilentosmi
[ Display Name History ]

jijilentosmi

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Jijilentosmi
  • RSN2:the f2p jiji
You don't have to be a full-fledge DIY-er either, you can just tend to do things for yourself. In other words, play the game, doing what you want.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Quyneax
[ Display Name History ]

Quyneax

Aes Sedai

• Members
  • 11,297 posts
  • RSN:Mierin
It's not wrong. Whether it's fun is up to you.
Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions
99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)
99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)
99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)
99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)
99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)
Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring
Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace
30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Troacctid
[ Display Name History ]

Troacctid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,419 posts
  • RSN:Troacctid
  • Clan:The Farming Guild
DIY is a thing you do, not a thing you are. Going to the GE once does not mean you can never DIY anything ever again. If you're gonna do it, do it.

transcript80
[ Display Name History ]

transcript80

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,895 posts
  • RSN:transcript80
  • Clan:Assist CC
Why do people want other people's opinions about whether their play style is right or wrong.

Have fun while playing the game. Or don't. Doesn't matter either way, it's all up to you!

As an answer to your question, sure you can.

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

jasignhagj
[ Display Name History ]

jasignhagj

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,183 posts
No, I wouldn't consider it a legit diy'er. Really it's up to you, but if you're going to go DIY you might as well do it legit from the start.

Sir_Squab
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Squab

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,903 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Sir Squab

No, a DIYer is someone who does everything themselves. Which means no ge, no trading ( except heroes + shield of arrav), no teams, no pking, duelling etc.
Also, depending on their rules, they may or may not do minigames which cannot be done solo.

So for example, if they want bandos, they solo bandos till they get it.
If they want whip, they wait till 85 slayer and get it as a drop.

No staked dueling*

Sorry, had to throw that in there. They do clue scrolls, yes? Clue scrolls occasionally require use of the duel arena, yes?

Anyways, personally I think it'd be better to just make a new account to DIY but it's up to you. If you get to a respectable level DIY-ing from now on, it will still probably look pretty impressive.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers
I'd say ignore the skeptics. If going DIY at this point is how you want to do it, and will have fun doing so, then go for it. :thumbup: RS is a game, after all. Far too many people are worried about doing things the "right" way and forget to enjoy themselves.

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users