It's Super Effective!

...how the hell is it working

Quagsire shuts down anything that tries to set up on it. After a few curses, it can't be killed from the physical side, and it only fears Kyogre from the special side. Gastrodon is immune to any attack from Kyogre except hp grass, which is extremely rare in the 5th gen ubers metagame. Gastro has icebeam to rape the ever prominent dragon-types in ubers, and it has scald to shut down physical sweepers.

So how do you deal with Mewtwo and Kyogre

Also Palkia.

I have a (timid scarfed) Shaymin-S that can outspeed both of them. My Gastrodon can take Spacial Rends (does around 45%). Kyogre is simple. I can try to bait it into Thunder or Waterspout (both of which Gastrodon are unaffected by). A Calm Mind variant are shut down by Quagsire's Unaware ability.

Quagsire takes about 30-37% from Aura Sphere (even less from Ice Beam and Flame Thrower), and since Psyshock is physical, Quagsire shrugs them off after a Curse or two.

...how the hell is it working

Quagsire shuts down anything that tries to set up on it. After a few curses, it can't be killed from the physical side, and it only fears Kyogre from the special side. Gastrodon is immune to any attack from Kyogre except hp grass, which is extremely rare in the 5th gen ubers metagame. Gastro has icebeam to rape the ever prominent dragon-types in ubers, and it has scald to shut down physical sweepers.

So how do you deal with Mewtwo and Kyogre

Also Palkia.

I have a (timid scarfed) Shaymin-S that can outspeed both of them. My Gastrodon can take Spacial Rends (does around 45%). Kyogre is simple. I can try to bait it into Thunder or Waterspout (both of which Gastrodon are unaffected by). A Calm Mind variant are shut down by Quagsire's Unaware ability.

Quagsire takes about 30-37% from Aura Sphere (even less from Ice Beam and Flame Thrower), and since Psyshock is physical, Quagsire shrugs them off after a Curse or two.

Sounds like a plan, but I'm still curious on what you actually do to deal with Palkia/Kyogre since neither Quagsire nor Gastrodon can really hurt them.

I assume the point is that they can't really hurt him either. The Quagsire, at least, can set up, and Gastrodon does whatever it is Gastrodon can do... Probably picking up a free sp.A boost off of a water attack and throwing poison around, if Smogon is anything to go by.

I assume the point is that they can't really hurt him either. The Quagsire, at least, can set up, and Gastrodon does whatever it is Gastrodon can do... Probably picking up a free sp.A boost off of a water attack and throwing poison around, if Smogon is anything to go by.

I make all of my own sets, but yes. Gastrodon has toxic, and Quagsire can 2HKO anything once it get's +6 attack. Getting +6 is really easy if the opponent has an Arceus (which a lot of people run). They keep Swords Dancing without realizing that Quagsire has unaware. Once they realize that their +6 Life Orbed Extreme Speed does 14%, it is too late.

A quagsire v palkia matchup is a loss for quagsire, though, even in spacial rend can only 3HKO. and i doubt a choice specs kyogre is gonna stay in on gastrodon after it gets caught using spout or thunder, although this instance does let you spread poison, which is useful depending on your team.

idk it seems youre relying a lot on the fact that your opponents are unfamiliar dealing with the two, which is probably why im having such a hard time understanding the success, because im so OU-minded, lol. still i guess just watch out when you get to the higher tier players because they are going to know the little tricks these two pokemon have.

I'm so lost here ;-;

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Quagsire is also really cute

It's pretty much a blue smiley face that wants to hug things. There is nothing wrong with that at all.

376155_215895055157476_169724943107821_457013_1529785293_n.jpg

Wat

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

fig,white,mens,ffffff.jpg

Seriously considering.

doitdoitdoitdoit

Came back, pummeled his ass twice. I know he only heals once but he is a pathetic joke.

icwutudidther

Came back, pummeled his ass twice. I know he only heals once but he is a pathetic joke.

icwutudidther

I don't get it.

Pathetic.png