Solo Dung: Small vs Medium

super371

I'm fairly sure (much like teams) best xp rates is small c1 rush most of the floors. Then do c6 meds for the last 10 or so (the floors where teams would be doing c6 large)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I've always found meds more important for larges than small, so I say do meds.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Here is my experience, If you are looking to get into dungeoneering with a team, do the mediums as fast as possible for every floor above 30 and rush every floor up to 30. Then Once you've gotten those down and can get decent times on all those floors, like under 30 minutes consistently, then go and key larges with a group of friends and watch the xp rake in.

If you don't eventually want to dungeon with a team or lots of other people, then do smalls and rush them all until you get to about level 80, then start doing whatever the heck you want because you'll have a rapier outside of dg pretty soon after that anyway, and the xp you get from dg will bore you anyway because its so small. :thumbsup:

And I do believe that as a whole mediums give "faster" xp if you can do them well enough and fast enough. Otherwise if you suck at keying, stick to smalls, and teams with good keyers.

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

Here is my experience, If you are looking to get into dungeoneering with a team, do the mediums as fast as possible for every floor above 30 and rush every floor up to 30. Then Once you've gotten those down and can get decent times on all those floors, like under 30 minutes consistently, then go and key larges with a group of friends and watch the xp rake in.

If you don't eventually want to dungeon with a team or lots of other people, then do smalls and rush them all until you get to about level 80, then start doing whatever the heck you want because you'll have a rapier outside of dg pretty soon after that anyway, and the xp you get from dg will bore you anyway because its so small. :thumbsup:

And I do believe that as a whole mediums give "faster" xp if you can do them well enough and fast enough. Otherwise if you suck at keying, stick to smalls, and teams with good keyers.

I just want to say that 30 minute mediums is pretty bad, although it may depend on OP's levels. I usually average around 20 minute mediums and i have pretty bad binds and I usually clear every none dead end room, so if he treats mediums as he would larges he should do them in less than 20.

I just want to say that 30 minute mediums is pretty bad, although it may depend on OP's levels. I usually average around 20 minute mediums and i have pretty bad binds and I usually clear every none dead end room, so if he treats mediums as he would larges he should do them in less than 20.

Yeah, I'd say 30 min is too high for time. I average around 10-15 min on occults and 9-13 min on abd2, even with some mistakes.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Yeah, I'd say 30 min is too high for time. I average around 10-15 min on occults and 9-13 min on abd2, even with some mistakes.

30 minutes is horrible, yes. What I said was consistently though, meaning if he gets over 30 minutes on a floor he needs still more practice. I wasn't meaning as soon as he gets one 30+ floor under 30 minutes he should join dgs... :smile: Sorry if that was unclear, but yes, pker's times are realistic and more easily met, while rage's might be a bit of a challenge for some, and probably the OP. given i don't know the OPers stats I can't really say which he should aim for, so I gave him the easiest.

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

Ideally, he would try to challenge himself by aiming for sub 15 meds, or at least consistent sub 20s, rather than just 30 mins.

Surely it is better to aim for sub 30s.

Then once that is achieved work for sub 20s

Then try and push to sub 15s

After all it is easier to achieve if you feel you are meeting goals.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Meds should be 7-15 minutes long. And 15 is a horrible floor.

If you map prioritize to do small paths first you should do meds a lot faster than otherwise. And be smart about where you place your gate + gt.

I wrote some guide about how you should prioritize and gate in large dngs which perhaps will help.

If you're interested it is here:

http://postimage.org/image/2iqbfebus/

siggya.png

Ideally, he would try to challenge himself by aiming for sub 15 meds, or at least consistent sub 20s, rather than just 30 mins.

Surely it is better to aim for sub 30s.

Then once that is achieved work for sub 20s

Then try and push to sub 15s

After all it is easier to achieve if you feel you are meeting goals.

Honestly, I doubt he'd be able to do a sub 15 in his first few floors, but once he understands how dungeoneering works, getting a sub 15 won't be difficult.