Waterfiends are weak to crush... Rapier time!

Powerfrog

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill get some hit/ miss data for about 1000 kills if I can get my account back from my dad (Don't ask) Recently got elite void, though I don't have imbued rings, however I will try to test rap + maul out. Ill bring a ticker to track kill numbers, and note the hits/ misses myself... (I guess I'll use overloads, got plenty spare :lol: )

Ill get apic of my gear setups when Icn.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Speaking of data collecting methods. Is there any easy way to note down hit and miss rates? Like an automatic external tool? (Not one that inputs anything to the game, one that just "watches", like the ones in WoW.)

If not... would xp gained be a suitable alternative? Start with 0 xp counter and an hour later check it? This should only be melee/constitution xp so i don't see why it wouldn't work.

CNqWHdA.jpg

So it would be

(Total xp gained-(scroll exp of famil*scrolls used)/ exp gained for 1 wf)

Rounded down due to health renewal.

Can be used to work out your kills over time

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Speaking of data collecting methods. Is there any easy way to note down hit and miss rates? Like an automatic external tool? (Not one that inputs anything to the game, one that just "watches", like the ones in WoW.)

If not... would xp gained be a suitable alternative? Start with 0 xp counter and an hour later check it? This should only be melee/constitution xp so i don't see why it wouldn't work.

Gui, Add, Button, gHit x2 y2 w70 h50 , Hit
Gui, Add, Button, gMiss x72 y2 w70 h50 , Miss
Gui +alwaysontop +ToolWindow
Gui, Show, w144 h54, Hit/Miss
return

F1::
Hit:
Hit++
Total++
return

F2::
Miss:
Miss++
Total++
return

F10::

Gui 2: Add, Text, x2 y2 w30 h20 , Hits:
Gui 2: Add, Edit, x38 y2 w40 h20 , %Hit%
Gui 2: Add, Text, x2 y22 w34 h20 , Misses:
Gui 2: Add, Edit, x38 y22 w40 h20 , %Miss%
Gui 2: Add, Text, x2 y42 w30 h20 , Total:
Gui 2: Add, Edit, x38 y42 w40 h20 , %Total%
Gui 2: Show, w112 h75, Data
return

GuiClose:
ExitApp

For the actual testing, don't use a rapier/maul. Use a stab/crush weapon that gets you as close as possible to 50% accuracy. Then you'll only need ~1k data points. Make sure you include all relevant information; level, equipment bonus, prayers, void bonus, etc.

So it would be

(Total xp gained-(scroll exp of famil*scrolls used)/ exp gained for 1 wf)

Rounded down due to health renewal.

Can be used to work out your kills over time

I'd personally be using bunyip so didn't think about summoning xp.

An easier way around that is to just note down your melee style of choice's starting xp and ending xp. Then you can be sure the only xp you track is from combat with waterfiends. Plus it's probably slightly more accurate.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Actual hit/miss data is better for determining wfs defense ratings, which is what we want to do. So don't track your xp.

Surely you'd just find out the average xp of a hit and find out the accuracy from that.

I'd be willing to collect hit/miss if there was an easier way to do it. I'm not going to physically keep track of every single hit as i play though.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Actual hit/miss data is better for determining wfs defense ratings, which is what we want to do. So don't track your xp.

Surely you'd just find out the average xp of a hit and find out the accuracy from that.

I'd be willing to collect hit/miss if there was an easier way to do it. I'm not going to physically keep track of every single hit as i play though.

Average xp/hit is easy to determine. But you have to account for things like overkill. That makes your method very inaccurate. Counting each hit isn't as bad as it sounds.

I've seen many people using zammy spear too in stab mode. I found it strange at 1st but they were killing at the same pace as me with approx the same gear.

Crush probably helps but isn't necesarry anymore I guess. :P

sigtsg99tq3.png

I think the people us a zs in stab mode may have been bots, whose owners failed to check the attack styles. :wall:

(Possibly setting the Dramen staff to defensive, and the Zammy spear auto-swapped it to defensive also when the bot swaps to it? Idk)

Would it be against the rules to make a Programme that "spies" on Rs and checks for hits/ misses? Just wondering. :unsure:

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

You can't interact with the game code, but just saving the information should be OK.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I could make a script that searches for either a red hit splat, or a blue miss splat, but it'd log other player's hits/misses too, so you'd have to be alone.

Edit: It'd log the waterfiends hits/misses too, so it wouldn't work.

Would there be a way to ignore the area the player stans in, andonly search a certain area?

\/

>[]<

/\

Ignoring the [] and searching arrows? Would have to be aspecific camera angle though. :unsure:

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

In my slayer script, you drag a window over the search area. You could do this, then drag another window over the do not search area, then have it ignore pixels that are located within the 2nd window. It'd only work at a few camera angles, and would be pretty cumbersome to write, and it'd probably be much easier just to use the script I posted earlier.

I'm no expert but you could record an hour or two at waterfiends and analyse that (with a program or otherwise). The chaos tunnels are mostly empty so if you can filter out the waterfiends' attacks the rest is easy.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Im not sure if I could survive at waterfiends without Virtus and brews, which would skew the results a fair amount. :lol:

I could makea video easily enough afterthis holiday, four 15 minute clips with rapier then another 4 with Maul? Considering that I'mnot maxed melees, and might get an attack level in there somewhere, I will probably end up using defensive. :wall:

(I guess I could get 98 attack before this so Iam only one level off the max in att and str? Less than 200k off lst time I checked)

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

For the actual testing, don't use a rapier/maul. Use a stab/crush weapon that gets you as close as possible to 50% accuracy. Then you'll only need ~1k data points. Make sure you include all relevant information; level, equipment bonus, prayers, void bonus, etc.

Fair enough. Zammy spear for Crush and Stab, or a Korasi for stab, could the special attack factored in?

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Isnt the korasi spec luck based? :unsure:

Brb new thread about Koarsi specs accuracy?

Need another person with access to HYT clans battlefield, and a spec/hp restore portal thingy.

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Isnt the korasi spec luck based? :unsure:

Brb new thread about Koarsi specs accuracy?

Need another person with access to HYT clans battlefield, and a spec/hp restore portal thingy.

Luck based? It's just as luck based as any other weapon in runescape (Or less so, as accuracy doesn't come into the equation.)

It hits 50-150% of your max hit, averaging a regular max hit per spec, and never misses. (Talk about overpowered amiright?)

So... 100% accurate special should NOT be counted in an accuracy testing experiment >.>

...Although dragon claws VS Korasi for special on waterfiends may be interesting. Dragon claws seem fairly accurate (80%ish) in my experience so it's going to be a close one.

CNqWHdA.jpg

I mainly meant how magic defense affected the special, not general accuracy.

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]