Investigating the Wise Old Man

KCHughes

Brain storm!!!! what if he built himself a flying device, a one that worked and shrunk it, causing it to not work for some reason! that is why he is thinking hard about it!

I think we've been over this twice on this page alone.

But I digress. Has anyone seen the fires on the log-in screen lately? One of the rune symbols in the fire looks suspiciously like the symbol on the split rock.

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heavily disagree about what you said what I said KC, I meant he had a working model, but decided to shrink it, (added: so as to sneak in unharmed by the wizards) however, it no longer worked that idea was not posted to my knowledge And I read the posts!!!!!!

Anyway, why tutorial island? its got nothing worth anything there? I doubt the WOm would want Newbs to be on his team... no offense to the people on tutorial island of course,

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

I'm also fairly certain that a group is down there...maybe a lunatic fringe group, or something. If there wasn't before, there probably is now thanks to Jagex's little spies everywhere.

If it was comprised of lunatics, I'd love to be in it. :P

What bothers me about the line that passes the Oracle and the tower is that we've almost proven that the Oracle is a Saradominist, yet it's the Wizard's Tower that seems more sinister because of the Opus Saradomin. It seems like whatever we used to think about both is getting thrown out the window and they're being revealed for what they really are.

The Tower was always sinister. I mean, a lesser demon in a cage? A mage that summons armies of imps? Now Opus Saradomin as you have said. I find the Oracle rather strange... I think he might be some sort of spy for Opus Saradomin- possibly he is spying on the Black Knights? Maybe Opus Saradomin are in league with the White Knights, or has that been said before? My memory is going, sorry.

I think I've figured out the thing on WOM's desk. I read the new quest guide and it said that the penguins want to try to fly for their "invasion." I think WOM came across one of the penguin's prototype flying machines. It's too small for a regular penguin, so it was probably a model built to scale. The penguins are probably mass-producing these flying things now. I wonder, if WOM can use reverse engineering on the thing to build a flying machine for himself, then use it to land on the roof of the Wizard's Tower.

It would be a good way to land an attack- I mean, frontal assault would be pure suicide. Maybe he is going to land on that balcony at the top, jump through the window, and maybe conspire with Grayzag for what to do next? I am suggesting of course that they are in league, and are trying to steal something from the tower, possibly the summomning runes. I think I know the plan if this is true- they release the lesser demon, it causes havoc, and in the midst of the confusion, the Wise Old Man steals the runes, then runs off with Grayzag to Maliginus Mortifier. Then the three summon whatever monsters they choose- it would be perfect! However, I could be wrong- the WOM may be attempting to kill Grayzag for all we know.

Just a REALLY random thought... What if he is looking at tutorial island and the wizard's tower. The tower so he can figure out how to summon and the island so he can figure out how to summon players. (that would be really scary)

If he got the ability to do that, I'd hate to meet him in the Wilderness, or anyone else who had that power for that matter. Imagine this- you are in the Wilderness, all alone, then suddenly a Level 80 attacks you. However, you summon 50 Level 20's- even that low a level would be able to take down the Level 80, if they were in that number! Just think of the chaos it would cause.

:ohnoes:

Just a REALLY random thought... What if he is looking at tutorial island and the wizard's tower. The tower so he can figure out how to summon and the island so he can figure out how to summon players. (that would be really scary)

If he got the ability to do that, I'd hate to meet him in the Wilderness, or anyone else who had that power for that matter. Imagine this- you are in the Wilderness, all alone, then suddenly a Level 80 attacks you. However, you summon 50 Level 20's- even that low a level would be able to take down the Level 80, if they were in that number! Just think of the chaos it would cause.

Yea but the lvl 80 would probaly summon 100 lvl 3's... :ohnoes:

Visit my blog

fractalsigdone.jpg

Signature made by dsavi_x4

If he got the ability to do that' date=' I'd hate to meet him in the Wilderness, or anyone else who had that power for that matter. Imagine this- you are in the Wilderness, all alone, then suddenly a Level 80 attacks you. However, you summon 50 Level 20's- even that low a level would be able to take down the Level 80, if they were in that number! Just think of the chaos it would cause.[/quote']Yea but the lvl 80 would probaly summon 100 lvl 3's... :ohnoes:

It would take a long time for 100 Level 3's to kill you, unless you are below Level 40.

If he got the ability to do that' date=' I'd hate to meet him in the Wilderness, or anyone else who had that power for that matter. Imagine this- you are in the Wilderness, all alone, then suddenly a Level 80 attacks you. However, you summon 50 Level 20's- even that low a level would be able to take down the Level 80, if they were in that number! Just think of the chaos it would cause.[/quote']Yea but the lvl 80 would probaly summon 100 lvl 3's... :ohnoes:

It would take a long time for 100 Level 3's to kill you, unless you are below Level 40.

But there would be so much lag that the level 80 could run to safety.

Womzoomed-1.gif

Good point.Lag.

How about we summon Dagganoths that would scare the level 80!

*BrainStorm* What if the creature under the bed/desk is a large creature shrunk!

Or a new monster...

Visit my blog

fractalsigdone.jpg

Signature made by dsavi_x4

Come to think of it, if summoning did come about, would lag not put a huge stint in the amount of creatures we could actually summon? If Jagex decided to go ahead with it, they'd have to put the maximum number of creatures that can be summoned at any one time in very controlled amounts.

Come to think of it, if summoning did come about, would lag not put a huge stint in the amount of creatures we could actually summon? If Jagex decided to go ahead with it, they'd have to put the maximum number of creatures that can be summoned at any one time in very controlled amounts.

Yeah, a hundred lessers in varrock, world 2 wouldnt be very funny, at the time (it would later)

Guys!!! on the map, between miscellania and Lunar there is a coming soon thing! and that update for the quest! but isn't that where a crossing of coordinates was!!!???!!!

*BrainStorm* What if the creature under the bed/desk is a large creature shrunk!

Or a new monster...

Hey, now that's actually a really good idea...shrunken Kalphite? Members always say the thing looks like one. If we could have a member get on this we might be able to answer a lot of questions.

Guys!!! on the map, between miscellania and Lunar there is a coming soon thing! and that update for the quest! but isn't that where a crossing of coordinates was!!!???!!!

Let me re-check the original map from a year ago...

wommapvg9.th.jpg

Looks like it. A line also goes through the new penguin iceberg place.

Womzoomed-1.gif

Here, I remapped it on a newer map (this section) and I don't think it's where the new island is.... (I am really good at ruining these good ideas, eh?)

rerx1.th.jpg

It does go through the new penguin island.

Womzoomed-1.gif

What has become of the runescape community???? :wall:

There is a community?

I just thought of something I don't think we've considered yet: What if WOM is trying to become a god? Zamorak was a human once, and he overthrew Zaros and became the new god of evil and other stuff. He had a tribe of devotees backing him up (Mahjarrat), and he had a special circumstance propel him into godhood (god war).

Hmm. Maybe that's where WOM's jealousy stems from, the fact that Zamorak was a normal person and got to be a god. Think about it; he's got this seminary thing that apparently he's in control of, and a Council that we've never heard of that he's a part of. Hmm, this is very good...

We know he's probably in control of this thing called the Seminary based on the way his letter was worded, and we also know he's a member of this 'Council' of something that we're not sure of. I don't think he's in charge of the Council itself, but is more like a prominent member.

He had his Seminarians do something in the Lumbridge graveyard that intimidated Father Aereck apparently. Aereck is probably a member of the Council, and WOM sent in his Seminary to rough up Aereck in order to gain support for himself. Strong-arming and secret police-style tactics like this have always been used when someone wants more power than they have.

Look at Father Lawrence, too. By threatening Lawrence the way he did in the letter, he's probably blackmailing him to throw his support to WOM's side. The Oracle letter sticks out, too. WOM sounds a lot like he's "kindly ordering" the Oracle to change his clue. I don't know how many of you have worked in a corporate-style environment, but something like this in the corporate world usually means that a scheming middle manager is getting ready for a power-grab.

If WOM can gain support of the Council, he could be the equivalent of Zamorak being the leader of the Mahjarrat just before the God War. All he need now is that: Another god war to propel him into godhood.

But how would WOM trigger another god war by himself? One way is that he attacks the Wizard's Tower, destroys it, and blames Zamorakians. Destroying the Wizard's Tower would also destroy Opus Saradomin, obviously. This would put Saradominists in a rage, so much so that they could start a, for lack of a better term, genocide against Zamorakians. Something like this would cause Zamorak to intervene himself to protect his followers, breaking the truce signed at the end of the first god war. Then Saradomin would intervene, probably resurrecting Zaros to help fight Zamorak. And God War II would ensue.

But how would he use this to make himself a god? Well, let's look back to the letters he wrote. He wrote one to Thurgo, maker of that knight's sword. It would be easy for WOM to employ Thurgo for making a bunch of high-quality weapons. Look at the letter to Reldo. It was concered with a method to "revolutionise" smithing. All WOM would need is to employ Thurgo to work with this revolutionary new smithing method in order to produce enough weapons for an army.

But where would he get an army? Summoning, of course! By summoning a massive fighting force and arming them all with Thurgo's high quality weapons, He would be unstoppable. With all of this power, WOM could easily gain the approval of Saradomin to be the second-in-command of Saradomin's forces. WOM could make a massive army and overpower Zamorak (and Zaros if needed) and could use his extraordinary mage powers to do most of the work himself. After Zamorak and Zaros are defeated, Saradomin would no doubt give WOM godhood as a reward for doing such a good job.

This is where I see a new quest from Jagex, something really difficult where you have to foil WOM's plan at the last minute and expose his nefarious deeds. After the quest, WOM would be forgiven and would be allowed to live on in Draynor helping people the way he used to, and would be a "nice guy" from then on. :D

Whew...that was a LOT of thinking...sorry for the really long post.

Womzoomed-1.gif

Don't be.

I think you hit the nail on the head, but remember, Saradomin isn't as loving as everyone else says. I think that the WOM wants something very similar to Saradomin, if he doesn't get Saradomins position itself!

Yeah, but I'm more than sure Jagex has been monitoring this post for a while now. I wouldn't be surprised if something changes lol jk, but I'm serious about the first paragraph. And when people lose, they aren't genteel about, they want what they lost (including chances at god hood) back!

Humm... I really like what you said as far as weapons go, wasn't there something about the blast furnace... The only problem with using the blast furnace would be getting there & getting the dwarfs on your side.

Just thinking other than barrows and third age do we know of any surviving weapons? Both of those amours are from the third age. There is the shield of Arav, but other than that nothing else comes to mind.

Also Silver light would be something that he should be interested in because of its power against demons. If he is going to be going up against Zammy he is going to be fighting demons.

If there is going to be a god war than summoning is probably going to come back into play. Grayzag (or whatever the imp-summoner's name is) would be extremely valuable to Zammy because he knows how to summon demons (or mini ones) so if Zammy could summon him, then he could be summoning demons everywhere...

Also Magnifus (the Necromancer) would be very important because when ever your men died he could just bring them back. WOM already knows of him, and Zammy probably knows of Grayzag so they could be key characters also.

Also, you have to remember some thing this size would drastically change the whole of Runescape, unless it was cut off before it began. (like you said) That would make for a good quest, but alot of what could happen would have to be stopped, or else it would change the whole of Runescape.

Womzoomed-1.gif

What has become of the runescape community???? :wall:

There is a community?

yeah, foil the WOm's plan would be hard, after all he has had 2 (?) plus yerars to prepare for this... I smell adventure brewing...

But why would Opus Saradomin (i forget where did we get this name?) let one like grayzag in their midst?

I like that idea... and it fits pretty much what the clues look like right now.

Also, with the quest, it could be like you go against Zammy's army, thinking that you are doing the right thing, only to find out that infact WOM is the evil, and you go down in a showoff against him.

Lots of killing of Zammy's demons, then a good high level monster to finish it off.

Wise Old Man is in lumberyard!!

Someone check it out! And take pics of and post the dialogue on here, for those of us who cannot get on Runescape (like me).

R.I.P The Old Nite. Heroes get remembered. But Legends never die. You were truly a Runescape Legend

newbankofrsyq0.gif

its true!

miss schism is there too (cant get screeny!)

"its terribl! no one can get into the lumbermill!"

me "can you put me in there?"

"certainly my dear. just talk to that Wise old man if you have trouble getting out. He's being quite helpful today."

Then get teled into the lumber mill

to WoM:

me: Heya

WOM: I heard there was a problem with players being stuck here so I thought I'd pop across and have a look. Do you want to leave this area?"

choose yes please, kick me out, and he punts you over the fence,

choose no thanks I'm okay and he does nothing

going to draynor!