Investigating the Wise Old Man

KCHughes

^Because he think's he's better than that :evil:

Or maybe because he doesn't want his scheme unmasked and only educated people will know only hints of his plan!

Also remember he said the USED to be a great hero, who at that time probably finished all the quests. Now, he can't wear the cape because he didn't do all the new quests that came out, and if he does it, he will blow his cover for whatever evil plan he has.

I'd also like to throw this out there, he buys stuff from f2p quests, why does he do that? ( If it hasn't already come up, 57 pages, wow ).

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

try reading the strange book it gives graphical clues and readers comments are intrestering and thing on desk is a plane and the thing under bed dosent respond to kicking anymore :ohnoes: someone try 2 get a zoomed up screeenshot of pirate map over bed i'll try but im no good

a noob is an attiude not a level(i cant remeber who i got that off soz)

I still think it's incredibly eerie that Guy was mentioned...I don't know. If we start seeing NPCs named Sergio, or Monco, Mortimer, Sentenza, Tuco, Blondie, Indio, or two gangs called the Rojos and Baxters, we'll know that Jagex is stalking us.

wat guy :-X

how do u post pictures cause i blew up he map not well though also he has an emerald necklace hanging upstairs what could this mean.is he trying to bind runes which could point to wizard's tower and rune essence mystreries but this means he a sara mage def to know of rune ess

Using logic and reasoning (yay for Philosophy classes):

Zamorakian mages invaded the old Wizard's Tower and tried to steal the secrets of runecrafting in the Third or Fourth age. They couldn't get the secrets, but they burnt the Tower down. If you read the comments in one of the books, the W.O.M. says that he needs more runes, so he'll have to get them from the Wizard's Tower. If he were really that wise, couldn't he just use Runcrafting to get all the runes he wants? He obviously doesn't know much about it, so he wants to invade the Tower again to steal the Runecrafting secrets, and finish the job that the Zamorakian mages failed at so long ago. Plus, he'll probably burn the Tower down when he's through.

as i said a long time after this post but nonetheless he has a binding necklace upstairs on chamberlance i think so he must know

Using logic and reasoning (yay for Philosophy classes):

Zamorakian mages invaded the old Wizard's Tower and tried to steal the secrets of runecrafting in the Third or Fourth age. They couldn't get the secrets, but they burnt the Tower down. If you read the comments in one of the books, the W.O.M. says that he needs more runes, so he'll have to get them from the Wizard's Tower. If he were really that wise, couldn't he just use Runcrafting to get all the runes he wants? He obviously doesn't know much about it, so he wants to invade the Tower again to steal the Runecrafting secrets, and finish the job that the Zamorakian mages failed at so long ago. Plus, he'll probably burn the Tower down when he's through.

as i said a long time after this post but nonetheless he has a binding necklace upstairs on chamberlance i think so he must know

He knows OF runecrafting, but doesn't know the techniques. Try talking to him, he says something that "he understands that the player has been a great help in rediscovering that skill." I'd also like to point out that Malignius Mortifier is a Zamorakian, since after doing the abyss mini-quest he says that it's great that the player has helped the Zamorakians learn of runecrafting after such a long time. Hope this helps.

^Hey, yeah, he gives out capes of achievement for those who have completed all the quests.

Wait, don't all the other NPCs who do that actually wear the capes they give out? I've seen them around F2P world, like the head of the crafting guild, brother Jerred, and the Lumbridge melee tutor. WOM doesn't wear his! Why is that, I wonder?

The reason the WOM dosent wear the quest cape is simple. Of all the npc's who give oput achivment capes, only the WOM can't wear the cape he gives out because, he has not completed all the quests. He is retired. And I was taking a break from this investigating but im back :D

dont u think there is a connection between the the missing king of asgarnia and all of this. :-k

you know it could be the king under his bed the whole time

brainiacjr.png

brainiacjr.png 286/326 Quest Points

how do u post pictures cause i blew up he map not well though also he has an emerald necklace hanging upstairs what could this mean.is he trying to bind runes which could point to wizard's tower and rune essence mystreries but this means he a sara mage def to know of rune ess

search "imageshack" on google. Click the first link.

Now:

1. Upload - make sure 'file' is selected. Click 'Browse' find you picture, click the picture than click 'open'.

2. make sure resize image is checked (if this is a full screen picture), than in the drop down menue select '640x480 (for message boards). If your picture is less than 640x480 alredy, DO NOT check the resize box.

3. Click 'Hoast It'

4. When it is done uploading, scroll tot eh bottom of the page, and copy the url at the bottom (just the url, there are many boxes with code in them saying they are for certain things, dont copy them, you just want the url)

5. On the tip.it fourms, to post: Click the "IMG" button or type "".%20Paste%20the%20url%20of%20your%20picture,%20than%20click%20the%20"IMG"%20buton%20again%20(will%20now%20say%20"*IMG")%20or%20type%20"

Thats it, it's easyer than it looks.

On-Topic: I do not belive the king is under the bed and I'm sure most people would agree with me without me having to give an explanation. But it is possible that the WOM is connected to the kings disaperance none the less.

If I recall correctly, he had, in the past, completed all quests, but you wonder, if you save them once, why do they need to be continued to be saved?

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

Quite a few people have said that MOM was WOM's brother.

And about the King of Asgarnia thing, I think we talked about that before.

Try checking a few pages back? It's there somewhere.

7,436th to 99 fishing on July 13, 2008

[hide=Quotes that I lol'd at]

the day the fantastic four come into runescape, i will eat my socks.

what kind of topic is this. ihaven't read it yet

but i now it must be stupid.

[/hide]

Still, why would WOM be the person to give out the quest cape? Couldn't whomever is in charge of the achievement capes have picked someone else? He still wears a Saradomin cape, if I'm not mistaken.

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

The WOM is I belive the only npc who has completed any quests of any kind, he was an adventurer like our charecters before retiring and so is the most suited to the job.

I assume there is no meeting this weekend, just as well I dont think I would be able to make it anyway. I lookforward to these history updates, I think we have done as much investigating as we can with the knowlage we have been given, and tbh, we can speculate till cows fly. Maby well be able to produce real answers....

next time im on i'll do a full sweep of varrock, every last squre, expect to hear about it within a week (played to much, got bored).

And I hope you all like my new sig, the old one was crap. I finaly got so angry looking at it I figured out how to use photoshop and made me my own sig :thumbsup:

How about we plan for the next meeting some time after the histories get updated? We'll have a lot to talk about then (plus I'll be traveling on Saturday.)

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

How about we plan for the next meeting some time after the histories get updated? We'll have a lot to talk about then (plus I'll be traveling on Saturday.)

Sounds good.

^Hey, yeah, he gives out capes of achievement for those who have completed all the quests.

Wait, don't all the other NPCs who do that actually wear the capes they give out? I've seen them around F2P world, like the head of the crafting guild, brother Jerred, and the Lumbridge melee tutor. WOM doesn't wear his! Why is that, I wonder?

The reason the WOM dosent wear the quest cape is simple. Of all the npc's who give oput achivment capes, only the WOM can't wear the cape he gives out because, he has not completed all the quests. He is retired. And I was taking a break from this investigating but im back :D

That's exactly what I said -.-

ok, i didn't read all 60 pages or whatever it is but, lets say he does hit the wizards tower, which he proably will, what will they do with quests like the rune mysteries quest, or how will it affect rune essence minning. my guess is jagex just made the WOM to mess with people. they made him do 1 thing and left the rest up to us to write 60 pages about him. id say he never does anything else again.

ok, i didn't read all 60 pages or whatever it is but, lets say he does hit the wizards tower, which he proably will, what will they do with quests like the rune mysteries quest, or how will it affect rune essence minning. my guess is jagex just made the WOM to mess with people. they made him do 1 thing and left the rest up to us to write 60 pages about him. id say he never does anything else again.

Well the exact same line has been said a few times already, except that they weren't as polite, homever stating this doesn't help the thread to evolve, and it would be appriciated that people stopped posting this line. It's a game and it's meant to be fun, how you have fun is a personal thing and people shouldn't be judged by the way they pass their time, as long as it's legal.

On-topic: In the void knight island there are some banners, the symbol is a fallen "S" examine goes: The official symbol of the void knights. Or something like that. Just posted to make sure.

Well the exact same line has been said a few times already, except that they weren't as polite, homever stating this doesn't help the thread to evolve, and it would be appriciated that people stopped posting this line. It's a game and it's meant to be fun, how you have fun is a personal thing and people shouldn't be judged by the way they pass their time, as long as it's legal.

On-topic: In the void knight island there are some banners, the symbol is a fallen "S" examine goes: The official symbol of the void knights. Or something like that. Just posted to make sure.

And I belive I have posted this before (or something to the extent). I could give a fiddelers fart weather we ever solve this or not. The fun is in the investigating, once we have the answer theres no fun, so hopefully Jagex will only give us enough to make this interesting, never enough to definitivly prove anything.

I have also started my investigation of varrock. In 40 minutes I might have covered 1/20th of the city. I am veary therough(sp?)

KCHughes, do you find it odd that Mortimer and the Wise Old Man both have gold/gold coloured telescopes pointing out of windows directly into the heart of the town/village...? :P

Anyway, yes, having a meeting when the history page is updated would be a brilliant idea. I think, however, if they bring a massive update on all parts of the history first, we should concentrate on the lesser individuals. I am, of course, referring to your pyramid- perhaps Arrav or one of the main Mahjarrat would be a good thing to start off with? I don't think we should touch the gods until later on, as they would be higher up in the pyramid.

Well, I think that the gods are pretty much ambivalent to what he did. After all, nothing happened to him after he robbed the bank.

But if he's trying to become a god, he'll obviously get Saradomin and Zamorak to fight each other. In my opinion, they could play a crucial part in this story.

Well, I think that the gods are pretty much ambivalent to what he did. After all, nothing happened to him after he robbed the bank.

But if he's trying to become a god, he'll obviously get Saradomin and Zamorak to fight each other. In my opinion, they could play a crucial part in this story.

And so Guthix intervened, causing the second GWII(God War II), when it was over the lands of fair kingdoms as Misthalin and Asgarnia were in ruins, covered in blood and corpses. The few unlucky survivors had to survive on their own, at the mercy of the other races...

mememe513.png