Investigating the Wise Old Man

KCHughes

I don't really think Guthix is two separate entities. In a Postbag letter to the KBD(can't find it right now) he mentions that 'lest he forget, for every Balance there is an Unbalance' or something like that. That implies to me that their is a not-so-benevolent version of Guthix out there that would like nothing better than a total return to formless chaos, i.e, destruction of Geilinor. Guthix has apparently forgotten this during his sleep or neglected to mention it to us.

3zh5ap4.jpg

Early to bed and early to rise makes a man sleepy and blind in the eyes.

Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!

If it's the thought that counts, why aren't humans innately telepathic?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean after all going after 200,000 in gold is quite fun... Except when you have to split it...

Quit your whining. 100,000 is plenty, you greasy rat. :lol:

From the old God Letters, Guthix said something very interesting when asked about pures:

When my plans are unfurled, 'pures' will be the very first to suffer of all the creatures of this world.

Very interesting...thanks to Mememe for finding it first.

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

Along with the musuem update the WOM WILL Strike again!! It'll make it where he broke in there... And stole something.. Something of great importance I would guess.. Zaro's ancients magick sigi is in there... Hmm is WOM trying to possible make his own form of magic? His own spellbook? Ancients and Regular Magick.. Together? I've thought of this, and investigating some more around. I have also Found out the map upstairs in his house IS A MAP of tutorial island. If you place it over turorial island, and make one transparent you can tell easiliy it is a replica... Thats where my thoughts ended though.

If all you came up with is that it could be a magic update, then it could easily be something like being able to use spells without runes... that would be awesome, and practically godly. Though i doubt we will have such power. WOM could use that power so that he would never rune out of runes. \' \' \'

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

you know, we've been all upbeat about the new varrock update, did we ever think that maybe the other cities may be updated and that varrock might not have anything for us concerning WOM. we should be focusing on things we haven't done, not obbsessing ourselves over something we've already covered.

?r=191108

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

you know, we've been all upbeat about the new varrock update, did we ever think that maybe the other cities may be updated and that varrock might not have anything for us concerning WOM. we should be focusing on things we haven't done, not obbsessing ourselves over something we've already covered.

Unfortunatly we have done most of what we can, in the free world anyway. When they update varrock any plot elements pertaining to the WOM will become more accurate as everything in teh city has been like that, proboly befor they thought up the WOM. Also the museum looks to be a prety big update, so if when it finaly arrives, it gives us nothing, we will all have trhe right to be royaly pissed off.

Does ANYONE know the real reasons of the gnomes in the Human magic places, (tower and guild and etc.) Maybe there is a quest involved.. But WOM is affiliated with the Gnomes!! He has to be... <.<

The gnomes are ambassadors to learn more about history, but it really hasn't been that long since the gnomes appeared, and there were no gnome except the al kharid one in f2p worlds before that, so that may be a possibility :-w :-w :-w

?r=191108

Nice find there Skeeran. I haven't bothered looking at all the bookcases again for easter eggs, or in this case, possible clues. :o

Get the book and find out what's in it! (unless it's one of those things where you can't remove the book :P ).

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

Nice find there Skeeran. I haven't bothered looking at all the bookcases again for easter eggs, or in this case, possible clues. :o

Get the book and find out what's in it! (unless it's one of those things where you can't remove the book :P ).

Yeah, it just says that there is an assortment of strange books, and that you look at the title of one at random.

Fix Boss Monster Drops for teams!!!

Tip.it Forums

Zybez Community Forums

RSOF Quick find: 24-25-592-54824756

Yeah, it just says that there is an assortment of strange books, and that you look at the title of one at random.

Oh, and this has probably been covered, but Grayzag is a Necromancer.

Tip.it Forums

Zybez Community Forums

Their is really not to uncover in Members unless you include how WOM taught the Lunar Clan "Lunar Magic," he can unlock the power of the ring of charos, tells you how to unlock the god spells in wilderness, has been known to save people, and has a very good knowledge of Gliendor (runescape world)

If Guthix seems to be involved would ummm whats that snakes name... (the snake in Tears of Guthix) know anything of the sort?? The rocks were magical... But what sort of magic would that be then..?

The snake Juda

Minigame quote:

Talk to Juna and she will as you to tell her a Story, tell her one and she will give you a Bowl and you will begin the Mini-Game. You need to collect as much Blue Tears with the bowl as you can, collecting 1 Tear per second. You will get +1 water when you click on a blue stream and -1 water from a green stream.
mememe513.png

Hello everyone! You have all (with the exception of the spammers :( ) are doing a great job! I have read all 80 pages (took me a week and a half, about an hour to three a day).

On-topic: IF Zaros and Armadyl are the same, why wouldn't they just see that they would be much stronger together? They could just fuse together, and start on their conquest to rule Gielnor! But! They won't, because they are opposites (as we all know).

Also, if Guthix hates pures, would that mean he would kill Armadyl also?

And would Armadyl's death bring forth Zaros's? If they ARE the same god, then wouldn't they have a mental/emotional/physical bond?

Amount of spam rising... Urge to kill people rising...

~~~~~ Magesty of Impurity ~~~~~

Please don't flame anyone, unless they deserve it ( if someone posts crap, then flame at will. :^_^:).

whatcolor_isblue.jpgWhat Color Are You?

I feel it might be more than a little difficult for WOM to become a necromancer, no matter how strong he is, look at this:

Guthix:

"Necromancy is an abomination to me, for it blurs the line between death and life, both of which are vital states that are required for the balance of this world to be maintained. Only the most evil beings follow such dark arts, and those who do so challenge not just my authority but those of mine lesser brothers too. I wouldst say that 3 gods doing their utmost to prevent any more necromancers fromst entering my lands means it ist unlikely for any mere mortal to achieve such dark arts, unless by some reason they are needed for balance in the future."

So apparently all 3 gods don't want a new Necromancer (Sara wants everyone alive, Zammy wants everyone to be dead, and Guthix wants everyone to be one or the other, but not both).

Tip.it Forums

Zybez Community Forums

Hello everyone! You have all (with the exception of the spammers :( ) are doing a great job! I have read all 80 pages (took me a week and a half, about an hour to three a day).

On-topic: IF Zaros and Armadyl are the same, why wouldn't they just see that they would be much stronger together? They could just fuse together, and start on their conquest to rule Gielnor! But! They won't, because they are opposites (as we all know).

Also, if Guthix hates pures, would that mean he would kill Armadyl also?

And would Armadyl's death bring forth Zaros's? If they ARE the same god, then wouldn't they have a mental/emotional/physical bond?

If armandyl and zaros are 1 being it may be immpossible for one to kill the other, but 1 could still banish the other to a forgoten place of the mind where it could do nothing. I never thought about armandyl and zaros being pures (good and evil) before.

Congrats on reading the whole thing btw =D>

PS, if you want to join the forums, my sig is a link to teh site, pm me if you use a different username there or you wont be validated.

:-k :idea:

forgoten place of the mind

Hmmm... The forgotten place where our test info goes right before the test? (Seriously) Technically, your brain cannot forget anything, but it can lose the connections between the bumps (no better non-scientific word for them). (I'll look for a page on this and edit this post with it later)

where it could do nothing

Would that be a place that Zaros/Armadyl hates, or one designed to neutralize their power?

pures (good and evil)

Would that mean Sara and Zammy are pures too? Is it possible that they started out as one?

In all this, however, I wonder, could the WOM be a god in disguise ( :ohnoes: at the thought!!!)? Maybe Guthix's partner? Unbalance, perhaps? Look at the facts:

• 1) He is (supposedly) a follower of Saradomin , yet he robbed the bank.

2) He only does F2P items. And he accepts runes, YET gives them out also. And says he is running low. I say, why don't you stop giving them out? And where does he keep all this? He has no vault or safe. The "backpack" that we all have? Another hint that he was an adventurer like ourselves!

3) He has a Kalphite/Penguin under his bed, but when you kick it (remember kicking is one of the no-weaponed attacks) nothing happens, except for the bed rattling (and by that, I mean that it should do damage, even on F2P).

If armandyl and zaros are 1 being it may be immpossible for one to kill the other

I never said that they'd kill each other. I said that Guthix said in a letter that he would kill all pures. If they are one (I am repeating myself on this, but still) would one's death bring about the other's death? I must have worded that first one a little akwardly, I guess.

:shock: I can type alot. And fast. And I actually put thought behind it. :shock:

Edit001:

Brains can be extremely complex. For example, the human brain contains more than 100 billion neurons, each linked to as many as 10,000 other neurons
Neurons = brain bumps. Brain bumps = treasure chests of knowledge. The Wikipedia Brain page

Edit002(And no, I don't plan to have 100 edits!):

Neurons (also known as neurones and nerve cells) are electrically excitable cells in the nervous system that process and transmit information.
The Neuron Wikipedia page.

Also,

Neurons communicate with one another via synapses
Synapses = pathways. Pathways --> treasure chests of knowledge. The Synapses Wikipedia page.
synapses are specialized junctions through which the cells of the nervous system signal to each other

Edit003: ... Wow. :shock: Long post. :o I would even venture to say the longest!

Please don't flame anyone, unless they deserve it ( if someone posts crap, then flame at will. :^_^:).

I have one question, if Zaros and Armadyl were one, how could they live in seperate regions of Runescape (remember, the god of runescape are not omnipresent). Zaros dwelled in modern Morytania, while Armadyl is said to have "...looked over the followers of Ikov..." which last time I checked, the temple of Ikov is in the west.

Tip.it Forums

Zybez Community Forums

I have one question, if Zaros and Armadyl were one, how could they live in seperate regions of Runescape (remember, the god of runescape are not omnipresent). Zaros dwelled in modern Morytania, while Armadyl is said to have "...looked over the followers of Ikov..." which last time I checked, the temple of Ikov is in the west.

It's because their not one.....

It's because their not one.....

And your proof? We are assuming for now that they ARE one. Unless you have solid proof, it will just about take JaGeX to convince me (and others, I'm sure) otherwise. =;

They were separated. Example: If an orange was split in half, you can put one half down your stomach, and the other in the refridgerator. Still one orange, just separated. ::' Ugh, now I'm getting hungry! :x

Edit001:

"Necromancy is an abomination to me, for it blurs the line between death and life, both of which are vital states that are required for the balance of this world to be maintained. Only the most evil beings follow such dark arts, and those who do so challenge not just my authority but those of mine lesser brothers too. I wouldst say that 3 gods doing their utmost to prevent any more necromancers fromst entering my lands means it ist unlikely for any mere mortal to achieve such dark arts, unless by some reason they are needed for balance in the future."

Early necromancy is likely related to shamanism, which calls upon spirits such as the ghosts of ancestors.
Also,
Shamanism refers to a range of traditional beliefs and practices concerned with communication with the spirit world, mostly animal spirits ...

The most important object is the drum

•  
    1) Is there a Shaman in RuneScape?

2) Are there any drums in RuneScape?

If he IS trying to become a necromancer, (Latin neco meaning to kill or slay) AND knows the Big Three (Sara, Zammy and Guthix) are against it, wouldn't he get other gods to help him? And going back to my theory about him being a god in disguise, aren't the gods in groups and alliances? So wouldn't he ask the other gods in his group/alliance to help him? And what about godesses? Why haven't we seen any? Maybe a few demi-godesses, but not a full one (to my knowledge)!

Edit002: Writing a Postbag letter to WOM... Not signing my full name. Y'all should reconize the sig though. ::'

The gods migth not be omni-present, but I would suspect they can travel quite fast (at least in peace time). Also, necromancy in runescape is the kind where you can raise the dead, presumably so you can talk and gain secrets (but you could proboly make an army too).