Investigating the Wise Old Man

KCHughes

House : 2 degrees, 50 minutes North 20 degrees, 20 minutes East.

Bank : 2 degrees, 33 minutes North 20 degrees, 22 minutes East.

Tower : 0 degrees, 3 minutes North 20 degrees, 54 minutes East.

The cỏ̮̦̉rdinates of the center of the locations are:

House: 2 degrees, 52 minutes North; 20 degrees, 19 minutes East

Bank: 2 degrees, 33 minutes North; 20 degrees, 23 minutes East

Tower: 0 degrees, 1 minute South; 20 degrees, 54 minutes East

The cỏ̮̦̉rdinates of the entrances (inside, so right when you entered them) are:

House: 2 degrees, 48 minutes North; 20 degrees, 15 minutes East

Bank: 2 degrees, 39 minutes North; 20 degrees, 23 minutes East

Tower: 0 degrees, 9 minutes North; 20 degrees, 54 minutes East

Can make quite a difference when calculating other locations 8)

Edit: typo

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, hey, ive got an idea, get those maps u took pictures of up on this thread so others can help discover their location (if possible), and last time i checked, a single kick to the crotch managed to kick the watchman through the roof to Saradomin! (I seriously wouldn't duel this old guy for a while!) And as for the location in the ocean, maybe its some buried treasure that he's trying to keep others from finding. As for my idea:

He's planning to become part of a quest! Maybe we will have to stop him once and for all! A final defence for RuneScape (no, Jagex already crushed the RS3 Theory) in which one must die, and we all know who wont die without a fight...

My findings so far:

If you draw a line from the Wizard's Tower to the Draynor Bank, the Wise Old Man's telescope lies directly on the line. The equation of this line is: y=-4.682x+97.896. If you continue the line toward the south east, the line intersects with the dead center of the Bandit Camp in the desert. I can't remember much about the Bandit Camp when I was a member, but aren't they Zaros followers?

Anyway, imagine a line going from the Wizard's Tower, to the Draynor Bank, to the Wise Old Man's house. Now, imagine a line perpendicular to this line, which interects the Tower-Bank line at the Wise Old Man's house. The equation of this line is: y=.2136x-1.51. Continue this line in both directions and it intersect with the north-central portion of the Digsite (the Zaros altar?) and the Wizard's Guild in Yanile. So, the man is probably affiliated with Zaros somehow, and is part of some conspiracy against wizards. I think he'll attack the Wizard Guild after he hits the Tower.

Take the two equations I showed above and rearrange them into standard form and you get this:

x+.2136y=20.91

x-4.682y=7.07

The two bolded numbers are the solutions. Change them into Degree/Minute/Second form and you get this

20 degrees, 54 minutes

7 degrees, 4 minutes

Now, this is where I need some additional help. I need another memeber to find these two locations:

1. 20 degrees 54 minutes N and 7 degrees 4 minutes E

2. 7 degrees 4 minutes N and 20 degrees 54 minutes E

I believe one of these two coordinates will somewhat answer the mystery around the Wise Old Man. Thanks for your help again.

...And if you drew a circle around the two lines it would look like the Zaros Symbol. :P :roll: :wink:

nice argument but btw Socrates didnt commit suicide. He was found guility in a trial and was forced to drink poison. Yes he could have run with his friends like they wanted him to but he had to die for his beliefs one which was civil duty

Did plato run for his life?

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

My findings so far:

If you draw a line from the Wizard's Tower to the Draynor Bank, the Wise Old Man's telescope lies directly on the line. The equation of this line is: y=-4.682x+97.896. If you continue the line toward the south east, the line intersects with the dead center of the Bandit Camp in the desert. I can't remember much about the Bandit Camp when I was a member, but aren't they Zaros followers?

Anyway, imagine a line going from the Wizard's Tower, to the Draynor Bank, to the Wise Old Man's house. Now, imagine a line perpendicular to this line, which interects the Tower-Bank line at the Wise Old Man's house. The equation of this line is: y=.2136x-1.51. Continue this line in both directions and it intersect with the north-central portion of the Digsite (the Zaros altar?) and the Wizard's Guild in Yanile. So, the man is probably affiliated with Zaros somehow, and is part of some conspiracy against wizards. I think he'll attack the Wizard Guild after he hits the Tower.

Take the two equations I showed above and rearrange them into standard form and you get this:

x+.2136y=20.91

x-4.682y=7.07

The two bolded numbers are the solutions. Change them into Degree/Minute/Second form and you get this

20 degrees, 54 minutes

7 degrees, 4 minutes

Now, this is where I need some additional help. I need another memeber to find these two locations:

I believe one of these two coordinates will somewhat answer the mystery around the Wise Old Man. Thanks for your help again.

...And if you drew a circle around the two lines it would look like the Zaros Symbol. :P :roll: :wink:

Zaros has a symbol? Darn I had made one up lol looked kinda like a cross between the Mahjarrat symbol and a Z

Proud Acolyte of the Ooc

Cmon Steve you can do it!

userbaracolyteau6.png

userredkbglz3.png

My findings so far:

x+.2136y=20.91

x-4.682y=7.07

20 degrees, 54 minutes

7 degrees, 4 minutes

Zaros has a symbol? Darn I had made one up lol looked kinda like a cross between the Mahjarrat symbol and a Z

Yeah... The thing you dig up in "Digsite Quest"? The thing on top of ancient staff?

can someone make a picture of all the points marked on the map ?

not everybody wants to hear the bubblegum pop garbage.

im gonna burn in hell and drink all of satans beer.

trashmetal/deathmetal/hardrock/folkmetal die hard

so, most of you think it has something to do with history and the gods...

maybe you can look out then for the statues of all the gods,

what coordinates do they have, and where are they all pointing to?

i'm not member, so i can't get the coordinates...

just a thought...

so, most of you think it has something to do with history and the gods...

maybe you can look out then for the statues of all the gods,

what coordinates do they have, and where are they all pointing to?

i'm not member, so i can't get the coordinates...

just a thought...

The gods have statues? I didn't know that.

Plato didn't run. Socrates just ticked everyone off so much that they wanted him dead. Plato tried to not do that.

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

The gods have statues? I didn't know that.
the only statue ive seen of any of the gods was the saradomin statue that was in the park in falador. it was pointing west, but i think that it was doing that because you had to dig just to the west of it for the pirates treasure quest. but then again, who are we to ingore even the smallest detail? :wink:
I couldn't care less if he was Andrew Gower himself, I just don't like arrogant smegheads.
*in the voice of the comic book guy from the simpsons* best. quote. EVER! :thumbsup:

hmm is this very interesting and long.. so i only read the first few pages lol.

Something i will like to add to this topic

Theory 1:

When u did rune mystries quest, the head mage and aubury didn't know about rune crafting, and needed u to be a messenger and then they sloved it.

I remember him saying that this has to be kept a secret.. not falling into the wrong hands. remember that some stuff we can't control on our runescape characters, like swearing to NPCS, for example. He also said that a selected few know the teleport spell, and that he has tole them that u have the auth to use the teleport. He might be trying to find this out, maybe why he broke into the bank, to see if there were any books about this. He would have found talismans and tiaras and research notes, which would have given him clues, but little answers.

Now hes trying to find more, and he might release the lesser demon or burn down the tower if the head wiz doesnt tell him lol.

Theory 2:

Jagex want to go into summoning in style. They want to give us little clues that its comming, then mini-games, then quests then the skill. It might have little quests where u have to learn the summoning spell, for example, from the WOM.

Theory 3:

He wants to destroy us all. lol. Hes working on a summoning spell and duplicating speel for the lesser demon in the mage tower. He will then break the cage and teleport. Leaving the lessers to destroy most of the NPC and noobs. Then all low levels go underground and high levels fight his followers and creatures, and he helps wif random hits. We can attack him but hes lvl 750 and rides a lesser demon. This will be the coolest one, a massive war in Runescape :D .Then 10,000 players have to combine their powers to destroy him.

Theory 4:

Hes a follower of zaro, a spellmaker and made a new set of teleportation and summoning spells and attacks that he uses with his sara staff. hes a double agent, for sara, zaero and the mages at the wizard tower.

He is very powerful and is couple of hitting massive amounts, due to his special spells.

unfortunatley anything i send to jagex either gets a auto reply or ignored. still waiting for a reply to the msg i sent them in october :lol: . And i only got 400 characters, maybe someone can send the war one to them :D

hmm is this very interesting and long.. so i only read the first few pages lol.

Something i will like to add to this topic

Theory 1:

When u did rune mystries quest, the head mage and aubury didn't know about rune crafting, and needed u to be a messenger and then they sloved it.

I remember him saying that this has to be kept a secret.. not falling into the wrong hands. remember that some stuff we can't control on our runescape characters, like swearing to NPCS, for example. He also said that a selected few know the teleport spell, and that he has tole them that u have the auothirization to use the teleport. He might be trying to find this out, maybe why he broke into the bank, to see if there were any books about this. He would have found talismans and tiaras and research notes, which would have given him clues, but little answers.

Now hes trying to find more, and he might release the lesser demon or burn down the tower if the head wiz doesnt tell him lol.

Theory 2:

Jagex want to go into summoning in style. They want to give us little clues that its comming, then mini-games, then quests then the skill. It might have little quests where u have to learn the summoning spell, for example, from the WOM.

Theory 3:

He wants to destroy us all. lol. Hes working on a summoning spell and duplicating speel for the lesser demon in the mage tower. He will then break the cage and teleport. Leaving the lessers to destroy most of the NPC and noobs. Then all low levels go underground and high levels fight his followers and creatures, and he helps wif random hits. We can attack him but hes lvl 750 and rides a lesser demon. This will be the coolest one, a massive war in Runescape :D .Then 10,000 players have to combine their powers to destroy him.

Theory 4:

Hes a follower of zero, a spellmaker and made a new set of teleportation and summoning spells and attacks that he uses with his sara staff. hes a double agent, for sara, zero and the mages at the wizard tower.

He is very powerful and is couple of hitting massive amounts, due to his special spells.

Nice theories but its Zaros not zero and the war one is the coolest but most unlikely lol.

Proud Acolyte of the Ooc

userbaracolyteau6.png

userredkbglz3.png

There are a bunch of Saradomin statues in the White Knights' Castle, they point off somewhere.

The ones I've seen point to the west and far west in p2p lands is Isador correct? So maybe the elves know something about this?

Proud Acolyte of the Ooc

userbaracolyteau6.png

userredkbglz3.png

what about the most recent updates they said they were going to make about the ships...i'm not quite sure wat they are...i'm f2p, b/c one of the coordinates were in the middle of the water. :D

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

This is interesting, I hope you come up with a solution before the update.

Oh I'm sure we have, but I think due to our genius figuring out they CHANGED what they were going to do! Why else would it take so long to update? Because Jagex would NEVER want to admit that a few people on a forum somewhere actually figured it out, so they changed it to make us wrong. I know these type of people, even if we got EXACTLY what they were planing they would change it so we were wrong.

Great theories by the way, I love the terribly improbible one about the huge battle, but I'll add a twist: "And WOM will discover a way so that when you die you DON'T come back anywhere, you just stop existing so that people won't just continually come back and get him!"

nadsiggeh2cw3.png

If that is true, then according to the most recent update, the WOM is actually a vicious pirate trying to build a ship in the water by Draynor and raid, pillage, and plunder all over Runescape. Then he will shanghai some innocent players and make them slaves on his pirate ship. Hey, I can actually see Jagex doing that. It could even be the new random event they're talking about! :shock: Those fools. I'll bet they're watching this and saying, "Boy, we really threw those losers a curve!"

But I didn't post to say this. What I mean to say is that I'm going to throw a theory out here and see if it floats. What I was thinking about during school today (specifically during English because I don't do much thinking in that class otherwise) is that the WOM is not really an incarnation of Zaros, but is rather Zaros' #2 man. He may even be a demigod in disguise, but that's going a bit too far for now. He is under commands from Zaros to live in Misthalin for awhile and gather information on the followers of Zamorak and Saradomin, whom Zaros is currently plotting against. Anyway, the WOM has been "travelling" all over Gielinor, as he claims, but has actually been surveying and spying for Zaros, all the time keeping up a charade as an innocent old man. So, the WOM notices that most people in Gielinor know about magic and how it works, and also notices that magic is indeed a very powerful weapon. So he needs to get as many runes as possibile (through runecrafting). He will then report back to Zaros, who will raise an army of mages that will overrun Gielinor.

Just a thought.

By the way, I had no idea this would get up to 9 pages long. Don't blame me, although it is mostly my fault.

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

just a question for the autor of this thread.

I really like what you are doing, trying to solve it and so...

but i have a question:

in the beginning you make those equations (in standard notation)

but why do you take the bold numbers as coordinates,

why do you think you need those numbers?

aren't they just stupid numbers?

maybe if you took x=0 or y=0 you get coordinates who are correct...

just explain, why you conclude that those numbers are the coordinates...

maybe we don't need a perpendicular line through the old man's house,

but another line (defined by 2 positions, like, i dunno, maybe 2 statues, or i dunno),

these two lines (thus, also the line from womhouse and wizard tower) will than intersect at 1 point, and that will be the exact place

well, that is my question