Need Mining Information

JeRambo

Looking for some help with mining conc gold ore. *waits for Quyneax to post* ;)

-What is the fastest xp/hr? I've heard ~100k/hr with low alch, is this true?

-What would be the least laggy worlds (if any)

-What items to bring each trip, how many urns, etc

-Low alch or superheat? dropping? banking?

-Fastest banking?

Just wondering because I have 2 more levels to go and not much time (~4hrs a day with college) so I want the fastest rates so I can max soon.

I've never really done it fast ways (just yak with urns/adze)

Thanks.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Mousekey dropping, you don't need magic exp that you'd gain from superheating and you'd likely make 10x more money via any other method given your stats available to you. Least laggy world would be the one with the lowest ping, but not being on themed worlds could make it more frustrating to mine. Depending on how good you are at luring and trapping the LRCs, you might want to consider just using the themed worlds and run in safe mode/close other running programs/etc. IIRC with titan and urns you should be hitting 90k/hr but I'm not positive.

WHEN IN DOUBT WAIT FOR QUYNEAX.

hzvjpwS.gif

I've never used mouse-keys and don't really plan on it. Will that effect me dramatically?

Thanks for your advice, I appreciate it a lot. :)

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

world 88 is very good. enough people to be safe, but there's virtually no lag (and bots).

you can manage at least 75k xp/hr pure dropping, so low alch should definitely be higher, 100k doesn't sound too far-fetched in all honesty.

im not sure how long an urn lasts, but a juju mining pot tasks 20 minutes for all 4 doses, so form a ratio and plan accordingly, leaving about 4 spaces for your nature runes, coins, and ores, if you are low-alching.

if you can set up your mousekeys to superheat then drop the ores, id definitely say go with superheating. otherwise, i frankly think youre better off focusing completely on mining xp and doing smithing through assists/addy plates later, but that's my personal opinion.

Thank you, Zaaps.

I already have 99 smithing though and I don't use mousekeys. 75k/hr with just dropping sounds good, but that's titan right? I guess using a yak and filling it with urns isn't good.

I'll see how world 88 is later.

4K469.png

im not entirely sure how i missed that you were 99 smithing, lol.

yes id definitely say go with low alch then, because it is a ton faster and doesnt require mousekeys. in addition, it lets you make somewhat better use of your inventory space.

world 88 is very good. enough people to be safe, but there's virtually no lag (and bots).

you can manage at least 75k xp/hr pure dropping, so low alch should definitely be higher, 100k doesn't sound too far-fetched in all honesty.

im not sure how long an urn lasts, but a juju mining pot tasks 20 minutes for all 4 doses, so form a ratio and plan accordingly, leaving about 4 spaces for your nature runes, coins, and ores, if you are low-alching.

if you can set up your mousekeys to superheat then drop the ores, id definitely say go with superheating. otherwise, i frankly think youre better off focusing completely on mining xp and doing smithing through assists/addy plates later, but that's my personal opinion.

Hey you're in w88 too but not replying me .. ;)

4K469.png

At about 90k xp/hr (which is reasonable, 100k is a bit high) you'll use 24 urns per hour (might be up to 25-26 or so if you get lucky with no collapsing rocks), along with 3 mining potions (4) and one titan. I bring pickaxe/2 juju mining potions (4)/nature runes/gp/16 urns (and strange rock bag at times) (fire staff equipped), one lava titan pouch. I prefer to do 40 minutes at the time because I have to carry alch stuff as well, but if you can mine one/drop one with pickaxe equipped you might be able to last a full hour with 27 items at first (but it'd be a huge pain). Imo there's a better strategy, which involves suiciding next to a central gold rock carrying 28 urns (+ 3 items equipped that you protect over urns) and getting a bless. It's probably not faster than simply banking but it may be more convenient. With 28 urns in your grave, a titan summoned, a second pouch in your inventory & pickaxe/nats/gp, staff equipped, you could last about 40 urns easily (5 juju mining potions, 12 urns in inventory).

If you don't drop with mousekeys I'd recommend alching if only for convenience's sake. Without perfect dropping (drop and reclick rock within one tick) you'll lose xp.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Thank Quy. :) I might try that suicide option it sounds good. ;p

I was just using 3 jujus (4), and 20 urns yesterday and just dropping. Was getting around 90k/hr which I'm fine with. (getting full inv then dropping all)

I tried low alching but I found I could almost drop as fast

Thanks for the input, I'll try it out. ;p

4K469.png

I was just using 3 jujus (4), and 20 urns yesterday and just dropping. Was getting around 90k/hr which I'm fine with. (getting full inv then dropping all)

I tried low alching but I found I could drop just as fast so idk.

Unless I'm missing something, low alch has no delay whatsoever, while mining an inv then dropping should take around 10-20 seconds getting 0 mining xp, therefor alching should be a lot faster. You are mining continuously while alching correct i.e. clicking on rock once and alching ores as they come in without having to click rock again?

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Sorry to hijack the thread a little, but it is mining related. I was wondering with the superheat method, how excatly does that work? I click the rock, then get on the magic interface and superheat the ore as soon as I get one? Then reclick the rock quickly? If I were dropping the bars, would I do that after a full inventory, or as soon as I've got a few bars?

Thanks for the help.

Asmodean <3

Sorry to hijack the thread a little, but it is mining related. I was wondering with the superheat method, how excatly does that work? I click the rock, then get on the magic interface and superheat the ore as soon as I get one? Then reclick the rock quickly? If I were dropping the bars, would I do that after a full inventory, or as soon as I've got a few bars?

Thanks for the help.

Pretty much, you superheat the ores that you get as soon as possible and drop one before it switches back to the spellbook. This is a great video showing the method, but it is with mousekeys. It's possible to do it without them, but it's much harder.

Said video:

All hail Foot. :)

terravir.png

[hide]

I tried low alching but I found I could drop just as fast so idk.

Unless I'm missing something, low alch has no delay whatsoever, while mining an inv then dropping should take around 10-20 seconds getting 0 mining xp, therefor alching should be a lot faster. You are mining continuously while alching correct i.e. clicking on rock once and alching ores as they come in without having to click rock again?

[/hide]

Almost as fast* sorry. :)

4K469.png

As far as concentrated gold goes, superheat>low alch>dropping. Low alch would be faster xp, but ofc superheat gives more magic and smithing xp, so it's worth it. Dropping isn't terribly bad if you have a rune pick, because its cooldown is the same as the initial cooldown. A dragon pick essentially becomes a rune pick if you decide to drop, which is why it's important to not lose mining turns. If you absolutely have to drop, iirc, you can drop 3 ores in 1 tick if you line them up vertically. If my math is correct, you'll only lose 1 out of every 7 ticks using that method.

Interesting! Thanks you :P

4K469.png