14-Oct-2011 - The Dead Walk!

The Observer

The world of Gielinor has been plagued by sightings of ghastly monstrosities rising forth from the ground and terrorising the living. We've seen hands that crawl without a body and there have been sightings of strange, shambling forms disappearing into the darkness.

Our sages have divined that these occurrences can mean only one thing... As the veil between worlds thins over the Halloween period, the dead are rising from their graves to terrorise the living!

These strikes can happen anywhere, on any world and at any time. The sages augur that as we approach All Hallows Eve we will see the power of the unquiet dead grow, from the crawling hands seen recently, to shambling, dangerous zombies in the weeks leading up to Halloween. The scrying pools grow dark and our seers dare not delve into events surrounding Halloween itself; all we know is that whatever manifests will be truly terrible.

The dead want nothing more than to possess the living and have another chance at life. We must not let this happen!

We need your help to stop the undead from breaking in to RuneScape. They will appear randomly, but hands will usually break through first, to open the gateway for more powerful undead. The hands are of no threat and can only exist in our realm briefly, but those that follow must be destroyed!

Help us to wipe out the zombie infestation by keeping a watchful eye out and alerting allies to your cause when they start to appear. Join our Friends Chat, 'UndeadTracks', to communicate with your fellow undead hunters, and follow the fight on the official forum thread.

Mod Crow & Mod Kathy

j0xPu5R.png

I get the feeling I won't be able to get into either friend chat. I was at the last zombie event he year prior and people habitually made false calls in the clan chats of zombie attacks.

It would've been nice if certain NPCs called out the zombie attacks instead. It would encourage more activity for these events.

I don't really understand what this is. Can someone explain it to me?

93/99 Fishing --- 22/74 Summoning

I'll achieve my goals, even if I have to crawl towards them.

Always accepting donations of living minerals, fishing urns, granite crab pouches, etc.

[hide=Thanks to]Silvermist82, Byzantus, Eka-iridium, emers8529, Octarine, A Local Guy, ezeeipancake, and Thor ls Here[/hide]

Hm, I'm going to have some fun with this...

I like the idea of unofficial Falador zombie guard of World 42.

To Doing_Alrigh: Runescape is overrun with zombies. They will show up about anywhere at any time.

Don't worry, Mod_Crow said they're unagressive. I'll be hiring a team of Falador guards to help on world 42...

Supporter of Treasure Trails and can't stand non-matching armor.

What level are there zombies, and do you get anything from killing them?

It's a neat idea for Halloween, I just want to know if you unlock any emote/item for participating or if it's just purely for fun.