Herb seed droppes

Neohero1972

Hi

As I'm running low of herb seeds to plant and the Grand Exchange prices on these seems to have soared through the roof, then I would like to know which monsters to kill for herb seeds like: Cadantine, Lantadyme and Dwarf Weed ?

I'm not interested in killing boss monsters.

Aberrant spectres and Nechrayels are pretty much the source of all my herb seeds. I don't boss hunt so no idea there, sorry.

Siobhana.jpeg

Siobhana.png

Siobhana.png

Ty Jeppoz for making it. Thx to the Pup for finding it after it got lost :D And thx to Kill_Life and Turtle for the ava.

Stoltenberg, 22/7-11: "We will retaliate with more democracy" In remembrance of Oslo/Utøya. May we never forget, nor be pulled down to the level of the beast

Hi

Thank you all for replying.

I'm surprised that you all recommend Abberant Spectres as I thought they were only great for grimy herbs and not for seeds.

Anyway, I'm going to give the Abberant Spectres a try.

My favourite has always been Turoths as they drop a relatively good assortment of both grimy herbs and seeds if my memory serves me well !

Cannoning dagganoths also gives a few seeds but Spectres are the best option option. I believe MTK can also give you seeds if you set it to herbs. Have you also bought the scroll of life, if you haven't then you definitely should, saves quite a bit of seeds.

Cannoning dagganoths also gives a few seeds but Spectres are the best option option. I believe MTK can also give you seeds if you set it to herbs. Have you also bought the scroll of life, if you haven't then you definitely should, saves quite a bit of seeds.

The Scroll of Life is actually the very next item on my dung reward wishlist !

I believe MTK can also give you seeds if you set it to herbs.

I can confirm that doing this is not worthwhile at all. For a week's worth of collection, I typically get like 2-3 seeds that are worth any money at all (this threshold being worth above 1k)

Guest jrhairychest

Cadantine seeds cost next to nothing in the G.E. I'd compare the herb prices against the seed prices. Last I looked a lantadyme seed was 11.5k and the herb was 5.5k so you'd be well flogging a few herbs to cover costs and use the rest for yourself.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=txtcw4j8vzNdbFnGA6BQ3vg&output=html

This is a spreadsheet where you can see the profit of each herb. I've found this in Surpeme Skiller's forums, the creator of this spreadsheet is Join Uko, so thanks to him for this great spreadsheet, which is very helpful. I hope nobody (especially Join Uko) from the Supreme Skiller's members mind if I post the link to the spreadsheet here.

Cadantine seeds cost next to nothing in the G.E. I'd compare the herb prices against the seed prices. Last I looked a lantadyme seed was 11.5k and the herb was 5.5k so you'd be well flogging a few herbs to cover costs and use the rest for yourself.

Hi

Since the Bot-Nuke marketprices on the Grand Exchange don't really reflect what the true price for an items is !

I have tried to buy seeds for over a week now and eventhough I adjust my buy-offer to or a little above the market price my orders still won't fill !

I hope this supply/demand issue will correct itself in the comming weeks, but until this happens I have to find other ways of getting the seeds I need.

Most seeds are going for around double the GE price last time I checked. Just up your offers, the herb prices are doing the same thing so your profits will still be good.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Your thieving level isn't too bad, you could also consider picking master farmers (yeah, I know this isn't "killing monsters" but it's an alternative :P) with gloves of silence + ardy cape. It's certainly less pricy than having to cannon specs (cb prices will continue to climb for a while).

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

Your thieving level isn't too bad, you could also consider picking master farmers (yeah, I know this isn't "killing monsters" but it's an alternative :P) with gloves of silence + ardy cape. It's certainly less pricy than having to cannon specs (cb prices will continue to climb for a while).

Hi

Pickpocketing master farmers is absolutely out of the question :shame: as I would tons of seeds I don't need and only a very small amount of the seeds I need.

From my experience master farmers are really bad seed droppers when it come to higher level seeds - though as far as I recall I think I got a Torstol seed from the master farmer in ardy !

But as you said it is an alternative :rolleyes:

Guest jrhairychest

Hi

Since the Bot-Nuke marketprices on the Grand Exchange don't really reflect what the true price for an items is !

I have tried to buy seeds for over a week now and eventhough I adjust my buy-offer to or a little above the market price my orders still won't fill !

I hope this supply/demand issue will correct itself in the comming weeks, but until this happens I have to find other ways of getting the seeds I need.

I don't seem to have any issues personally and I have been buying up a fair few seeds in various quantities lately. It only buys in increments of 100 and I'm in the habit of offering a little over the odds on the G.E price. The thieving advice given to you isn't a bad idea either as an alternative.

Actually, you can fill your inventory with the seeds that you want, and the remaining slots with placeholder items (I recommend just filling them with gloves of silence since yours will degrade anyways). This makes it so that if you pickpocket any seeds that aren't already in your invo, you will still get the xp but not the seed. Hence, you can save a lot of time because then you're still getting regular experience but you only get the seeds that you want :D

Hi

From my experience master farmers isn't that great for higher quality herb seeds - I usually get lots of Tarromin seeds, a few Harrlander and Toadflax seeds, but that's just about it (maybe I have just been unlucky...)

I'm looking for seeds starting from Cadantine and better and these are semi-rare drops from my experience.

btw, I wasn't aware that I could fill my backpack with seeds as placeholders and the rest of the empty space with junk and then only get these seeds I want into my backpack.

Maybe I should try this method some day soon...

Hi

From my experience master farmers isn't that great for higher quality herb seeds - I usually get lots of Tarromin seeds, a few Harrlander and Toadflax seeds, but that's just about it (maybe I have just been unlucky...)

I'm looking for seeds starting from Cadantine and better and these are semi-rare drops from my experience.

btw, I wasn't aware that I could fill my backpack with seeds as placeholders and the rest of the empty space with junk and then only get these seeds I want into my backpack.

When this was still a fairly decent way to make money (torstols were like 300k+ and snaps were about 60k iirc), I used to pull in about 400k-500k worth of seeds every hour. The drop rates are not amazing, but they aren't too terrible either :P

Guest jrhairychest

When this was still a fairly decent way to make money (torstols were like 300k+ and snaps were about 60k iirc), I used to pull in about 400k-500k worth of seeds every hour. The drop rates are not amazing, but they aren't too terrible either :P

Agreed. That's why I've got 36m thieving XP and a reasonable cash pile. With the bots gone don't be suprised if thieving becomes a viable option for cash flow again.

Hi

Hmmm, if you used to make that kind of money per hour picking master farmers then it still mean that you only got like one Torstol + a few other high value herb seeds during one hour of thieving.

I must say that I find it wayyy too slow a method to get the seeds I need for farming - maybe it is a viable method for making a bit of money, but if it is done to get seeds for farming then it is just to slow.

If you're interested in Wergali seeds, Giant Ant Soldiers in the Chaos Tunnels drop them pretty frequently.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.