Advice for new P2P?

AtoZed

I've recently bought a 6 month subscription to RS and I spent the better part of last week exploring and doing the odd couple of quests that were suggested to be done in the New P2P guide on the site.

I was wondering would there be any other quests/activitiess not specified in the guide that should be done as soon as possible?

My stats can be found on the official RS highscores by searching "A to Zed", I know they leave a lot to be desired but I'm working on them. I plan on getting all of to at least 40+ before focusing on specifically training a single skill or if anyone has suggestions on what level I should raise a certain skill to I'd also take that into consideration.

(As of now my construction, summoning and hunter levels are all 9)

I also don't have a lot of money to throw around but it shouldn't be too big of a problem.

Anyways any suggestion would greatly be appreciated ^^

Also on a side note - would anyone be willing to help me get boost the Karamja task of becoming the champion of the fight pits?

I think you are still in super exploring mode so try to finish all easy/beginner tasks?

Not sure what the levels are, but look into manage thy kingdom, that is a constant source of free income.

I think you are still in super exploring mode so try to finish all easy/beginner tasks?

Not sure what the levels are, but look into manage thy kingdom, that is a constant source of free income.

I've been doing a couple of the tasks everytime I've had to drop by a certain area although would you suggest any particular task set to be finished before any others? I guess I'll also look into getting the requirements needed for manage thy kingdom.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

If this is a main account you're building, I suggest you simply go to the quest list page and order it by "length". Then do all the short ones that you can, and progress on until you have a lot of the core ones that allow things like dragon items, access to certain areas, special items/places, and lastly - specific experiences you want.

Now, if this is more of a pk-orientated account, where you want to build a certain way, then it would narrow down what you should and shouldn't do.

All this aside, I think you should specifically skill something until you get bored of it. When you have a specific skill you find fun, inevitably you will start to develop interests in: "accesses to certain areas, special items/places, and lastly specific experiences", that I mentioned before. Except, this time, you can use the skill you want to train most as a reference point.

Another reason quests are good: XP rewards are more valuable at low levels. For example, Tourist Trap is worth just under 2 hours of agility training at the Gnome course if you do it at level 1, so you save more time than it actually takes to do the quest--it's more efficient than real training. If you wait to lv55, though, you'd only be saving about 15 minutes at the Wildy course--not nearly as good a deal.

So the sooner you do quests, the more efficient it is to do them.

I would not recommend going for any single stat until you have multiple stats in the 90s.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Dungeoneering is a good stat to train from an early level. Everything in the dungeons is level related, so nothing will be too high for you, and you'll get roughly the same xp as a level 138 would.

Solo till about level 60. From there, try to find teams. You'll still be very low level compared to your team mates, and the monsters will be based on the team average, so much higher level. Since you won't do much combat-wise, you should try to make yourself useful by making food and healing team mates. Just be likable and they'll keep you along, leading to awesome xp at the end of the dungeons.

Right now, combat is where the money is. All skills give a lot less money than a person with high combat skills can make. This has always been true and i don't think it will ever change, so start working on your combat skills if you want to make money.

CNqWHdA.jpg

(Almost) everything with repeatable rewards is good. For example:

• Tears of Guthix quest unlocks a minigame which gives exp in your lowest skill weekly. The quest itself is the shortest P2P quest, it takes just two minutes if you have the items ready.
  • Throne of Miscellania quest unlocks another minigame, the above-mentioned Manage Thy Kingdom, which gives rewards, such as coal, fish or herbs daily. It's easily 100k-200k per day.
  • Hand in the Sand quest allows you to get 84 free buckets of sand daily. That's around 20k per day at current prices.

As mentioned before, quests are very useful to do, as many of them give useful rewards. Tasks are great too. I recommend doing Varrock tasks first, as the Varrock armour is very useful for mining and smelting and allows you to switch Varrock teleport to GE, which can be quite nice. Ardougne cloak can be useful for its stats. Fremennik tasks give more xp than others.

There are two P2P skills I find more useful than others: slayer and farming.

Slayer because it gives you access to monsters with great drops. Even at low levels you have monsters like banshees (lots of herbs and pure essence). It's also a good way of training combat.

Farming because it's awesome profit at higher levels, and the best thing is that it doesn't stop you from doing something else. You can harvest your herbs and plant new seeds every hour and a half or so and get 100k+ profit every time. It's very slow to train, but well worth it. A good way to start is to do the quest Fairy Tale part 1, the experience reward gives you level 19.

A few random things that may help:

• Make sure to pick up all the summoning charms you get from monsters. Summoning is very fast to train once you have charms, but collecting them takes time.
  • Stealing Creation minigame gives you tools which give double experience for skills for a while. If you find the minigame fun, you can collect some tools there. Especially hammers are excellent, as they save you a ton of money when you train construction.
  • Barbarian Assault minigame gives you a horn which gives you double exp in agility, mining and firemaking. The horn lasts for quite a while too (much longer than SC tools), so you may want to get it if you find those three skills boring.
  • If you haven't done it yet, talk to Larry in Ardougne zoo. This allows you to search penguins for penguin points, which get you experience in a skill of your choice. Doing the Cold War quest allows you to get more points. Penguins reset weekly.

I know the list's quite long, but you don't have to try everything right now. Just do whatever you find fun. I still recommend doing Throne of Miscellania as soon as you can; it can make you 1m per week and you can collect the rewards whenever you want.