70-80 Farming

Singh

Do snapdragon runs regularly. If you haven't already, make sure you finish My Arm's Big Adventure to get access to a 5th patch.

Daily pineapple and maple tree runs aren't a bad idea either, though this depends on how soon you want 80 farming. The price of seeds should be covered by your herb runs.

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

I can tell you what I've done to get my Farm from 80 to 99, but this requires you to have done Hard (or even Elite) Varrock Diary. You go to Naff, the battlestaff salesman in the Varrock Center, buy all the battlestaves, go to GE, sell the battlestaves withatleast 1k profit per staff. If you have done the Hard Varrock Diary, you can buy 64, if you've done the Elite one, you can buy 128 (?), so you can get a minimun of 64k profit from that. If we also add the profit from the herb runs you do (you should do them!), then I think that you'd have atleast 100k profit just from herb runs and battlestaves.

With 100k, you willow seeds, pineapple seeds and calquat seeds. Yes, this is how I got 99 Farming, with willow trees, pineapple and calquat trees. And of course, herb runs. :) This may take long, but 70-80 shouldn't take that long.

You can get it in ~20 days and profit ~5m if you do 4x snapdragon runs a day and plant calquat +2x maple tree runs a day.

If you do another snap run, you can get it 8 days faster by adding a papaya tree run (including jadinko patch).. profits of about ~3m.

Note that these calculations are assuming you have juju, which I assume you do not. It's much less profit (about half) without juju and so:

#1 will be only 1m profit and #2 will lose 1m.

If you plan on getting a high farm level, it is a worthwhile investment as you can see.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

I bought Papaya seeds when they were freefalling and since then I have been getting an experience rate at 2gp/xp. Do not bother with tree runs if you are low on cash. There is no point doing maples, especially since yews are more xp for less than 1 gp/xp. I stopped bothering with tree runs when I found out how little the xp gains were for the cost. Now days all I do is papaya + calquat. When I end up with 99 farming, I will only have spent around 20-25mil. I gain about 50k xp per day, which is enough for me seeing as it will take me a lot longer to max out anyway. I can take my time in farming.

Don't bother with willows either, cheap but slow experience. I have to start doing herb runs though, those all well worth doing.

I do one farming run per day which isn't longer than 10min at the most.

I bought Papaya seeds when they were freefalling and since then I have been getting an experience rate at 2gp/xp. Do not bother with tree runs if you are low on cash. There is no point doing maples, especially since yews are more xp for less than 1 gp/xp. I stopped bothering with tree runs when I found out how little the xp gains were for the cost. Now days all I do is papaya + calquat. When I end up with 99 farming, I will only have spent around 20-25mil. I gain about 50k xp per day, which is enough for me seeing as it will take me a lot longer to max out anyway. I can take my time in farming.

Don't bother with willows either, cheap but slow experience. I have to start doing herb runs though, those all well worth doing.

I do one farming run per day which isn't longer than 10min at the most.

Yeah, yews (not paying the farmer) are very close in gp/xp to maples. I used maples since you'll profit 1m instead of losing 4.5m at the expense of it taking about 5 days longer. Obviously, you'll profit the 1m and then some if you continue farming snapdragons solely for the remaining 5 days.

Eh, depends on how he values his time. He asked for best/most efficient then stated he would like to make some money if possible...

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

If you want it as fast as possible, you do the best Trees as possible (Normal & Fruit). Do Watermelons (Plant Nasturtium flowers also, to ensure they grow) and the best Herbs possible. I did 50-99 Farming in 60 days, 70-80 in 20 days is just crazy. Also do Livid Farm (As stated above) -- Just farm. Don't do anything else if you want 80 efficiently. So Livid Farm -> Herb/Watermelon Runs -> Tree runs twice daily, incl. Calquat.

Good luck!

Worry about making money once you hit 80, that is, if you want it ASAP.

RIP Michaelangelopolous