Some questions

A_Gardener

I have a few questions...

1) What should my block-list look like? I use Kuradal and am currently 78 slayer, with 6 open 'slots' to block tasks.

2) What would be the best way to train summoning in the future (from now until 99 I guess)? I'll be using slayer to collect charms, while using 3x charm bonus on rock lobsters if I have a deficit of crimsons.

3) Now that I am 80 hunter, should I move straight to draconic jadinkos, or stick with common for a while? I do have Zamorak's favour potions if that makes any difference.

4) Would PP or knife-fighters be the quickest way to train Thieving?

5) Though I'll be able to boost to advanced gnome course (once I hit 80 agility), is it worth the hassle of having to re-boost every minute or so, or should I stick to Ape Atoll?

6) Could frost dragons be a viable way to make money, given that I don't have access to extremes/yak?

Thanks, I know there's a lot there :/

Here is what mine looks like

1)Living Rock

2)Tzhaar

3)Jungle strykewyrms

4)Desert strykewyrms

5)Wyerns

6)Spiritual Mages

I tend to also skip these tasks due to boredom and lack of good charm drops/just annoying tasks in general; fire giants, gargs, Mutated jadinkos, Warped Tortoises, hellhounds, and some others i cant think off. Essentially do all tasks that are good effigies and charms, skip/block the rest.

Oops there is one other question i can answer, failure rate at gnome is pretty high at 85 agility so don't get too discouraged if you fail a lot, but i will attest it is absolutely worth getting out of ape atoll at 80 agility. So yes gnome as soon as you reach 80.

1) What should my block-list look like? I use Kuradal and am currently 78 slayer, with 6 open 'slots' to block tasks.

2) What would be the best way to train summoning in the future (from now until 99 I guess)? I'll be using slayer to collect charms, while using 3x charm bonus on rock lobsters if I have a deficit of crimsons.

3) Now that I am 80 hunter, should I move straight to draconic jadinkos, or stick with common for a while? I do have Zamorak's favour potions if that makes any difference.

5) Though I'll be able to boost to advanced gnome course (once I hit 80 agility), is it worth the hassle of having to re-boost every minute or so, or should I stick to Ape Atoll?

6) Could frost dragons be a viable way to make money, given that I don't have access to extremes/yak?

1) This is a hard question to answer. My own block list is as follows: Jungle Strykewyrm. Desert Strykewyrm, Gargoyles, Living rock creatures, Abyssal demons and spiritual mages. In addition I block warped torts, fire giants, and the lower levelled stuff in mage slayer dungeon.

But what you should block is hard to say because we don't know what you're out after. Is magic xp valuable? Do you want more Effigies? Charms? Do you Cannon. (I guess someone else could answer better)

2)Slayer for charms will make care of alot, 3x charms is a good idea (even though I'm almost never bothered)

Also, tormented demons and glacors have a high charm drop rate, in addition to being quite profitable. (although for glacors you'd need either 95 magic or ovl's first)

3) move straight do draconics. They inhabit the same area as commons, so you will catch both of them.

4) Knife fighters are more xp/h, but take into account your ability to stay focused, as it's more clicking, and more brain-less clicking than in PP.

5) Start with gnome at level 80. It's not worse than clicking a pie right before climbing the obstacle that requires agil. The first level goes fast, and after that it's not even a hassle.

6) Can't really answer this one, as I've never really killed them. I know though that the loss of a yak makes banking take a lot more time. Someone else will probably answer this.

I can't offer opinions on all of your questions but I'll throw my two cents in.

With regards to Q4, I got 99 thieving about 5 years ago by doing pyramid plunder, and I thought it was pretty fast xp and not too tedious. I have heard recently that the monkey thieving is really good xp/hour, haven't personally tried it though. It depends on what you prefer, you might want to swap between them so it doesn't get boring. You don't want to burn yourself out and end up hating the skill. :lol:

Q5 - personally, I would say this is far too much hassle, given that there's a high chance that you'll fail the obstacles on the advanced course. I would rather go for the reliable ape atoll course until I could do the advanced course without pots.

Q6 - I imagine that frost dragons are a pretty good way to make money even if you don't have yak/extremes, even more so if you gather your own resources rather than buying them. Your kills will be a little slower, but the profit is still there to be made.

Even though you've asked everyone's advice here, in the end it's your play style that counts and what works for one person may not be fun for you. :^_^:

1) It does depend on what secondary experience you want. For maxing out quickly, block: Abyssal demons, desert strykewyrms, jungle strykewyrms, gargoyles, fire giants, warped tortoises and keep aquanites locked.

2) Save blues until 89 summoning for geyser titans. Try to level on greens and golds (fruit bat & barker toad) until you can't take it anymore, then make rock lobsters, swamp titans, iron titans and pack yaks (highest you can).

3) Yes.

4) Monkey knife fighters.

5) Yes.

6) Yes.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I know it's probably repetitive at this point; but, even if my input only reaffirms what you've already heard, I hope it's useful. :)

1) I'd lean towards blocking: Fire giants, Strykewyrms, Kalphites, Dragons if you lack a chaotic weapon.

2) Most people argue that using only Crimsons and Blues is most efficient, though if your doing slayer, keep them all.

3) Attract Draconic Jadinkos as well, Zamorak's favours are more than useful. Also use hunter potions and an arctic bear if you can.(You'll attract both Common and Draconian)

4) Knife-fights is, I believe, technically quicker; though I use Pyramid Plunders simply because it can be endured for longer (but if you can do knife-fighters, go for it).

5) I'd stick at Ape Atol until 83, then you can boost to 88, which gives you 100% success. You may want to get your 250 laps for the agile legs now though.

6) I don't have access to these, so I might not be the best source, though they are definitely profitable, even without a yak/extremes.

Jijilentosmi.gif

2) Train on pouches you will either use, sell, swap and get you good xp/charm. There really aren't that many options. Just decide on what you think is the best gp/xp option and do that. Personally, I've been putting my choice exp into Summoning (pengs, Jack of Trades, Trolls) and it is about 100k free xp per week.

4) people say knife-fighters, I got my lvl before those existed by blackjacking Menaphites while watcuhing tv

5) Gaining more agility levels will never hurt you beyond the time you put into those levels. I've had lvl 99 for many years because I wanted to always be able to run

I've never seen Sixth Sense nor Inception nor many other popular movies and I intend to keep it that way.

I block what I dont feel like doing, Currently blocked:

Kalphites

Skeletal Wyverns

Scarabites

Mutated Jadinkos

and 1 more I can't remember off the top of my head

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)