Crossroads

archimage_a

Sorry for my inactivity Archi. I should be joining again within the next session or so. Been too busy lately to set aside some time outside of school, daily activities and Dark Souls. So if you want, please PM me what all I've missed(summary is fine if you don't feel like typing a lot). :)

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think an absolutely massive amount of story has happened...

Party(minus Jen, Hakon, Arrina and Mask) arrived at Lightgate, respawn point in the Church (since Ico got friendly(not a euphamism) with the Holy Father, more than 'ITS A CHURCH')

Children were returned to their father.

Aeon killed the Blacksmith, and was subsequently killed.

Jen's group (since Jen is easier to type by one letter) have gone through 4 different camps of their own making, usually because something goes horribly wrong and they nearly die.

Earth's group (Nexurado, Earth and Stork(your fellow mod since I can't spell his current name and John probably would mean nothing to you)) have taken up residency in a field that was mysteriously burned down.

Ico has done some Questing in Lightgate, discovering the secret of the Graveyard and now is heading off to a Monestary. (Not sure which, Ico?)

Ross has arrived in Caster and brought a bounty hunter's licence and has 'liberated' a farmstead.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

While I'm the blacksmith and such. I make wagons and buildings too.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

We've also been up to some shenanigans. Sufficient to say, we've been the ones making the most discoveries and overall progress regarding magic.

You don't say? Like what?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

It's a magical farmstead.

Invisible from the outside. You're free to use it if you so wish, just find me in Caster and we can talk. Don't do anything stupid, I don't need my reputation of efficiency ruined.

Oh, and don't go into the wine cellar. It's where I'm keeping my collection.

It's a magical farmstead.

Invisible from the outside. You're free to use it if you so wish, just find me in Caster and we can talk. Don't do anything stupid, I don't need my reputation of efficiency ruined.

Oh, and don't go into the wine cellar. It's where I'm keeping my collection.

I feel like it would be a cool place to have, but it would also attract the wrong sort of attention. Rivals, bounty hunters and wizards who didn't get the memo, tax collectors, clients, door-to-door salesmen/missionaries... The list goes on. Not unlike how the constant danger and competitive environment of Jen's cove, along with her vendetta against the ubiquitous bandits, presents more of an obstacle to my simple research than a calmer environment would.

In the end, I'm much more comfortable at the center of my little blast radius in the forest. From what Archi says, it's quite out-of-the-way, and no one is going to be eager to visit the site of such a blaze. A good temporary staging grounds and resource point.

Fura, if you choose to join up with the other groups, I recommend you make the choice that you feel most comfortable with.

In terms of magic: Jen's group encourages direct and active experimentation, whereas mine seems more focused on theoretical applications and technicalities, Ross seems fairly open so long as you're discreet and don't have a bounty on your head, and I think Benedict would brutally murder you if he saw you using magic.

In terms of questing: Benedict is the most active storyline-based quester, whereas Ross is more for directly practical quests such as his bounties, my group's first quest is going to be one of discovery, and Jen's doesn't seem to do much but come up with random applications of magic to further their skill points.

In terms of power: Jen's group currently contains the two most powerful players in the game with regards to skills, whereas Ross has far and away demonstrated the greatest combat prowess and possesses the most monetary wealth, Benedict has fairly good potential and church alliances, and my group is shaping up to compose the producers and innovators of the group.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I feel like it would be a cool place to have, but it would also attract the wrong sort of attention. Rivals, bounty hunters and wizards who didn't get the memo, tax collectors, clients, door-to-door salesmen/missionaries... The list goes on. Not unlike how the constant danger and competitive environment of Jen's cove, along with her vendetta against the ubiquitous bandits, presents more of an obstacle to my simple research than a calmer environment would.

this-writes-itself.jpg

Fura, if you choose to join up with the other groups, I recommend you make the choice that you feel most comfortable with.

In terms of magic: Jen's group encourages direct and active experimentation, whereas mine seems more focused on theoretical applications and technicalities, Ross seems fairly open so long as you're discreet and don't have a bounty on your head, and I think Benedict would brutally murder you if he saw you using magic.

In terms of questing: Benedict is the most active storyline-based quester, whereas Ross is more for directly practical quests such as his bounties, my group's first quest is going to be one of discovery, and Jen's doesn't seem to do much but come up with random applications of magic to further their skill points.

In terms of power: Jen's group currently contains the two most powerful players in the game with regards to skills, whereas Ross has far and away demonstrated the greatest combat prowess and possesses the most monetary wealth, Benedict has fairly good potential and church alliances, and my group is shaping up to compose the producers and innovators of the group.

I doubt Benedict would kill my character. We two were the two laid back ones working together with the kids before I quit. I'll probably just go wherever depending on how archi decides to reintroduce my character from whatever slumber. :P

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

From what I can tell, Benedict has sworn to kill all ye blasphemous mages.

Also, you can always look some of us up. :)

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Iey, if you decide something then let me know, otherwise I will have you arrive next to Benedict, if that is ok.

That's perfectly ok.

@Nex, that may be true, but he kinda already knew beforehand that I have some sort of magical trait I'm hiding. (I haven't actually used it yet)

Lqt9R.png

Iey, if you decide something then let me know, otherwise I will have you arrive next to Benedict, if that is ok.

That's perfectly ok.

@Nex, that may be true, but he kinda already knew beforehand that I have some sort of magical trait I'm hiding. (I haven't actually used it yet)

Good luck, then. Don't let his mace touch you, it makes magic users and anyone God doesn't particularly like explode messily.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Actually we've been aiming towards one single goal, though not all of what we've done has been working towards it, most of it has been preparations for it.

And as for the shenanigans, they involve improving combat proficiency, mobility and survival-related knowledge. If everyone here was to face the same enemy/army alone, I'd be the one with the best chance of survival, if I'm not wounded prior to encountering it that is.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Actually we've been aiming towards one single goal, though not all of what we've done has been working towards it, most of it has been preparations for it.

And as for the shenanigans, they involve improving combat proficiency, mobility and survival-related knowledge. If everyone here was to face the same enemy/army alone, I'd be the one with the best chance of survival, if I'm not wounded prior to encountering it that is.

Unless they had archers. You specialize only in pits, yes?

And God forbid they should have any of those devilspawn called mages, almost anyone here for example. :rolleyes:

From what I understand, your 'combat proficiency' and 'survival-related knowledge' consists mostly of dealing yourselves grievous personal injury, along with accidentally causing normally non-combustible materials to explode in a manner spectacularly dangerous to anyone but your opponent almost every time you roll a one.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

When I read your (Nex) summary on the various players, I thought we have a pretty good group if we had to tackle a common enemy.

I mean, that seems to be a pretty big "if", but it's good that we went for diverse things so in the event someone had to summon a band of "heroes" (aka morally ambivalent murderers), we could team up to do something about it.

---

Also, I did not consider that the bandits might have some mages (or alternatively, some of the "magic" that isn't really magic) in their ranks. Perhaps more preparation is necessary.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Nex, far as I know, a bow is useless when you're covered neck-deep in the ground. Because you know my specialization isn't making pitfalls, it's getting people truly swallowed into the ground. Also no, stray arrows aren't that dangerous when you're covered in armor and can't bleed.

You see you don't get any sort of bonus power through honor by not training, you're on your own with only what you've got to show for yourself. And me, I prefer for that to amount to something. What I do is not blind powergaming like you claim it is, it's preparation.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

People claiming they're the strongest most of the time because their session pretty much go like this:

>I use spam move A on this

>Walk down road and see tree

>Walk into forest and see bear

>Spam move A

>Bears

>SPAM MOVE A

>Probably after spamming the pretty much the same action for a while and gaining lots of skills

>Lul what's my skill level

>+4.00 above the rest because I just spent the entire session using the same skill without any form of reason

And I can almost guaruntee that 'experiment' is just "I JUST WORKED OUT I CAN DO OTHER STUFF WITH MY SKILL INSTEAD OF JUST A BOLT OF MAGIC? OH HOLY HELL!!!!"

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

There really is no 'best' way to play.

As to the strongest character...

I doubt there is one. I think everyone, with the possible exception of Mather, could be killed by a single lucky roll.

And Mather, I will state this, just so you are fully aware. Your ability to swallow up people is limited to quite a small area, about 1 cubic meter. You cannot walk into a bandit camp and swallow it whole.

People claiming they're the strongest most of the time because their session pretty much go like this:

>Walk down road and see tree

>Walk into forest and see bear

>Spam move A

>Bears

>SPAM MOVE A

>Probably after spamming the pretty much the same action for a while and gaining lots of skills

>Lul what's my skill level

>+4.00 above the rest because I just spent the entire session using the same skill without any form of reason

And I can almost guaruntee that 'experiment' is just "I JUST WORKED OUT I CAN DO OTHER STUFF WITH MY SKILL INSTEAD OF JUST A BOLT OF MAGIC? OH HOLY HELL!!!!"

Actually the only time I spend time spamming the same thing is because that's the only thing I can do without rare prerequisites being met (such as how channeling mana is the only way to train soul magic that I know of that doesn't require an unconcious creature to be nearby), or when I practice doing one specific thing with the intent of improving in that one thing (levitating a rock). The rest of the time I experiment with such things as what happens if I do this with a quartz crystal with this sort of energy in it or the nearly catastrophical "Håkon attempts to blow up the stone wall". That latter succeeded by the way, and it was only by sheer luck we all dodged the shrapnel.

Also I tried and failed to control use magic earthbender-style, make a mineshaft, find ores by tearing the ground open, create an earth staff made of granite with a quartz head (it blew up), make the grenade shaped quartz crystal blow up.

Of non-earth magic things I've failed to communicate with fish (because I don't speak fish), learn flight, create a wand that automatically charges crystals with souls.

I take pride in ingenuity when I train, rather than just look for different ways to attack, I figure out things that are useful outside of combat as well. Such as a certain fast way to move by foot.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Wait, how did you make a Soulcraft-based wand? It shouldn't be possible at your level, unless you got insanely lucky or it's not as powerful as you seem to be implying.

Beyond that, I have only one word for all your high-and-mighty-ness. And you can't have it. ;)

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I didn't, I think it's trying to use whatever power there's in the gem that I put in its slot rather than transfer the energy I absorb to it.

Doesn't explain the crack though. When I made it, there suddenly burst forth a huge crack in it.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

/Join #Inn tavern

/Join #Cove tavern

/Join #Forestfire tavern

/Join #Lightgate tavern

Also /Join #Inn_Discussion

Benedict, if Iey is going to be joining you then it makes sense that you use Lightgate, even though you are off traveling.

Choir shall make me late.

'Tis a choir computer I'm posting from.

RIP Dawngate ;-;