Herblore and BXPW help

That_Brown_Kid

currently have like 50-55m.

Looking to get 85, 88, or 92 herblore.

I have 66 now and about 67-68 banked. Im farming toadflax atm.

Just wondering how much it would take to get melee extremes, all extremes, or overloads?

Would it be possible for me to reach one, two, or all of these levels with the current amount of money i have? will get scroll of cleansing soon.

Maybe I should make super restore (3)s? they are cheap according to the spreadsheets, but do they sell?

What's the feasibility of making 65k summoning potions? Do they sell at all? Compared to using bandos (ourg) bones for 70-95 prayer at a gilded altar, how intense is the grind of my herb level to 85/88/92?

I'm just not sure what to make with the money I have to get exts/all exts/ or ovls.

Thanks!

Agent_G_F.png

I don't believe summoning potions sell very fast. I usually have to pay way over the price to buy 1, demand isn't very high, but no one makes them. Also, consider that you can't easily buy the wergali herbs quickly, as, once again the supply isn't very high.

I think you can get 92 with that, but honestly I don't know. Try using a calculator to figure supplies then assume 10% higher than the market price (to give some leeway)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

To be fair, I make Summoning pots, but I keep them for myself, LOL.

I am terrible when it comes to working out all the math and cash. Really. It makes my head explode. However, I would HIGHLY recommend getting that Scroll of Cleansing. It will help a lot, especially preparing for and during BXPW. If you aren't buying unfinished pots, then you will need to make sure to have all your herbs in vials prior to the start of your bonus. the Scroll will help you there, as you will be able to make more pots. Similarly the Scroll will help you save some secondaries, so you may end up with some to sell back when its all done. (This was a big help for me with say, grenwall spikes.)

If you post what potions you plan on making, it would be very easy for me to whip up a calculator in under 10 minutes. I can't promise I will get to it fast, though.

Just tell me what potions you plan on doing until 84. After that, you will obviously be doing untradeables.

So for example (not realistic at all :P):

65-70: super strength

70-78: saradomin brews:

78-81: summoning potions

81-84: serum 207

Wrote this for anyone that is interested.

Edited by Lord_Paul

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

I just ground away at art pots for a month. Dnt do it. Is do Sara brews till exts then just make exts to get ur nxt ext eg atts till strs then strs till def etc. I found that to be quick... Much quicker than art potions...

Im_BB.png

so what I have planned is:

Make 4k super defence potions for the first 2 hours.

Then make 2k super str for an hour

Then make 2k super attack for an hour

Make 1k super energy for half an hour

Make 1k recover spec for half an hour

Make 2k ext att for an hour

I am now 88 herblore and will have spent roughly 35m not including the amount saved via the dg scroll.

Net worth at 50m - 35m = 15m then. I don't wanna have like 0 gp after bxpw.

That's all in current market value.

Then i'll boss hunt and do other moneymaking things to get 92 up in nonbxpw or something.

sound good?

Edit: Should I buy all the supps now and spend the last 15m on other bxpw supplies that people might buy? (so that I can make a profit when the weekend hits).

Agent_G_F.png

You should use 3 dose stews to get odds of 1 out of 5-6.

You should make as many overloads as you want to invest in and only you can determine what amount that is. Personally I think like this: any herblore xp gained isn't useful since I don't need 99 herblore at all (not until I need it for max) but investing in overloads *is* useful so I do that from time to time. It just happens to also get me herblore xp.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

You may want to consider getting some Greenmans Ale (m) for a +2 herb boost enabling you to make the higher potions sooner.

Given the cost of these you can make them yourselve very cheaply via the Trouble Brewing minigame.

I regulaly use the ale to boost my herb level and have enjoyed the experiance of making higher level potions easily.

Izakiwi2.png

izakiwi2.png

I have farmed around 300 toadflax and have gotten tired of constantly farming them :mellow: . I'm going to sell these and the crushed nests I've gotten from 62-75 wc when bxpw is announced.

I've just unlocked frost dragons, and I am using them to make more money. I'm quite surprised by the amount of money I can make from these.

Maybe I'll be able to get the money for more bxpw supplies to get ovls instead of dumping 17 effigies on herb.

Question: Do herb supplies usually crash during the days leading up to the actual weekend? Since jagex announces bxpw so early in advance, the market rises tremendously, and, perhaps, it will crash right beforehand?

Agent_G_F.png

I have farmed around 300 toadflax and have gotten tired of constantly farming them :mellow: . I'm going to sell these and the crushed nests I've gotten from 62-75 wc when bxpw is announced.

I've just unlocked frost dragons, and I am using them to make more money. I'm quite surprised by the amount of money I can make from these.

Maybe I'll be able to get the money for more bxpw supplies to get ovls instead of dumping 17 effigies on herb.

Question: Do herb supplies usually crash during the days leading up to the actual weekend? Since jagex announces bxpw so early in advance, the market rises tremendously, and, perhaps, it will crash right beforehand?

No usually it doesn't crash, but perhaps you can buy it cheaper then the hype price. It'll still be more expensive then the price is now.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

• 3 weeks later...

If you post what potions you plan on making, it would be very easy for me to whip up a calculator in under 10 minutes. I can't promise I will get to it fast, though.

Just tell me what potions you plan on doing until 84. After that, you will obviously be doing untradeables.

So for example (not realistic at all :P):

65-70: super strength

70-78: saradomin brews:

78-81: summoning potions

81-84: serum 207

Wrote this for anyone that is interested.

i used that google doc.. it is wrong in how it estimates the xp multiplier.. you get 2.7x for half an hour not 30 mins...

anyways now that i just realized it, im 1.2m xp short of 92....

Since the prices are hyped up now i think i have a solution...

after bxpw, should I buy like supplies for the 1.2m xp (perhaps 7-8k sup defs) and make those using the reduced cost in herb supplies since its after bxpw, then i guess sell those?

Agent_G_F.png

Wow, I had forgotten I even made that.

AFAIK, it *should* be correct since I'm assuming that half-hour is = to 30 mins. :lol:

It depends if it would be cheaper to do it after bxp. If you are paying triple the price before bxp, then it's not really worth it. (Ignoring the time saved here, since it's a pain to calculate.) So you should guess what you might pay after bxp and go from there.

2435/2475

AFAIK, it *should* be correct since I'm assuming that half-hour is = to 30 mins. :lol:

It depends if it would be cheaper to do it after bxp. If you are paying triple the price before bxp, then it's not really worth it. (Ignoring the time saved here, since it's a pain to calculate.) So you should guess what you might pay after bxp and go from there.

:blink: i mean the spreadsheet had 2.7x multiplier going for 60 mins and every multiplier after that had 60 min intervals like that when actually its 2.7x for 30 mins and every multiplier has 30 minutes of time.

but i think ill be buying super def supps post-bxpw to finish the job.

source: http://services.runescape.com/m=news/l=0/bonus-xp-weekend---9th-to-12th-of-september

Agent_G_F.png

I believe that super rests will sell, though do take into consideration the price of them at the end/after the weekend, because a large volume of them (or any potion for that matter) is being put into the market, the supply overcomes the demand, the prices will fall...though if you held onto them all for a week or 2 after, you may get them to sell for a nicer price! Though do sell 1 potion into the GE when you're done to see what they go for.

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

:blink: i mean the spreadsheet had 2.7x multiplier going for 60 mins and every multiplier after that had 60 min intervals like that when actually its 2.7x for 30 mins and every multiplier has 30 minutes of time.

source: http://services.rune...th-of-september

lceCKO.png

And no, I didn't just add that in; I haven't touched that spreadsheet in 27 days.

It's your call. But they need to be worth a lot of money for it not to be worth it on BXP.

2435/2475

source: http://services.rune...th-of-september

lceCKO.png

And no, I didn't just add that in; I haven't touched that spreadsheet in 27 days.

It's your call. But they need to be worth a lot of money for it not to be worth it on BXP.

derp on my part then #-o

Agent_G_F.png