The Back Room

stevepole

No it only points twords your original spawn, and I found it. Besides,I had no iron or Redstone.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Now to comment on this...

Amon's screwed up, Tarlock bleeds drama, Mako's a douche.

But it was all so good. When does the next season air again? :razz:

Out with you, filthy har-

Oh, right. With that new avatar, I keep thinking you're Loki or Vezon.

*Ahem*

Yeah, I really liked it. Next season in... 2013. Until then I'm sure the fandom will be plenty occupied making image macros regarding A Certain Firebender's Infidelity.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Tested it and it only works twords original spawn point, broski. It never points twords my bed.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

check ze Wiki. Also, Arch, I really can't put any stock in the Indoctrinization Theory. So nope.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

ME3, I believe you said something about the indrinization theory of Shepard? I don't buy it, and think it's cobbled together a little poorly.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Probly. I dunno. they could be right and I could be wrong, but whatever.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Deleted my responce...darn internet. (There was an analysis of the theory, if this conversation goes anywhere I may retype it, though given the 'ending' comes out on Tuesday I see little point)

Alg: My prediction is that they have added ending coloured sparkles. (Can't be that stupid? I point your attention at their last attempt)

Earth: Indoctrination theory works in most senses, but requires the player to sit down and make a vast number of logical leaps and sort of demands you go in with the preconception that 'It has to make sense, those people are experts.'

However it is all rather hollow, rushed, etc.

As a GM I can understand them not wanting to go 'Ah, but you are indoctrinated, no choices!' but really they needed to do what STALKER did and have a cul-der-sac ending (which is what they have), but also a get out clause, which you could do (preferably by killing swordman on Asari Homeworld, or some last minute, urgent, mission to recover the McGuffin which offers a chance for Sheperd to be Indoctrinated...Or several chances and the level of Indoctrination defines which of the two sets of endings you get), and that gives access to an alternative ending, the real ending...or a set of real endings, depending on how you played the game.

As it stands they failed to really hit any of the objectives for a memorable ending.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I just think it's cobbled together too obviously. It doesn't ring or sit well with me. I'ma wait until the ending DLC comes out though, in order to see what the game makers have to say.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

I liked the new Fuschia ending, not sure about the Beige ending though, and the Sepia one was just silly.

Meanwhile, in Minecraft, villagers suffer the wrath of Archi for building over his house:

[hide]Archi%27s%20Revenge.png[/hide]

Mind explaining the ne- I'll just go look n the effing Wiki.

Edit: It's not on the Wiki. Just send me a PM to keep the forums from being Spoilerific. Just confused, I guess.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

The new ending/s are reasonable good...Its fairly obvious that for all there 'We couldn't possibly change the endings' they changed them a lot to reconcile all the plot holes.

1) Now the the Relays are not blown up, but merely overload and break a little bit.

2) The Normandy's engines are not blown to peices, merely damaged a bit.

3) Rather than 3 identical explosions there are now three rather different explosions, each fitting the theme behind the choice.

Shepard still, innevitably, dies (or appears to)...Quite how his N7 armour moves isn't explained, but he is commemorated in all the survival endings so...

The Indoctrination Theory is entirely blown out of the water (which was innevitable as it would have been suicidal as a design decision...akin to go 'Yup, we said we weren't going to change anything but actually we lied')...only the most diehard would still claim it was what happened. (It still makes sense though, since Shepard still breaths at the end of the Destroy ending).

At the end of the day it feels much more like an ending. It has an epilogue, it has an explained storyline...It doesn't feel like someone got a cookie cutter and slammed it over the end of the game and went 'Everyone likes cookies!'

So yeah.

There are two failures that I could see:

1) EDI seems to die in the Control Ending, or doesn't exit the Normandy with Joker in any case...Which is annoying.

2) The Stargazer sequence still exists, which is tremendously silly. In the old endings is vaguely made sense since it was the planet that the Normandy crashed on (Look at the moons!), ergo it was the surviours of the crash's decendents. But since the Normandy doesn't stay crashed it makes less sense. It was also rather at odd with the rest of the game, existing only to explain why Shepard was suddenly back alive and on the Normand after the end.

Edited by Ieyfura
Added hide tags to prevent spoiling it for others.

Youtube adverts are increasingly convincing me that Net Neutrality has been entirely corrupted by Google and co. If Telecom companies could charge the hell out of those companies then they wouldn't be so willing to show incessantly tedious adverts, which, in turn, would crash a lot of services that have developed on the back of advertising.

This is obviously a bad thing for a lot of people who use the internet and a lot of good services exist because of those adverts...However I think the concept needs to be rethought because currently there is this thick band of congeled fat, which just gets thicker with each passing day.

Also interesting that advertising was proved to be horribly inefficent since the early 80s, yet persists. Its good for telling people about singular events, or entirely new things, but for the most part it doesn't change minds in any way.

It's just there I suppose. I like the fact that you can skip the adverts, or just entirely ignore them.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Why can't this be real?

2009-01-27-advanced_dungeons_and_discourse.jpg

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I think it'd be really bloody complicated.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

I don't really understand it, can you explain it to me?

Probably not.

Philosophy based D&D, in short.

----------------------

Soooooo I need some help with computer stuff.

I bought a game with Direct 2 Drive a few years back, but D2D was purchased by Gamefly which sucks. After various and sundry snaffus related to this, I finally downloaded the game... And was met by a message saying "The game install has not been completed" immediately every time I clicked the install button on the Gamefly client.

Now, I worked around this by finding the game files, manually extracting them, and performing the setup and installation un-"aided" by the client... But I'm back to an entirely new and wonderful problem. It doesn't acknowledge my activation codes, I can't get a new one from Gamefly customer support (since they're actually a work of fiction, as it turns out), and I'm starting to get rather miffed.

Normally I wouldn't consider the concept, and I'm still just flat opposed to piracy, but I was wondering if some method existed by which I could bypass the DRM to, y'know, play the goddamned game I payed for.

Of course this is more a question for the tech forums, but I'm more comfortable discussing it here and it's more of a 'can it be done' sort of thing.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Alright, alternative solution;

How can I make the Gamefly client actually install the game?

RIP Dawngate ;-;