The Back Room

stevepole

Nex, your sig-comic makes a varying degree of sense...travelling from incoherant ramblings to rather amusing scenes.

Also Steam.

Also, why would you need more than 2 guns...One is frequently enough, but games get a little odd so 2 is optimal.

Also, update on my throat, it has now limited its pain to my left ear and left tonsil...

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Also, why would you need more than 2 guns...One is frequently enough, but games get a little odd so 2 is optimal.

Think Diablo. But with guns. Add the fact that it's not difficult to use up all of one's ammo for a particular gun, necessitating a switch to a different weapon type. Mix with a dash of character levelling requiring higher level weapons. Stir lightly, and sprinkle in the different weapon graphics and effects; you now have the reason for the sheerly profane number of weapons in Borderlands.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Something tells me you haven't played Fallout, Archi. 2 guns are never enough. You need at least:

1 Sniper/very precise rifle.

1 High-caliber semi-/full automatic.

1 Area of effect weapon.

1 Insane damage weapon.

2 Silenced weapons.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I played the entire Fallout series with 2 guns (Usually 1 each for the 'screw me overs' er, fellow travlers)...I think I also had a melee weapon. (Not including 'Hey, this looks fun' stuff) Typically one was a rifle and one was a pistol. The Rifle occassionally replaced with Rocket in the earlier Fallouts where your own skill counts for nothing so its all about hitting the enemy hard.

Area of effect...Grenades?

Automatic weapons are for sissies, as are 'Insane Damage Weapons'. Bleeding hit the target and stop being churlish.

Then again I am a crack shot, so accuracy and sheer stopping power are the only requirements I have. In games with a decent Stealth system, Stealth trumps both of those, but mostly pinpoint targetting will kill so accuracy comes top of the list, with Sheer Stopping Power only being reluctantly given mention due to enemies spontanously getting stronger through the game.

On the other hand, in ME3 multiplayer I rely on the Energy Drain/Rapid Fire Sniper Rifle...Primarily because slow time doesn't exist, and I can hit 9 out of 10 heads without it...But the reload speed is ridiculous, so use a low stopping power, multi-fire, accurate, sniper rifle. With Energy Drain for Phantoms and co.

So reload speed features only as a 'If the game is penalises people with superiour visual acuity with god awful firing speed'

So yeah...In terms of RoF, beyond 1 per second, I couldn't care less.

It's not really about what's best though, it's about having the most fun possible.

I only ever keep between 3 and 7 guns for personal use, rotating in new ones as the old become obsolete. Right now I have an incendiary sniper, incendiary shotgun, lightning revolver, lightning machine pistol, a high powered assault rifle and SMG, and a shotgun that gives +150% melee damage. They're all awesome weapons, and see equal use as each has a different purpose.

The sniper is to take out enemy snipers

The shotgun is for emergency close-combat

The assault rifle is for emergency ranged combat

The revolver is for heavily armoured targets

The machine pistol and SMG are for regular use

And the second shotgun is to save ammo on weaklings

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Yeah, because why would you use the Fat Man or the Tesla-Beaton prototype when you can use a grenade?

And what sort of [kitty] wouldn't you be if you used the YCS/186.

And how retarded wouldn't you have to be to think the 12.7mm submachinegun comes in handy in a combat situation?

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Primarily:

Grenades are your last line of defence/first line of offence. They are designed to clear up messes (Typically corners that you can't get out of because the game decided to boost armour at the wrong moment, or headshots don't work...or because of glass cannons) or start new ones (creating enough of a distraction to make things interesting or killing enough glass cannons to be achievable, or damaging their HP enough that a headshot will kill them).

Launching a nuke is about killing everything at the earliest possible convienance, in the laziest way possible. Which is what a sissy would do. Alternatively about shooting the broadside of an elephant and having it die, it requires no skill at all.

Sniper Rifle with high stopping power and accuracy...Can't say I would use it :rolleyes:

Machine guns are for idiots who spray and pray. It requires almost no skill to use them, and denies you any ability to test your combat prowess by offering an easy get out. 'Surrounded by 20 Soliders, I will just pull out my machine gun and mow them down' as compared to my '20 headshots with a pistol. I can do this.'

Cause really, if I wanted to kill things with the minimum degree of fuss, I would mow the lawn.

I at least have at most 3 guns and 4 weapons though it is fairly easy to do with less in certain games (such as killing floor). However, I agree with arch about fallout, in New Vegas I carried three guns, which by the end of the game had become a long ranged elimination weapon (GRA anti material rifle) for cases of packs of death claw+ level opponents, a short(er) range elimination weapon (a brush gun variant) and a general purpose or middle of the road weapon (a trail carbine). However, I would never have both of the elimination weapons on me at the same time, as that's just overkill, and a waste of space (especially when playing on hardcore mode). Generally I follow a similar model unless I go batshit with explosives, which can be rather fun to do.

Also, mather what game mode do you play in Fallout? Hardcore mode or normal mode? Because carrying around extra weapons that you don't need can be a fairly bad idea in non normal play.

LNYvk.png

Heh. Mowing the lawn as opposed to mowing them down.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Yeah, because why would you use the Fat Man or the Tesla-Beaton prototype when you can use a grenade?

And what sort of [kitty] wouldn't you be if you used the YCS/186.

And how retarded wouldn't you have to be to think the 12.7mm submachinegun comes in handy in a combat situation?

Matherismic.

On a side note, x1 Explosive bonus weapons aren't nearly as effective as I want them to be. Except against Crab-Worm Larvae or whatever they're called.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Machine guns are for idiots who spray and pray. It requires almost no skill to use them, and denies you any ability to test your combat prowess by offering an easy get out. 'Surrounded by 20 Soliders, I will just pull out my machine gun and mow them down' as compared to my '20 headshots with a pistol. I can do this.'

Alternatively, they're the "Screw it, I just want these guys out of the way as quickly as possible" weapon.

On a related note, nukes and similar heavy weapons are the weapon that you never actually use because of how hard it is to find ammo for it (Ammo that you'll inevitably end up hoarding in a mailbox if it's a Bethesda game), and sometimes the "I'm feeling wasteful today. Let's nuke that harmless scorpion since I've got these hundred or so missiles lying around".

Nah, I still go for headshots, with all weapons except the Fat Man and Tesla-Beaton Prototype, the difference is that against scorpions and the like, the 12.7mm SMG causes massive damage fast, as opposed to a 9mm or 10mm pistol which would just have the shells harmlessly bouncing off their exoskeleton. Also Cazdores those [bleep]ers. you can't get a clean hit on them with a semi- unless you want to spam V.A.T.S.

The YCS/186 however, I only go for headshots because it looks funny with flying, headless corpses. As it doesn't really matter on the damage output when you use a weapons with 230 damage per shot.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

You know, if you put it in a random mailbox, it will probably disappear at some point. There are only a few designated safe spots for item storage.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

the 12.7mm SMG causes massive damage fast, as opposed to a 9mm or 10mm pistol which would just have the shells harmlessly bouncing off their exoskeleton.

Thats why you use a rifle, and/or a very high powered pistol.

Also Cazdores those [bleep]ers. you can't get a clean hit on them with a semi- unless you want to spam V.A.T.S.

I entirely agree here, they are the most GOD AWFUL creatures. That said...You get very smug when you headshot a group of them. (You also get quite smug when you kill a group on the first attempt.)

Also, mather what game mode do you play in Fallout? Hardcore mode or normal mode? Because carrying around extra weapons that you don't need can be a fairly bad idea in non normal play.

http://forum.tip.it/index.php?showtopic=307927&view=findpost&p=5196296

despite me playing with God Mode on

On an unrelated note, my nose is leaking...there are very few things more embaressing than not being able to control your nose.

On an unrelated note, my nose is leaking...there are very few things more embaressing than not being able to control your nose.

Namely, not being able to control literally any other bodily excretion or function?

Not too terribly hard to treat a runny nose, and it's not all that unusual.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Well, there is drooling and crying...Other than that there isn't anything that can't really be hidden.

If there was a problem with the ears then thats more serious than embaressing.

To be honest, a large part of it is that you don't expect your nose to betray you =P

Yes, but usually not the first time it decides to take a stroll in the middle of winter.

I mean, I never leave the house. This is literally the first time in years that I've left the house just for the sake of leaving the house.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

This is literally the first time in years that I've left the house just for the sake of leaving the house.

Alas poor Mather, we knew him well.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12603519/Gazillionaire%20Deluxe%20Soundtrack%20Bankrupt.mp3

Or

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12603519/Gazillionaire%20Deluxe%20Soundtrack%20Planet%20Loro.mp3

[hide]Old%20map.png[/hide]

It is rather amazing that maps of the 13-14th century should have so accurately mapped Africa, while completely failing at the Baltic...Even Kattegat/Skagerrak is done terribly. Its understandable that the dimensions of Crimea might be off, or the Thames Estury be merged with The Wash/North Sea...But really, they couldn't find a map from the most well mapped (Owing to trade) area of the period!

Ok, its a map of the 'new' world and such, but <_<