The Back Room

stevepole

I've watched Avatar: The Last Airbender, on TV, on Netflix, etc; And not once have I ever heard it referred to as the Legend of Aang. Even by the fandom. O_o

I'M CORRECT DAMNIT

it's just that no one uses that name

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

http://www.nick-asia.com/sites/avatar/

I am not entirely sure why this argument is happening...Other than Mather's pathological obsession with argue the toss...

A very simple search resolves that the Legend of Aang refers to the Last Airbender, and is clearly used by fans of the show/movie/book/thing.

It would be like starting an argument over Mather's name:

"Hey, I really like Mather's name"

"Actualy it is The_Mather1, you idiot"

"What the hell, people call him Mather"

"No, it is utterly impossible that anyone should ever use that name, unless they had been beaten over the head with a baked ham as a child."

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I never got around to watching most of the episodes on TV shows I used to enjoy. Probably because I really can't be assed to watch T.V. anymore. Also, Mather arguing, haven't we gotten over the fact that he's a bit of a munchkin during an argument. Or at least, that's how I think he acts.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Archi, this wasn't even a discussion, I just corrected him.

And no, the Legend of Aang is not a name given to it by the fandom, though I suspect it may frequently and erroneously be called that by people outside it.

And there are no books, that's just what the seasons are called; Book 1, 2 and 3.

Also there was never a movie.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

There was a movie. It just really sucked (or so I've heard).

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

When I was eight I remember it being called 'the last airbender' but I never watched it because I had grown out of cartoons by that age.

-

The argument above between Archi and Mather was a little ridiculous, I can understand that you may disagree about which MMO/game is the best but you're not going to convince another person to change preference no matter how hard you try.

qTLQRuS.png

The Legend of Aang is a correct, but ignored, working title alongside The Last Airbender. I have heard it/seen it presented as such before, it is a given name by the creators, not the fandom or anyone else.

It's probably why they named The Legend of Korra 'The Legend of Korra'.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I reiterate:

http://www.nick-asia.com/sites/avatar/

UO445.png

Nickelodeon produced the show.

Their asian site calls it "The Legend of Aang".

So what exactly is your point?

"The producers did not know what the show was called, only I, King Mather of Proper English, can possibly know what a show is called."

If you are going to correct people, then actually make sure you are correct...

Though I guess that would break with the Tavern Tradition of you verbally assaulting people due to your own lack of knowledge...

In my defense I had no way of seeing that since it opened in this, pinned, tab, all I saw was "The Last Airbender" being used consistently in the site itself.

Though saying it was the European name for it was still wrong. And it's not like Asia (apart from Japan) has a reputation for getting things from western culture right.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I remember there being a movie. Yeah, there WAs a movie, or at least a really long episode for the finale. I remember watching that.

Oh yes, and Mather.. It may be Archi's posts that have the insults, but you were being thick-skulled on purpose, and he got annoyed at you. I'm also getting tired of your shenanigans. At the very least, tone them down, please.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

No, no. There never was any movie, especially not one made by M. Night Shyamalan that butchered the entire concept by leaving out major characters and plot points, mispronouncing Aang's name and turning earthbending into an underpowered dance routine.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I think we're discussing enitrely different things, broski. I'm talking about the finale to the series that was animated, I never watched any suposed fail-movie in a theatre.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

You can insult a guy even if he doesn't deserve it you know, but usually you endup with unoriginal ones like butthead or something similar.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Thanks to the new like feature, I can show my appreciation of slanderous or trolling posts without getting in trouble!

Yaaay!

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Pft, you'll lose what respect the others in the forums have for you though. Not like it matters a huge amount.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Archi, that doesn't even make sense. Just because I manage to repeatedly make myself out to be the antagonistic party in a discussion does not give you a free pass to make an effort to insult me.

How I am: Morally self-conscious bezzerwizzer with lacking social inhibition.

How I am according to your parodies: Inconsiderate bigot with Napoleon's syndrome.

Does that really seem fair to you? To make me out to be the next Hitler when I am undeniably the most moral person in here.

If Karma was currency, I'd be living in the lap of luxury while you'd be in an ally thanks to how you spend all of yours dissing me,

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I produce an idea, and modify it when an objection is made, or disprove the objection.

You produce an idea, keep it the same when an objection is made, and claim those who object are not as educated as you are.

As a result I have less to insult because tempers do not build very high very often, comparatively, you draw insults because tempers often build because you do not listen to eloquence, fact or reason.

A ready example was the continuing debate that you could, using a tesla coil, turn 1 Watt into infinate Watts.

• Like 1

I do not respond to objection by claiming the opponent to be my lesser, I disprove the objection, though in the process of doing so I may insinuate that my opponent is less knowledgeable in the matter in order to emphasize how basic the level on which the objection is wrong is.

Though if you are referring to my statement regarding your formulation in the discussion of Construction, that had less to do with your objection than it had to do with the method you explained it in being illegible.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I do not respond to objection by claiming the opponent to be my lesser, I disprove the objection, though in the process of doing so I may insinuate that my opponent is less knowledgeable in the matter in order to emphasize how basic the level on which the objection is wrong is.

Though if you are referring to my statement regarding your formulation in the discussion of Construction, that had less to do with your objection than it had to do with the method you explained it in being illegible.

Let me just remind you that you have in the past argued over what is possible in an electrical circuit with someone studying a branch of Electrical Engineering, disregarding quite a few obvious errors in your calculations that were pointed out and utterly refused to even consider how the entire premise violated fundamental laws of physics under the assumption that a handful of your classmates agreeing actually means something.

• Like 1

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source