The Back Room

stevepole

I just used the masterball to keep things simple. But dude, I used a powerful fighting move against the Bisharp with my Emboar, and it didn't even get him to yellow health. That's just sad.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I just used the masterball to keep things simple. But dude, I used a powerful fighting move against the Bisharp with my Emboar, and it didn't even get him to yellow health. That's just sad.

Depending on how much grinding you plan to do, nature matters quite a bit more than you'd think it should.

Nature is equivalent to maybe 25 EV, so no, it doesn't matter unless you're minmaxing, then it's good for stuff like a Hasty Ninjask or a Shuckle with a Defense boosting nature. For those Pokémon that are nowhere near the maximum for the stats, nature is about as important as nickname.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Nature is +/- 10%. For a level 50 Emboar, that's the difference between 120 attack (negative) and 150 attack (positive), and it stacks with EVs.

It's got a huge effect in competitive play, but that's a different topic entirely. You don't have to pay attention to it in the games, especially if you grind a lot, but it's definitely important.

Added you.

On a mostly unrelated note:

If a lvl 100 Darmanitan with maximized Attack stat with +6 in-combat and Sniper uses Me First to score a critical hit with V-create against a Ferroseed with Dry Skin and minimized Defence with -6 in-combat while holding Life Orb during a Sunny Day, the potential damage of the attack is up to 388,329,150,342 HP.

That would be hella funny to try and replicate using Hackmons on a battle emulator.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Added you.

On a mostly unrelated note:

If a lvl 100 Darmanitan with maximized Attack stat with +6 in-combat and Sniper uses Me First to score a critical hit with V-create against a Ferroseed with Dry Skin and minimized Defence with -6 in-combat while holding Life Orb during a Sunny Day, the potential damage of the attack is up to 388,329,150,342 HP.

That would be hella funny to try and replicate using Hackmons on a battle emulator.

Lady of Pain, I choose you!

Alternatively: Ferroseed fainted. Ferroseed used Iron Heart Surge!

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

... Pft. Absolute madness. Also, imagine if that was done with a move that spread the damage through the entire enemy team. That would be utter rape.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Now try again with a choice band.

But that would require one hell of a lot of preparation to pull of, and is not reasonably possible, this one however is possible after just a few turns of stat modifying moves and a sunny day in the Hackmons format.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Tch, I just ignore them when they talk Technical. I can manage fine without dicking around with IVs, EVs, or grinding. Most of the time.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Pretty much. Especially the Grass Types.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Dragon is better, because then Shedinja is the only Pokémon that you don't do at least 1x damage to. Oops, forgot Steel.

Alternatively Skarmory is good, because Steel/Flying means:

Skarmory.png

In competitive playing, Skarmory lacks the stats to be of value, but in the game where type-weaknesses are your worst enemy, it's invaluable.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Blissey is best used in Hackmons with Sturdy, minimum defense, Counter, Mirror Coat, Extremespeed and Lunar Dance. The only way to beat a team full of those are by using multi-attack moves such as Fury Swipes.

Deoxys-Speed is best with No Guard, Sheer Cold and one other OHKO move to prevent running out of PP. The only way to beat which is with a priority move, Me First, Sturdy or Focus Sash.

And Skarmory only has a 465 stat total, it's Defense is the only thing that is better than avarage. And if you want something with high Defense, try a Shuckle, both of its are 230.

Also I think I know a way to get the upper hand against any opponent; use Dunsparce first, barely anyone remembers it, so the confusion will most likely put them off their game.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Really. I have tried, and have gotten, to battle a couple of people on the actual servers, and it was pretty fun.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Mather, how do you show hidden tags on files? Like [Caution: Executable File] and such? I need to change the filetupe of a video I saved because I [bleep]ed it up, and it needs to be fixed.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Fixed it. I forgot to allow the audio to compress, so I just recorded another one. And that one has quality issues. Fffs.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Just watched A Knight's Tale. I really rather enjoyed it, silly as it was.

Makes me want to build a Cavalier for a Pathfinder game.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;