The Back Room

stevepole

Seems like a strange field, astrotechnology.

Is this in some sort of university?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

If only they could make it forty spots, so that everyone in Norway could become an astro-technologist.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

HnH changed a lot since it started.

Looking for a 'new world' feel of game. RS doesn't really have huge open spaces to set up a house and such...everything is tightly compartmentalised so its hard to feel you are playing a game...more a series of games.

And I tried that server Earth mentioned...I find it hard to enjoy minecraft. Its fine up to a certain point, then you get a silly glitch and everything goes down the pan.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

You know you can choose to build everything from scratch down to chopping logs for the planks, mining metals for the nails and limestone for the bricks as well as spinning yak hair for the ropes. I even think you can weave wool for the cloth. So the only things you have to buy are the paintings, rooms, marble and gold leaves.

Also I've just acquired a fully furnished apartment near the school for a mere $370/mo, including electricity and broadband. Looks like there are pros to going to a school in the middle of nowhere.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

It's a money sink, but it's in no way pure use of prefabricated items. The only skill that is like that is Summoning, what with none of the items being obtainable except through trade or as drops.

And yeah, it was strip of cloth that is weaveable, whereas it is bolt of cloth that is used for construction.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Construction: Assemble a house from several prepackaged modules. Then make several thousand [boring and practically worthless objects], then install a dungeon and forget about your house.

I'm just saying. You're making Construction out to be a lazy [bleep]fest, well of course it's gonna be if you take the lazy solutions. Just because there are alternatives to make things easier doesn't mean its necessarily too easy. Making a house in Runescape is just as much and the same kind of work as it is in HnH as long as you do it yourself.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

That's not what he means. You choose the room and its orientation, then you build furniture in the hotspot. Repeat until you're out of money or things to build. The end result is that most of your rooms will look more or less the same as those of other players your level. That's just how the skill works; It's not a matter of training methods, it's a matter of game mechanics.

Mather, construction in Runescape is not terribly creative. There's basically only one option for each hotspot.

Something tells me you've never really bothered to try it out.

Yes, in the kitchen, workshop and costume room it's going to be pretty similar due to some stuff being better than others, but in the dining room, bedroom, games room, quest hall, skill hall, etc. it's your choice what stuff to add where, not to mention the chapel where you can mix and match stuff from whatever god/ancient-hero-made-cat you want. In the end there's more freedom than there is in HnH.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I'm just saying. You're making Construction out to be a lazy [bleep]fest, well of course it's gonna be if you take the lazy solutions

Grinding is hardly a lazy thing...just a boring thing.

On top of that there is no benefit, or even mildly interesting thing related to construction. You go into a 'room'(or portal) and then you play the construction game, then you come out and go to the farming 'room'(or patch) and then play the farming game.

Its just a series of games, with no real interaction between them...Except to make/spend money/items to advance within them.

And as brilliant as changing the colour of your altar, or other very minor, asthetic, changes, its not like you can show off your house in any meaningful way...you might as well just be playing a single player game, like Minecraft...

You can choose to direct portals towards different towns, you can use your altar to more efficiently train prayer, you can use your lectern to prepare spell tabs, you can use your kitchen to train cooking for free, you can use your workshop to repair degradable stuff. Really, just because you don't pay attention to the different functions doesn't mean they're not there.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Yes Mather, I have done all of those things. I might not be a member anymore, but I once was. :o

Also there are plenty of other places to train cooking for free, much better than a house.

Ah, so your point is, I should do construction because I am looking for a game with construction in, and that if I did construction then I could do things that were not construction?

Makes a great deal of sense....

Anyway;

Portals: So I need to teleport to my house, to use the portals for free teleporting...That seems efficent....

Lecturn: Handy, now I can create tele tabs back to my home for my free teleporting...

Kitchen: I can grind Cooking, of thankful heavens.

Workshop: My capacity to slaughter the chickens to make food will be much improved now that I can repair my degradable armour...

I really am at a loss as to how your argument actually links into mine.

"I want play a game focused on building a frontier settlement"

"Play RS, you can build a house"

"Nah, I want to play a game with a frontier spirit"

"But you can make tele tabs if you play RS"

• Like 1