The Back Room

stevepole

No, Edison monopolised DC and discredited AC so as to ensure he would retain the monopoly. Tesla invented AC and proved it to be much more efficient for commercial use, Edison responded by publishing a video of an elephant being executed using AC. Also back when Tesla worked for General Electrics, he developed a brushless AC motor, Edison discarded it simply because it didn't use DC.

And yes, the church held back science, back when witch hunts were commonplace, the targets were often people who had accomplished something in science. If it didn't, the group Illuminati would've never existed.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

The dark ages were due to a combination of the fall of Rome, the rise of the church and the church's suppression of general historical/medical/technological/scientific knowledge. Nothing keeps the serfs in line like keeping them stupid and supersitious.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

A lot of scientific progress was made in the Dark Ages... Not progressive progress per say, but it was significant nonetheless.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Fair enough, but in general the populace was kept intentionally in the dark (if you'll pardon the pun :P).

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

And yes, the church held back science, back when witch hunts were commonplace, the targets were often people who had accomplished something in science. If it didn't, the group Illuminati would've never existed.

I... What. Do you even...

Tell me this is the part where we find out you've been trolling us the whole time. Please.

I did a study on this because our debating society held a debate about whether the catholic church was a force for good. While there were examples of the church oppressing science throughout history (Galileo, albeit not Dark Ages most prominently) they were actually responsible for the funding of many scientists, artists and musicians. Without the church, there wouldn't be science.

In the Da Vinci code, the illuminati was created for that reason but that was IIRC after the dark ages and was actually because the Catholic Church didn't like none vatican-approved scientists, this was not to do with religion - simply because free science spread all these ridiculous ideas (in medicine particularly there were a lot of people saying rubbish, but the church stuck with Galen)

I believe that the Catholic Church has done the greatest for humanity ever. It has promoted art, science and culture beyond the likes of anything else throughout history - I would argue that only the existence of the internet has had such a major effect.

-

Alg, Illuminati definitely did exist and probably continues to do so right now. It's just all that 'law of 13' and the bildeberg meetings and NWO shit. Though some of the evidence is pretty convincing.

You can find some rather convincing conspiracy theories around. I'll send you some links if you hit me up on steam.

qTLQRuS.png

I... What. Do you even...

Tell me this is the part where we find out you've been trolling us the whole time. Please.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminati

Just because something is often used in conspiration theories doesn't mean it's not a real thing, just look at the Freemasons.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Okay, I think I'm done here. Have fun guys.

Leave the door open, I want out too

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Just because something is often used in conspiration theories doesn't mean it's not a real thing, just look at the Freemasons.

Very much this. My grandfather, father and uncle are all Masons. A less likely group of world dominating conpirists there never was. :lol:

Very much this. My grandfather, father and uncle are all Masons. A less likely group of world dominating conpirists there never was. :lol:

Does that mean that you're part lizardman?

qTLQRuS.png

*shhhh* ;)

R.I.P. Falador Tavern.

You had a good run, drawn out though it may have been in the end.

Let your passing mark the end of an era, for though your last days were a pain to behold,

you stood a beacon of community entertainment in your glory days.

May you rest in peace knowing that your unfaltering efforts were the cause of many friendships

that yet still remain and may you go down in history as the tightest community this forum has ever seen.

Now let your body, beaten akin the likes of a dead horse, pass peacefully through the logs of Tip.It.

I find it only fitting that I, one of the original settlers to set foot on your land and your most faithful

inhabitant, though I may have caused you more pain than many of the others, should be the one

to hold for you the rite of these last words.

Thank you for your service, and should anyone wish to settle down or rekindle the old spirit,

please guide them on to

new lands.

-The Mather1.

Any mods read this, I'd appreciate it if you locked the thread and edited out this line

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I am pretty sure that the illuminati operate under a rule of two. At least, that's how it was back when I was a member.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Kaida, can you please add back whatever I said about the illuminati unrelated to the argument if it's not an issue. I don't remember what it was.

Surely. :)

You're talking about cladenstine cell system, which (in the most common form) means that each person usually knows up to two other people in the organisation and has no idea about scale or how to get in contact with higherups so it can resist penetration. Law of 13 is a conspiracy theory about the 13 events the illuminati will organise and finally take over the world.

Also, I don't really think anything I said should have been removed since I didn't break any rules. While Mather did by flaming.

Issues with moderating decisions should be taken up privately; please don't do it here. I'll get back to you later (I'm at work and my lunch is almost over).

Edited by Kaida23
qTLQRuS.png

Just a reminder everyone: personal arguements are to be taken to PM, not hashed out here.

That said, we really don't have a problem with you discussing other forums. Just remember to keep it civil.

I think it would be for the best if the tavern had some sort of unbiased and home moderator to ensure that these sort of things don't happen any longer. While I'm not nominating myself, I feel that I would fit the position excellently as a fairly long-running member of the tavern, an upstanding player of many games who has helped mediate disputes in the past and also somebody who has managed two games of my own. Hopefully this is the sort of thing that would revitalise the tavern.

qTLQRuS.png

Forum moderators are chosen for their understanding of the rules, their maturity, and community presence. If you think you're moderator material, then keep to the previously listed standards and eventually you will be noticed and likely contacted. If you don't, you can still be a valuable member of the community by actively and responsibly using the report function to report posts that violate our forum rules.

The moderating team as a whole works in an unbiased fashion as you've requested. In my personal opinion, the volunteers on staff right now are one of the most professional and proficient teams we've ever had. That said, all members are encouraged to contact an administrator if they feel a moderator isn't doing their job properly. They look into it - promise.

The only thing that will revitalize the tavern, or the clan section, or the The Art Gallery, or the RS Media subcommunities that we have that aren't as active as they used to be is community initiative. Those are the sorts of things that draws new people to you. You don't need a moderator tag next to your name to help you do those things, and if you contact the moderation staff they'll help you with whatever you need. If you want, I can tweet your RP sessions to Tip.it's official feed; an administrator would likely help you if you presented a well written request for front-page notice for any rp session (possibly); you could get in contact with a Tip.it Times writer and either collaborate or submit a guest article about roleplaying in runescape and work the tavern into it if you'd like.

There's no end to the possibilities. The staff's not out to block you in these things -- we're here to help. So just drop us a line if you need us, respect the forum rules, and keep a strong presence in the community if you want the Tavern to live again. But a rank won't be a magical cure-all. :P

hzvjpwS.gif

(It also helps to not have previously been permabanned)

• Like 1

RIP Dawngate ;-;

you could get in contact with a Tip.it Times writer and either collaborate or submit a guest article about roleplaying in runescape and work the tavern into it if you'd like.

*cough*

:twss:

I know that already existed. Doesn't mean it has to be the last one about the subject of roleplaying. :P

hzvjpwS.gif

Well there are a lot of arguments here and rules being broken that frankly nobody cares about. Mather just posted a referral link the page before, and while the argument about it was removed his actual referral link was never removed. I think that when I'm board moderator I'll be able to handle these things immediately and as soon as they happen rather than simply leaving them to the moderators - where it gets blown out of proportion and things just get ridiculous.

While I agree that I may not be the ideal candidate, I am the only candidate that is available at the moment and the tavern sorely needs a board moderator.

"I wholeheartedly support Resistance as leader. Throughout knowing him I have always known that he has cared about the tavern, always known that he is willing to put the work in and is definitely my prime candidate if I were tasked with choosing a moderator. While unorthodox due to his high number of warning points and past behaviour, I feel that this is a last hope for the tavern - something that is needed to help prevent it from sinking. It's not like he's going to cause much damage as a board moderator, and I see him being somebody who can really rise to the challenge."

qTLQRuS.png

2.) they're not privileges, being a moderator is a duty. A duty of stewardship and protection.

The term used by people people who don't like getting warnings is "powertripper". :P Still, I do like this stewardship and protection idea. Like we're knights of old, riding across the countryside protecting the innocent from the evils of the world. Maybe I should talk to Randox about changing "moderator" to "Protector of the Faith".

Let's see...Kaida23 - Global Protector of the Faith...yes, I rather like that. :grin:

• Like 1

2.) they're not privileges, being a moderator is a duty. A duty of stewardship and protection.

The term used by people people who don't like getting warnings is "powertripper". :P Still, I do like this stewardship and protection idea. Like we're knights of old, riding across the countryside protecting the innocent from the evils of the world. Maybe I should talk to Randox about changing "moderator" to "Protector of the Faith".

Let's see...Kaida23 - Global Protector of the Faith...yes, I rather like that. :grin:

Kaida, Knight Templar

w7bgw9.jpg

(jk ily)

• Like 3

RIP Dawngate ;-;

• 1 year later...