The Back Room

stevepole

Well if I am understanding correctly, this is in the same world as previous, and there was a cat that founded a house. With vested bloodlines, it is not necessary to be physically related.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I have an unspent custom forum rank change, any ideas?

Why do you have this

How could you even have this

• Like 1

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Well I would rather not have options eliminated because of race

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

If somebody else were to pick noble, you could be their pet and be something like:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tama_%28cat%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_Mouser_to_the_Cabinet_Office

I asked some people for suggestions, I got:

1. Guy is a noble turned into a cat by WIZARDS

2. Cat is a noble among cats, which means jack shit. (which is to say that that cats are too stupid to be ordered rather than gaining intelligence atypical of cats)

3. Cat is an honorary noble with a very small amount of 'resources,' but no one actually understand he's intelligent. Maybe has one manservant who does understand, and manages the estate, acting as a puppet for the cat.

qTLQRuS.png

1. Guy is a noble turned into a cat by WIZARDS.

Perhaps some wizard ancestor turned his entire house into magic cats, and as a result the house isn't taken seriously by the rest of the court? Basically they get a token amount of respect outside of their own lands. Naturally, the fact that they can't marry into other houses hasn't helped.

Alternatively, is shapeshifting an option? Whether members of Jen's house are humans with strong connections to animals (because we all know how wizards feel about right and wrong) or they're intelligent magic cats that can use a human form for politics. Could still tie into the above, where they're basically not taken seriously outside of their lands because of it.

• Like 1

Tama is Japanese for Jewel, which means it's a pretty standard cat name. On that note, I have been thinking of getting a cat.

Narrowed it down to:

Norwegian Forest Cat

Ragdoll

Both are options, it's just working out some sensible fluff.

There is difficulty with playing a cat, because it's practically impossible to play it accurately without it being fun. A cat would be treated differently to humans, even if they had a reputation for existing. Cats would be completely ignored, and if one spoke - your average commoner may attack it. Most likely, they would be shunned, to the point that they wouldn't be able to make friends nor influence people drastically which would happen in real life but statting it out as a -10 to charisma would make me seem overly harsh, since people prefer to start off equally. While being a cat is realistically going to mean you can't effectively lead, persuade or do anything since those factors aren't really based off of how you use your words - most adults aren't going to listen to a ten year old who speaks reason out of spite, and the fact they are superior; same with cats and other normal races. The added benefit is that people won't know you're sentient, and won't execute you for being in a room normally, or until news gets around that there is a talking cat murdering people. Further to that, a noble with any power wouldn't stay noble for very long - during the dark ages peasant revolts happened every fifty or so years against relatively normal nobles, now imagine if the noble was a cat.

Not doing anything is, for all intents and purposes pretending that Retech isn't playing a cat, which is fine - just a waste of space. But at the moment, it's just being a cat, cherrypicking all the bonuses (narrative mainly) without any of the limitations, "I'm a cat noble, because".

qTLQRuS.png

Hard to discuss with you when you're not online on steam,

I can't access steam.

This just appeared in my files: http://i.imgur.com/87IgIRf.png

It was called I r haxzors.png

Ask Archi what it is please, I have zero files. I mean zero, I just formatted my computer and did a full wipe on my erased data. Not sure why it exists.

-

Also, I found this in my files

Hat of the eighteen wizards

Every day roll 1d4, if 4 the hat will do something random:

1 Paranoia:

Eerie Scream

Skeleton Stalking

Wendigo

Man whispering: "They have fallen into our trap, hahahaha"

Lich whispering "The transformation is complete!"

Angelic voices whispering: "They're all against you, they are plotting against you secretly"

Demonic voices whispering: "save yourself, the golem has awoken"

2 Colour Changing

The hat will change colour giving different bonuses, roll on the table below to find out which. These bonuses will only last one day before the hat fades to one of the none magical colours.

1 Red

2 Blue

3 Green (speak with animals at will, +4 to diplomacy checks)

4 Yellow (-4 str temporary, +2 DC on spells that dazzle)

5 White

6 Black (-5 Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate)

7 Pink (+6 bluff)

8 Pink with white spots

9 Zebra Stripes (make a reflex save DC 15 or that hat will engulf your head, making you blind for a day. Strength check to remove: 28)

10 Cyan (+1 DC on spells that dazzle)

3 Rift:

A rift will awaken one of the other 15 dark wizards that wear this hat, they will put their hand through the hat and grapple you (CMB 35) and if their grip is relinquished they will cast fireball (10d6, Ref Save:

26)

4 Baleful Polymorph (DC 24), no second save. The spell lasts for one day.

1 Goat

2 Cow

3 Elephant

4 Hippo

5 Whale

6 Bird

7 Squirrel

8 Goose

9 Sheep

10 Deer

If the hat is criticised, water will start appearing from it as if were a decanter of endless water on the stream setting. It will not stop unless apologised to profusely. Ghost sound will make crying sounds.

It will also cry if any discussion of it being sold comes up except that the ghost sound will scream loudly and it will make another 3*1d4 roll on the table above (limit: once every week)

lol

qTLQRuS.png

Yay

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Breaks my heart that so many of the original serious Hegemony players disappeared from TIF over the years.

Looking at that list had some major throwback value

• Like 1

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

That darn hat

RPG, on the bright side a lot of them still exist :)

A hegemony is possible in the near future.

I had formatted all of my files, and the hegemony.rtf I had been working on was not in the Tavern folder that I backed up. I will write down a summary of what I remember and then rewrite it in the near future.

One moderator for war, player moderators as the situation demands.

• Advertise in OT, and PM ALL original members.
  • Technology = as normal, nothing special. Ratio System for technology types time:cost decided
  • Play off-site, google+ hangout or new speciality forum. Tip.It isn't an option for Sere and others, Archi doesn't use it and I've been told if I do anything else I am getting permabanned.
  • Fractured Nations, with each nation being around the size of Poland.
  • NPC nations, that use a baseline tech for all shared and trade with other nations.
  • Old GDP system, but with other considerations (*0.94 stability)*(*0.98 population density) which will mean that it doesn't get to a point where people never run out of money.

Nothing particularly new, but I find that with these sorts of things you can be very successful if a few people are on board. I don't really think hegemony works as well with 6 or so players, the optimal number is really unlimited - advertising a bit could increase to hopefully 15 or so, including old members.

Also, since holiday is starting soon do people want to do two Another nail sessions a week?

The most useless reply to this would be: "b... but I don't want to play hegemony"

qTLQRuS.png

As to the Savage Worlds thing, I am going to be out of town this weekend, but during the summer holiday, I am up for more sessions per week.