Vidyagame tax, y'all

runesmithie

we pay about 33% in taxes, which is 33% to much. i dont think my money should be stolen from me and then dividided out to programs however some corrupt polititian thinks it should. let me keep my 33% and spend it how i think i should.

What the hell evil state do you live in? Texas is the * Tax state and ours is barely 15%.

Most of that money should be going to your Social Security fund...you will be getting that money back when you are 60.

So, if you do get to keep your tax money, are you going to be donating to the poor and the needy? I doubt it.

maybe you dont work, but total taxes taken out of your paycheck is usually around 33% (federal, state, local).

so i have to pay into something that wont be around when i am older, when i could use that same money now to invest in my own way and make a lot more?

no, i will not. they dont deserve money. you can donate if you want to, but they dont deserve anything. thats why they call it a donation. i dont give a crap about poor and needy, they should just go get a job.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

working 40 hours a week ar one job, getting $237.81, when it should be $320.

working second job 10 hours a week, getting $100 or so check every two weeks. should be about $130, but alas, taxes.

Campaign for a decent minimum wage then ;) The problem isn't the taxes, it's the corporations that are able to take advantage of your time ;) It always amuses me that it seems to be the poorest people in America that have the most republican views, and who are getting taken advantage of the most.

As to the topic, clearly it's a ridiculous idea and won't ever come into law. Whoever wrote it knows that also, and has just written it so they can say they tried.

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

working 40 hours a week ar one job, getting $237.81, when it should be $320.

working second job 10 hours a week, getting $100 or so check every two weeks. should be about $130, but alas, taxes.

Campaign for a decent minimum wage then ;) The problem isn't the taxes, it's the corporations that are able to take advantage of your time ;) It always amuses me that it seems to be the poorest people in America that have the most republican views, and who are getting taken advantage of the most.

As to the topic, clearly it's a ridiculous idea and won't ever come into law. Whoever wrote it knows that also, and has just written it so they can say they tried.

I am Republican. I have had jobs in the past year that earned me 350 a week after taxes, because Texas is nice and only takes out SS and Welfare taxes that only add up to 14%. After that, its the company that takes taxes away for your health benefits. You still earned the money, it just does not go into your pockets right away.

And the Republican thing is amusing, especially since most Democrats portray us as rich white men.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

And the Republican thing is amusing, especially since most Democrats portray us as rich white men.

The rich white men aren't numerous enough to generate enough votes by themselves. They're the ones that pay the money so that the poor hard working people doing 2-3 jobs at once just to pay the bills get duped ;)

Seriously, you're in the richest country in the world, why should anyone have to do more than 1 job? I've never heard of a European having to do more than 1 full time job at once... and we pay higher taxes, so clearly it's not the level of tax that is affecting it.

Guest GhostRanger

The rich white men aren't numerous enough to generate enough votes by themselves. They're the ones that pay the money so that the poor hard working people doing 2-3 jobs at once just to pay the bills get duped ;)

Seriously, you're in the richest country in the world, why should anyone have to do more than 1 job? I've never heard of a European having to do more than 1 full time job at once... and we pay higher taxes, so clearly it's not the level of tax that is affecting it.

Er...I think its the higher taxes that helps prevent it. Europeans have more in terms of health care and government support and the higher taxes support that.

Now granted, I'm conservative, I'm a Republican, I don't support high taxes - but YES we need a higher minimum wage. Its just starting to get ridiculous.

Now granted, I'm conservative, I'm a Republican, I don't support high taxes - but YES we need a higher minimum wage. Its just starting to get ridiculous.

How do you justify that though? Surely people should just get paid for what they're worth? And if people are willing to do the same job for less, then whoever is willing to do it for the least should get the job?

Guest GhostRanger

How do you justify that though? Surely people should just get paid for what they're worth? And if people are willing to do the same job for less, then whoever is willing to do it for the least should get the job?

I agree with your point but I don't think its relevant. Often those who work for minimum wage don't do it because they are willing to, but because they have no choice. People should be paid what their worth, but I believe that there should be a minimum worth for manual labor.

no, i will not. they dont deserve money. you can donate if you want to, but they dont deserve anything. thats why they call it a donation. i dont give a crap about poor and needy, they should just go get a job.

I can tell you're pretty young, so I'll go easy on you.

The primary objective of income taxes is not to decrease income for the rich and increase it for the poor. The objective is improve society. While it may seem black and white in your view, it is far from it. Let's assume a child is born in a poor family in your state. He does not receive any education as his parents can not afford this, and hence he has no choice but to steal for a living. He mugs another guy and gets caught. He is arrested and sent to jail. You and your fellow taxpayers now pay thousands of dollars per year to afford to keep this system in place for "his" sake. Let's instead assume that there were taxes in place that allowed him to get himself an education and get a job. Which do you think will cost *you* less in the end? This is a crystal clear example of how taxes can be beneficial for everyone.

In your black and white redneck world it may very well be as simple as "getting a job". However, this is not true for everyone. In my country your odds of getting a job decrease severely if you have a foreign family name for example, and the unemployment rate is massive. These are intellectuals, academics. Yet, they lack work due to the current economical climate. I suppose this is their fault aswell, and they should starve to death because you were lucky and they were not? A mock question of course, but you get the idea.

The very notion that taxes only help the poor is moronic. While it may help the rich to a lesser degree, it will affect the lives of everyone. Imagine suddenly losing your precious job and finding that there are currently next to no jobs vacant where you live. Whoops, suddenly you have a problem. With the kind of system that is in place in many nations in Europe, you would get economical support aswell as help in getting a new job. This service is obviously founded by taxes.

Guess which system has the smallest amount of homeless people? Thieves? Killers?

Yeah, it's not the one you want. It's interesting to note that you share views with a large number of famous communistic leaders in the sense of isolationistic politics. "It doesn't concern me". That may work for you, but my world does not look like that. For every action there is reaction, and thinking that your bubble will never burst is weak and naive.

This world doesn't need any more of attitudes like the one you are displaying, and it doesn't need selfish isolationism. It doesn't need your contempt or your arrogance What this world needs is people who actually, genuinly, care. You are superfluous.

Welcome to my world.

I believe that there should be a minimum worth for manual labor.

What's special about labour that it deserves a "minimum worth" compared to the investment of dollars in shares for example? Why doesn't the government guarantee a minimum return on investment for shareholders?

Because you're talking about the same thing. You invest your time in 'work' but you think that you deserve a minimum return on your time, and other people invest money in shares, should the government give them a minimum return?

Looks like they are trying to encourage the piracy of games.
Truth. The most frequent reason I hear as to why anyone I know pirates anything is because "it's jus too expensive to keep buying it legit".

The primary objective of income taxes is not to decrease income for the rich and increase it for the poor. The objective is improve society. While it may seem black and white in your view, it is far from it. Let's assume a child is born in a poor family in your state. He does not receive any education as his parents can not afford this, and hence he has no choice but to steal for a living. He mugs another guy and gets caught. He is arrested and sent to jail. You and your fellow taxpayers now pay thousands of dollars per year to afford to keep this system in place for "his" sake. Let's instead assume that there were taxes in place that allowed him to get himself an education and get a job. Which do you think will cost *you* less in the end? This is a crystal clear example of how taxes can be beneficial for everyone.

the objectives for taxes are for the rich politicians to get richer, the benefit of mankind is their excuse. i dont see why you say that kid has no choice but to steal, what about the person he is stealing from? is the owner the robbers slave, working just to have it all taken from him?

In your black and white redneck world it may very well be as simple as "getting a job". However, this is not true for everyone. In my country your odds of getting a job decrease severely if you have a foreign family name for example, and the unemployment rate is massive. These are intellectuals, academics. Yet, they lack work due to the current economical climate. I suppose this is their fault aswell, and they should starve to death because you were lucky and they were not? A mock question of course, but you get the idea.

maybe if there were less economic restrictions in your countries more buisnesses would open up there. the economic climate is the way it is because its not worth opening up a buisness anymore, with the costs so high and the payoff too little.

The very notion that taxes only help the poor is moronic. While it may help the rich to a lesser degree, it will affect the lives of everyone. Imagine suddenly losing your precious job and finding that there are currently next to no jobs vacant where you live. Whoops, suddenly you have a problem. With the kind of system that is in place in many nations in Europe, you would get economical support aswell as help in getting a new job. This service is obviously founded by taxes.

if their are no jobs around where you are, go somewhere else. or dont work, and starve to death. personally, i wouldnt mind moving.

Guess which system has the smallest amount of homeless people? Thieves? Killers?

united states, with 9 times the popluation of canada, has around 750,000 homeless. canada has around 200,000. we are 1,050,000 short of having the same amount per capita.

Yeah, it's not the one you want. It's interesting to note that you share views with a large number of famous communistic leaders in the sense of isolationistic politics. "It doesn't concern me". That may work for you, but my world does not look like that. For every action there is reaction, and thinking that your bubble will never burst is weak and naive.

isolationistic? where does that come in? i dont believe in any immigration laws at all, mexican, canadian, japanese is a stupid way to look at people. people are people. if they want to come here, fine.

This world doesn't need any more of attitudes like the one you are displaying, and it doesn't need selfish isolationism. It doesn't need your contempt or your arrogance What this world needs is people who actually, genuinly, care. You are superfluous.

ill agree completely with the selfish part. the thing is, i dont share the view that selfishness is bad. just because some book 2000 years old tells you selfishness is bad is a stupid reason to follow that view. i dont know what superfluous means, so i wont say anything about it.

Welcome to my world.

umm, did i miss something?

Campaign for a decent minimum wage then Wink The problem isn't the taxes, it's the corporations that are able to take advantage of your time Wink It always amuses me that it seems to be the poorest people in America that have the most republican views, and who are getting taken advantage of the most.

neither of my jobs are corporation jobs. one is a non-profit organization, the other is a family owned buisness. i get paid pretty much what the jobs are worth, there are millions of other people who could do both just as good or better than me. if i didnt get paid enough, i wouldnt work there :D

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Guest GhostRanger

I believe that there should be a minimum worth for manual labor.

What's special about labour that it deserves a "minimum worth" compared to the investment of dollars in shares for example? Why doesn't the government guarantee a minimum return on investment for shareholders?

Because you're talking about the same thing. You invest your time in 'work' but you think that you deserve a minimum return on your time, and other people invest money in shares, should the government give them a minimum return?

I don't see that as a valid comparison at all. I don't think you even came close to successfully comparing the two. Just because things are invested in each situation, doesn't mean they are comparable.

You put the word work in quotes as to discount its worth. Working deserves pay. Its the governments responsibility to keep the economy stable and give everyone a fair chance - in order to do that, there needs to be a minimum fair wage for anyone who is willing to work.

In economics, there are 3 (possibly 4, but keeping it simple) factors of production:

Land: All natural resources and raw materials used in the creation of products.

Labor: The human effort (including technical and marketing expertise) involved in production.

Capital: The wages for workers as well as any machines, equipment or tools that the money can buy.

The most efficient way to allocate resources is via the market. Having a minimum wage is distorting the market's allocation (much like, guaranteeing a minimum return on capital would be distorting the market). It's paying people more than what supply and demand dictates they should be paid, i.e. what the market says they should be worth.

Why do you think that people should be paid more than what the market says they're worth? What is special about 'labour', compared to 'capital' or 'land' ?

the objectives for taxes are for the rich politicians to get richer, the benefit of mankind is their excuse. i dont see why you say that kid has no choice but to steal, what about the person he is stealing from? is the owner the robbers slave, working just to have it all taken from him?

We are not discussing the moral issue here, so whether or not it is just to steal is pretty much irrelevant. What is not irrelevant is the fact that incidents like this is the result of the kind of society you wish to create. When you push someone far enough, they'll eventually start pushing back. Suddenly what you and I think becomes pretty much meaningless. Poverty equals crime. This is a universal truth.

maybe if there were less economic restrictions in your countries more buisnesses would open up there. the economic climate is the way it is because its not worth opening up a buisness anymore, with the costs so high and the payoff too little.

Most likely. This is why we are currently working to ensure it is easier to start new companies all while attempting to be able to maintain the high standard we offer our poor. This is working out pretty well so far, but as always there is room for improvement. But then again, it's not really any worse here than it is in the United States. We have the same problems of jobs moving outside the country, and that would not be solved by reduced taxes. Hence, this does not necesarily mean that lower taxes will create more work. It might, but it might not.

if their are no jobs around where you are, go somewhere else. or dont work, and starve to death. personally, i wouldnt mind moving.
That's pretty easy to say when you've never been unemployed for a long period of time. Not everyone is going to be able to get a job, it's as simple as that. You're just gonna have to accept that, whether or not you feel they deserve it or not.

united states, with 9 times the popluation of canada, has around 750,000 homeless. canada has around 200,000. we are 1,050,000 short of having the same amount per capita.

Yeah, but then again Canada isn't exactly the nation with the least homeless. A more fair comparision would be to various nations of western Europe as they are closer to the system I'm describing.

isolationistic? where does that come in? i dont believe in any immigration laws at all, mexican, canadian, japanese is a stupid way to look at people. people are people. if they want to come here, fine.
It comes in because what you are saying is that reduced taxes is a good thing as it benefits you and you don't have to worry about the consequences. The sad truth, however, is that you do. It will affect you no matter if you like it or not.

ill agree completely with the selfish part. the thing is, i dont share the view that selfishness is bad. just because some book 2000 years old tells you selfishness is bad is a stupid reason to follow that view. i dont know what superfluous means, so i wont say anything about it.
I don't care more about that book than you do, probably less. Religion is a product of the morals and ethics of our time, not the other way around. You might not care about the less fortunate, but in the end they are more of a threat to you than you are to them. You'd be wise not to push them too far. I couldn't really care less about what attitude you have to the world, but I didn't think it would be fair for you to live in a bubble of ignorance regarding the effects of letting each man fight for himself. If you still fail to see how taxes can benefit you, I think this is a lost cause.

Couldn't be bothered reading the article, but I'm guessing it's another ploy for the government to reap in more money rather than an idea derived from good intentions. The tax could help benefit overall, but the extremity of the rate in tax makes me feel that if this proposal does go through, it would encourage more illigal pirated imports from China and creating more problems than it intended to solve.

Guest GhostRanger
Why do you think that people should be paid more than what the market says they're worth? What is special about 'labour', compared to 'capital' or 'land' ?

Human rights. The governemt exists as a contract between the people to maintain equality and happiness. In order to fulfill that contract, the government has to make sure that everyone is provided a fair chance. Making a minimum wage helps to give everyone a fair chance to fulfill the American contract (the pursuit of happiness).

I'm sorry but I'm no economic idiot. You failed to show me how a minimum wage can throw the market off balance by paying people more than the market demands. That's because you failed to show me how the market demands less than the minimum wage. If someone is dirt poor and can't be hired, then without a minimum wage a company could pay her a dime a day. Is that what the market demands or is that a company taking advantage of someone who isn't as qualified as you?

You have to remember the basic rule of economics: when peope make money, they spend money. If you dont' have a minimum wage then you will start to develop a terrible and unescable poverty class. That class will never make money, and therefore, will never spend money. When you pay that class minimum wage, you are allowing them to 1) live and 2) contribute to the success of the economy. It contributes to the balance... :roll:

Human rights. The governemt exists as a contract between the people to maintain equality and happiness. In order to fulfill that contract, the government has to make sure that everyone is provided a fair chance.

Ah, so you do care about the poor and needy. Excellent :D

How do you think hospitals, schools and roads are paid for?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Human rights. The governemt exists as a contract between the people to maintain equality and happiness. In order to fulfill that contract, the government has to make sure that everyone is provided a fair chance.

quoted me dusqi :lol:

currently by taxes. they could easily be privatized and let buisnesses run them, they would do everything more efficiently and better.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

quoted me dusqi :lol:

currently by taxes. they could easily be privatized and let buisnesses run them, they would do everything more efficiently and better.

And then we wouldn't have as many and rural America would be in the [cabbage]house

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

Guest GhostRanger

Er...I think you misquoted me...indy500fan was the one who said the quote about the poor and needy. I'd like to think of myself as not quite so heartless... :P