Disruption Shield at Duel Arena

Leoo

I just unlocked the Disruption Shield spell from Livid Farm. I just remembered that there was update that allowed players to use it in Duel Arena. I'm asking to see if there are any methods of utilizing the spell during duels and if there are any limitations?

Thanks in advance!

Mage with staff on, polypore staff, vengance, disruption shield. There's also mage/melee hybrid fights, but hopefully 999134 can explain that. :lol:

It can only be cast with mage enabled, so it is quite limited. :sad:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Mage with staff on, polypore staff, vengance, disruption shield. There's also mage/melee hybrid fights, but hopefully 999134 can explain that. :lol:

It can only be cast with mage enabled, so it is quite limited. :sad:

What about 'mage-boxing'?

Mage boxing means boxing (e.g. no equipment) with only magic enabled (no melee/ranged). So unless you found a way to cast combat spells on Lunars without the use of a polypore staff or borrowed power necklace, disrupt shield isn't going to help here (spellbook swap could be an option, though I'm not confident you can switch that fast).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Mage boxing means boxing (e.g. no equipment) with only magic enabled (no melee/ranged). So unless you found a way to cast combat spells on Lunars without the use of a polypore staff or borrowed power necklace, disrupt shield isn't going to help here (spellbook swap could be an option, though I'm not confident you can switch that fast).

I was just going to ask that. Couldn't SoA and vengeance be used together if you just spell book swap? As i understand it, there is no in game speed limit to prevent you from doing so (Or at least it's less than the 4-5 ticks each SoA must be cast.)

I don't think it would even require an insane amount of actions per minute, and there are always mousekeys. (Are autoclickers that click a predefined spot, but only once, legit? (not that jagex would be able to tell anyway.))

CNqWHdA.jpg

No, that's not allowed since it's using absolute mouse movements. If you are using AHK or any other program to move your mouse, it needs to be relative to your current mouse location, meaning you cant press a button and have your mouse jump to quick prayers from any location on the screen.

Also, true autoclickers are always against the rules. The name gives it away. Not sure what you are referring to here, though.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

Blood barrage vs. SoA is either 145 damage + 36.25 healing or straight-up 190 damage.

Of course with spellbook swap you can alternate :P.

I don't know whether you can swap quickly enough to cast at full speed, if you can, it's the best mage boxing method. Try it out ;).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I was talking about setting up an autoclicker to click on spell book with the 1 key, right click SoA with key 2, left click cast on key 3... Etc for the entire attack pattern, which would avoid any out of game speed problems and make the technically possible plausibly possible.

I understand (and appreciate) that this is against the rules, but i only remembered "1 key for 1 click" part of it so though I'd check.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Blood barrage vs. SoA is either 145 damage + 36.25 healing or straight-up 190 damage.

Of course with spellbook swap you can alternate :P.

I don't know whether you can swap quickly enough to cast at full speed, if you can, it's the best mage boxing method. Try it out ;).

Brb, making Bills before this is common knowledge. (...I'm not sure if I'm being serious.)

CNqWHdA.jpg

I was talking about setting up an autoclicker to click on spell book with the 1 key, right click SoA with key 2, left click cast on key 3... Etc for the entire attack pattern, which would avoid any out of game speed problems and make the technically possible plausibly possible.

I understand (and appreciate) that this is against the rules, but i only remembered "1 key for 1 click" part of it so though I'd check.

That doesn't sound like an autoclicker. If I'm understanding correctly, there's nothing automatic at all about a setup like that. But I don't see how that would save time. You still need to manually move the mouse in order to do all of that I think?

Apologies if I'm majorly derping here and missing something very obvious in your post.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

That doesn't sound like an autoclicker. If I'm understanding correctly, there's nothing automatic at all about a setup like that. But I don't see how that would save time. You still need to manually move the mouse in order to do all of that I think?

Apologies if I'm majorly derping here and missing something very obvious in your post.

Well the mouse would be moving in different directions and doing different things with the press of a key. You just said that's against the rules in your other post. :P

I honestly don't see why regular mouse keys are legal in the first place, jagex have decided their poor interface is a feature of difficulty and not a fixable bug (typical jagex.) so doing anything to make that easier seems like cheating to me.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Disruption Shield lasts indefinitely until it is activated and I believe it remains active even if you switch spellbooks, so unless entering a Duel removes the effects of a previously cast Disruption Shield (I know entering the Wilderness does not), you can cast DS, switch to ancients/modern, then enter the duel and be able to get 1 free hit.