GIve us Elysian back?

Dire_Wolf

Asking only people who want to help me not troll me, do you think Jagex would give Elysian back to me and m yfriends?

We got a Elysian and got adventure log of it.

I want to KNOW a good reason why we can't have it back if we got proof we got it?

Asking only people who want to help me not troll me, do you think Jagex would give Elysian back to me and m yfriends?

I want to KNOW a good reason why we can't have it back if we got proof we got it?

As far as I know, Jagex has never returned an item lost for any reason. With that said, how did you lose it in the first place?

Umanyar.png

As far as I know, Jagex has never returned an item lost for any reason. With that said, how did you lose it in the first place?

rolled back just a minute to early.

I didnt even know there was a rollback. But I doubt they would give it back. AFAIK, they last time they did a full game rollback (back when dunge came out and the rc xp was wrong, again, this is the last one i know of) they didnt return anything lost upon rollback. Its pretty much just suck it up from them, especially since they are now more of a corporate minded company, instead of looking out for what is best for the players. It wouldnt hurt to contact them, but dont get your hopes up.

Umanyar.png

rolled back just a minute to early.

ohmy.gif That's... horrible. My condolences, but it can't be returned, it's never been done because it would set a precedent that Jagex could never keep to.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

ohmy.gif That's... horrible. My condolences, but it can't be returned, it's never been done because it would set a precedent that Jagex could never keep to.

But for what reason do they not return? Not that i can't imagine it, but what has Jagex said is their reason for not returning?

But for what reason do they not return? Not that i can't imagine it, but what has Jagex said is their reason for not returning?

That they're not able to. For anything further, you'd have to ask Jagex.

You still have your LSP prior to the drop so you're not that bad off honestly.

hzvjpwS.gif

In my first post i asked for a GOOD reason why.

I repeaat: YOUR NOT HELPING ME. Your telling me their policy is that.

Edited by Ellac

"That we are not able to" is bullshit-- they are too able to do it but they take that line because it's the most convenient excuse. They don't want to, because it would be a logistical nightmare for themselves. As immature as their playerbase is if they made one exception you'd have a whole bunch of whiny teens spamming the heck out of the forums about how they "lost" items too.

I think what it comes down to is that Jagex is not big enough nor wealthy enough to hire the manpower to provide that degree of "customer support." In fact, Blizzard with WOW is the ONLY company I know of that actually does investigations for lost items and returns stuff to players. And they are able to do so because the combination of the largest player base of any MMO and high buy-in/subscription fees made Blizzard money hand-over-fist.

td2sig.jpg

In my first post i asked for a GOOD reason why.

I repeaat: YOUR NOT HELPING ME. Your telling me their policy is that.

^ the reason Jagex has a strict no return policy on this. They dont want to have any sort of gray line for this.

Edited by Ellac
Umanyar.png

You are sounding a little butthurt dude....

They won't give back items because they don't have to. Why is that their policy? You should go over to Jagex's HQ and ask them because we don't know.

I am upset over Elysian loss, but i am not gonna take smart remarks from someone who i KNOW dislikes me, andtell me "It's their policy" and "At least you got lsp" when clearly i asked in first post i asked for a GOOD reason for why they don't want to give items back.

They do not do it because once they do it once, it opens the door for all kinds of abuse from all the greedy kids and trolls who start begging for items they never had to begin with. It's simpler for Jagex to take the hard line and tell you that you are SOL. Do I agree with their policy? No, I think it's not the right way to treat customers. But I understand it, especially when you consider how small Jagex really is in terms of employees. Even if you don't count the hordes of false-claims, there will still be an overwhelming amount of work for a staff utterly incapable of handling it.

td2sig.jpg

when clearly i asked for a GOOD reason for why they don't want to give items back.

They don't have a good reason. Accept that instead of asking us for answers we can't give instead of getting upset when people tell you the truth. You're taking your anger for Jagex's unfair policy out on the people who you're seeking help from, which is downright childish.

hzvjpwS.gif

They do not do it because once they do it once, it opens the door for all kinds of abuse from all the greedy kids and trolls who start begging for items they never had to begin with. It's simpler for Jagex to take the hard line and tell you that you are SOL.

In other words: They don't care about their players.

Just like they have bad custom support.

Bravo Jagex.

They don't have a good reason. Accept that instead of asking us for answers we can't give instead of getting upset when people tell you the truth. You're taking your anger for Jagex's unfair policy out on the people who you're seeking help from, which is downright childish.

You see the bold text? This is what i would expect from a intelligent woman as yourself to point out right away.

END OF THREAD:

They have no good reason or are lazy.

Edited by Ellac

Alright, shit happens. You aren't the first person this has had happen to. Yes, an Elysian is an insane chunk of money, but did you actually LOSE money in the process? did you die magically and lose your items? no. The reason Jagex cant do anything about it and "It's their Policy", is because there is hundreds of thousands of people who either have this happen or bullshit it. If they do it for one person, they have to do it for ALL, and that can do WAAAAAAY more damage then good to the game. Imagine if someone got rolled-back during a Duel Arena stake and he won a blue party hat. It got rolled back so the other guy has it and he doesn't now. If Jagex allowed it, that'd be a Blue Partyhat INJECTED into the game. and we all know how many people would bullshit that for dupes.

Edited by Ellac

Popoto.~<3

Jagex are lazy [bleep]ers. WoW does it, Jagex just CBF, since their Customer Support is non-existant.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

They do not do it because once they do it once, it opens the door for all kinds of abuse from all the greedy kids and trolls who start begging for items they never had to begin with. It's simpler for Jagex to take the hard line and tell you that you are SOL.

In other words: They don't care about their players.

Just like they have bad custom support.

Bravo Jagex.

Well, this shouldn't be news to you if you have played any amount of time. Jagex is now and has pretty much always been in it for the almighty pound, from not too long after Members came out. Throughout classic, the playerbase was smaller and Jagex was smaller, and the devs interacted with the players on a semi-regular basis. Paul regularly played updates with the players to gather feedback. As the game grew larger and Jagex started making real profits off it, the corporate mentality set in and they stopped caring about the players. Then, the rest is history up to the point now where Jagex is controlled by investors who are deliberately sabotaging the integrity of the game with stupid shit like the "Wheel of Microtransactions" to make an extra buck.

td2sig.jpg

Alright, shit happens. You aren't the first person this has had happen to. Yes, an Elysian is an insane chunk of money, but did you actually LOSE money in the process? did you die magically and lose your items? no. The reason Jagex cant do anything about it and "It's their Policy", is because there is hundreds of thousands of people who either have this happen or bullshit it. If they do it for one person, they have to do it for ALL, and that can do WAAAAAAY more damage then good to the game. Imagine if someone got rolled-back during a Duel Arena stake and he won a blue party hat. It got rolled back so the other guy has it and he doesn't now. If Jagex allowed it, that'd be a Blue Partyhat INJECTED into the game. and we all know how many people would bullshit that for dupes.

I will tell you this: It's lazyness.

Squeal injects items into game and affects Runescape. Yet they do that.

And rollbacks don't appear all day.

They should at least give back items to people who got proof that they got drop off boss. They can work on a way to do this, but they don't bother.

Staking returns is tricky but until they figure out how to deal with stakers, they should give back items to boss hunters.

Boss hunters is not a hard task to find out if someone got item or not. Check their adventure logs?

Why should boss hunters be left in dark just because returning items to Stakers is a more complicated issue? At least provide a way for boss hunters to get items back.

Or does rollbacks happen everyday?

Edited by Ellac

For the sake and sanity of most involved in this thread, Im gonna hijack and ask a question. When exactly was this rollback, and what were the reasons?

It was around a hour ago. Anyhow, i am gonna calm myself.

Disappointed however at how Runescape community do not strive to change things for better and accept every thing.

I don't see how Jagex can't work on a way to give people items back if they have proof like Adventurers log.

Sure it will bring up many questions, but at least they could try to tackle this issue.

But they don't want to do thhat. Such bad customer support.

Thanks Will for your replies.

Oliboli1992 (my friend) adventure log:

http://services.runescape.com/m=adventurers-log/display_player_profile.ws?searchName=oliboli1992

Elysian dropped.

They should at least give back items to people who got proof that they got drop off boss. They can work on a way to do this, but they don't bother.

This. They are more than able to find out when an item is lost, how it was lost, who lost it, etc... Pretty much all mmos do this, and it is part of their player support work: you lose an item accidentally (sold to an npc by mistake), because of a bug or just for a bs reason that was out of your control, and you usually get it back in 24 hours. Ofc, you gotta give exact details: server/world, time, etc... to make it easier for them to corroborate.

Jagex doesn't give items back simply because they don't want to, as it means actually more work for them.

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

I apologise that I'd left without realising you'd asked me a question, but I'll have a try at answering it now.

From the best of my knowledge, their reasoning has gone like this: If Jagex were to deliberately hand an Elysian Spirit Shield to you, and word got out, then that sets a precedent. They'd have to give everyone who had monster drops erased from their accounts, which would not be possible because the rollback by its nature erases that data. You might say, "Ah, but what about just drops on the Adventurer's Log?" It might be written there that you received the drop, but how does Jagex know what happened to that Elysian between the drop and the rollback?

They have no way of knowing if you gave it to a friend, or traded part of its value in gp to someone else as a way of splitting the drops, something which I've done myself. There are possibilities here that, if left unchecked, would allow someone to walk away with hundreds of millions more coins (even more, if we're talking about staking) than they would have received had the rollback never happened. There would also be the flood of false claims and tactics by other players to get money they didn't deserve after the precedent has been set. In the end, without the control or complete confidence in the facts of the situation, Jagex has always steered well clear of it.

Again, my sympathies, but a little bit of justice in the short term for a single player would result in many gross injustices for many more players later on. If you have any further questions, please feel free to PM me.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

They'd have to give everyone who had monster drops erased from their accounts, which would not be possible because the rollback by its nature erases that data. You might say, "Ah, but what about just drops on the Adventurer's Log?" It might be written there that you received the drop, but how does Jagex know what happened to that Elysian between the drop and the rollback?

Well if you got elysian and went to g.e and sold it, and Jagex did a rollback, wouldn't the item go back to unsold?

Sets a nightmare of a precedent if they were to. Simple as that. They'd have to be constantly doing rollbacks or returns for people who have lost [x] because of [y]

It is easier (and fairer) to have a standard no returns policy, than to delve into such a realm which creates a helluva lot of grey area.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER