Bots Still Around

SHADOW STALKER

Agreed, I've been mining for 15 hours in LRC this week (got mining cape woohoow) and I noticed how several +130's were running to bank chest while there was a portable bank placed by a player like 3 squares away from the mining rock...

I reported every single player who kept running to bank. But tbh I saw them running every single day in line. So they should really work on the reporting system too. Why should I bother reporting obvious bots if they aren't being dealt with. I mean, I play 5 hours a day (mostly at work, yes I'm lucky) but I vary my XP and chat alot etc. Those players are online for hours without doing an other skill, without talking, without checking their XP rate etc... It's just so obvious to spot bots, it makes me angry that Jagex doesn't do a thing to stop it... I know every member bot is also a paying 'player' but people will leave RS if the problem continues...

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

Agreed, I've been mining for 15 hours in LRC this week (got mining cape woohoow) and I noticed how several +130's were running to bank chest while there was a portable bank placed by a player like 3 squares away from the mining rock...

I reported every single player who kept running to bank. But tbh I saw them running every single day in line. So they should really work on the reporting system too. Why should I bother reporting obvious bots if they aren't being dealt with. I mean, I play 5 hours a day (mostly at work, yes I'm lucky) but I vary my XP and chat alot etc. Those players are online for hours without doing an other skill, without talking, without checking their XP rate etc... It's just so obvious to spot bots, it makes me angry that Jagex doesn't do a thing to stop it... I know every member bot is also a paying 'player' but people will leave RS if the problem continues...

I was mining at the LRC today next to the portable bank, but I didn't know they existed and assumed it was a solomon's store thing or something like that. (I've been away for a long time) and I was banking my ores lol because I was watching anime :P

Well it's not as if it harms to get reported when you're not a bot. Jagex clearly stated it's better to report a suspected bot and be wrong once in a while, than to ignore the problem and let the bots continue...

Although I still wonder if reporting a bot actually does something as a non-mod. I've been reporting the same mahogany chopping bot in tai bwo bwanna multiple times a day in line and he's gained 4 levels in the past week and is still there :'(

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

• 1 month later...

I tend to report bots, but it is essentially a waste of time. For example, the encouragers and/or advertisers, who manage to sustain writing 3 different lines in 1,5 seconds and repeating are obvious bots. Do they get banned? You know how it is.

The same goes for other bots: monster killing bots, skilling bots, minigame bots etc. They have completely swarmed RS and merely removing free trade and wilderness again (the latter is useless anyway) will not rectify the current situation.

This needs to take more extreme measures, such as identity validation and 1 account per person enforcement. After all, it is MEMBER accounts that are sold and MEMBERS are able to make money much easier. One can argue that this will hurt players who want to have different playstyle accounts. Yet that is a neccessary sacrifice. Just like free trade was.

Perhaps if bots were not so dead obvious... But nah, extreme measures are needed. What happened to the "we don't want your computer to play with our computer" attitude?

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)