Bots Still Around

SHADOW STALKER

I hate the bots while training skills like fishing, woodcutting, mining.. etc all the prices are down.

I love the bots while training fletching, magic, herblore... etc all the prices are up..

=D

suqi.png

Alright, I'm convinced that I'm about the only one who is not having problems with bots. And I'm a guy who fights monsters A LOT, and I really mean a lot.

When I fight monsters, I can always fight them no problem.

But I still think it's not easy to tell whether someone is a bot or a legitimate player. Because like someone else pointed out, there are plenty of skills that require you to do the same things over and over again, and just because someone is doing that for hours doesn't mean they're bots, more likely it means that person has a lot of free time on their hands.

I think this is funny coming from someone with slayer in 70's and not even maxed cb. I myself think I fight alot, although I'm only 96 slayer.

And yes there is a huge problem, but less for the higher leveled players. I just do blue dragons at Kura's cave, so bots can't bother me there and I don't get green or red dragons as tasks.

Once I get nechs the problem starts though, in chaos tunnels & in slayer tower the place is packed with bots.

Leveling skilling skills is a major pain at certain spots. I need red chins to get my ranged to 99 but it's simply impossible to get a decent success rate at the hunt spots due to at least 2-3 bots

attracting the chins... Then people tell me, go hunt jadinko's: way better XP. Agreed but certain people (like me) don't mind losing a little XP if you gain items/cash with it. Because in the end,

you will need money for certain skills (herblore, pray, con, sum...)

Bots annoy the hell out of me and it annoys me even more that I see the same ****ing bots day after day even after reporting them multiple times a day...

What's the use of making reporting easier if the banning/rollbacks don't happen???

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

I feel like the majority of people who hate bots are the ones who like being really inefficient.

Anyone who knows what they're doing wouldn't be hurt by chin/dragon/flax/whatever bots. If anything they benefit from cheap range/craft/fletching xp.

The only problem comes from things like frost and nech bots. They make those things less efficient, but it doesn't really matter, cuz then you can just do something more efficient. I'll only be worried when you can't do anything without being interrupted by bots.

I think this is funny coming from someone with slayer in 70's and not even maxed cb.

That's because I have a life and playing RuneScape isn't the only thing I do.

No point in getting defensive about your personal life.

Honestly, I no longer really care about bots. If people don't want to enjoy the game like it is intended to be enjoyed than that's their loss. Also, regarding future bot nukes, we all know how quickly bots were back after the major bot nuke last year, I don't think Jagex is going to be capable of stopping bots.

I personally feel that accepting that people are going to bot in a grindy game like runescape is just what you have to do at some point. Until they actually prevent me from playing how I want to play though, I'm not really that annoyed by their presence.

The fact that they've always been around doesn't make them any less annoying or rant worthy.

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

There are areas of Runescape where legit paying players now cannot operate or play because the bots make it

immposible to do so, is that fair just because they have always been around ? I do not think so.......

Personally i havent encountered any bots apart from the ones in ge, selling gp, but if they are such a problem, do something different and/or change world. quit whining.

Rib7.png

Personally i havent encountered any bots apart from the ones in ge, selling gp, but if they are such a problem, do something different and/or change world. quit whining.

You have not encountered any bots other than at GE, are you standing in one spot and not moving ? They are everywhere, dragons (Blue, Green and Frost)

fishing, sorcerers garden, yews, magics, mining etc etc etc.

All the above in most worlds I visit.

I don't understand how Runescape thinks if you lower the price of pretty much all the items... That will stop the bots but all it is doing is making them be around longer and make people made that items are loosing value.

Going to be Stalking my Prey from the Shadows

Dreaded_W0lf.png

• 4 weeks later...

How can you not see the bot problem? When I played lfor a few weeks maybe a year or two ago, in the edgeville dungeon where the Chaos Druids are, I was down there killing them for herbs, and there where a bunch of bots, running in the same path, same delay in picking up dropped items, with similar names.

Poochu.png

Though I don't like bots, Disrupting their activities is great fun for me.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

It would be nice if there was a screen where you could track what "bots" you had reported so that you could essentially open a "botting case file" so that you could submit more significant proof and stand a better chance of getting them banned.

Alright, I'm convinced that I'm about the only one who is not having problems with bots. And I'm a guy who fights monsters A LOT, and I really mean a lot.

When I fight monsters, I can always fight them no problem.

But I still think it's not easy to tell whether someone is a bot or a legitimate player. Because like someone else pointed out, there are plenty of skills that require you to do the same things over and over again, and just because someone is doing that for hours doesn't mean they're bots, more likely it means that person has a lot of free time on their hands.

Im with you the same I mean how would people know there bots? They might have there chat off just like you said

Not like you guys have a program and type the username in and it says there using any type of bot.

Bots are never going to stop somebody well keep developing them.

Homehome21.png

"This is weird, I fight monsters a lot in RuneScape, and have never experienced a problem with bots. But let me ask, how do you know they're bots and not just some people with chat off? "

When they're level 115+ in D legs and a Granite body, they're bots. I mean, there's the chance they're just high leveled players with awful armor taste, but i'm leaning towards the bots.

Geekoverlord.png

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Runescape has policies now?

archsupportei2.png

First barrows drop 12/12/08 - Aharims Robeskirt FTW XD

I feel like the majority of people who hate bots are the ones who like being really inefficient.

Anyone who knows what they're doing wouldn't be hurt by chin/dragon/flax/whatever bots. If anything they benefit from cheap range/craft/fletching xp.

I have to agree here. I mean, I'm in no way efficient and I haven't been members for a long time. but if you can do something really well then bots shouldn't be a problem.

I've also been accused of being a bot so many times in the past and now. Most of the time I have chat off or I ignore you if you are not really saying anything important. Or I could be multitasking (I read and runecraft at the same time so I don't read the text box at all). Every once and a while I have to type "I am not a bot" and engage in conversation so I can keep from getting reported. But if bots are really that big or a problem, you can do 1 of 3 things.

1)Quit

2) Move to an entirely different server

3) Become more efficient

It seems a bit unfair I camp world 75 (93 before it disappeared and when I was F2P) and I'm not Portuguese but at 475 people in the world, I doubt I see any bots. I mean, the entire Dwarven Mines is near empty, at almost every time of day/night. And if I do see a bot, well, that be the way it works. People will cheat with incentive to do so.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

• 2 weeks later...

There is one thing I need to say. Just because someone doesn't reply to what you say to them doesn't mean they're bots, they can also have their chat off.

This is weird, I fight monsters a lot in RuneScape, and have never experienced a problem with bots. But let me ask, how do you know they're bots and not just some people with chat off?

Because when there are 3 lvl 50+ players wearing bronze armour and stabing cows in Burthorpe it seems pretty obvious that they are bots?!? not to mention their names are variations of a series of numbers and letters ie. '54lwn2o1m3o' or '54lwjao2kdo'

BIOfrequency.pngBIOfrequency.pngBIOfrequency.png

Other Goals:

50+ All skills, 80+ Combat lvl, 1500+ Total lvl

i realize this is in bad taste but i would like bots to stay (to keep the price of dragon bones down) until the day after i get 95 prayer ;)

"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances."

Benjamin Franklin

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png

Alright, I wanna clear something up. When I made that post, it might have looked like I was defending bots, I was not.

Now in other video games I do use cheat codes, but I would never do it in RuneScape because I know it's against the rules. And to be honest I am against bots ruining the game. Fortunately they never caused me any problems as I was able to kill monsters and train other skills just fine. But to anyone who has to deal with them, I understand your frustration.

"This is weird, I fight monsters a lot in RuneScape, and have never experienced a problem with bots. But let me ask, how do you know they're bots and not just some people with chat off? "

When they're level 115+ in D legs and a Granite body, they're bots. I mean, there's the chance they're just high leveled players with awful armor taste, but i'm leaning towards the bots.

People like that are the ones I tend to believe are bots. Walking through Taverly Dungeon the other day and seeing 4-5 players with names which looked like they headbutted the keyboard wearing that setup with a combat level of 100+. Just doesn't make any logical sense.

• Like 1

Achieved 99 Woodcutting on 12/06/08