Personality type and how you play

stonewall337

This thread has been made several times already.....

My type doesn't effect my gameplay at all.

That's BS. It effects everything in your life TBH.

But its interesting how many ENTJ's there are here, since only 2-5% of the population are ENTJ's.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Every now and then I'll troll someone. I prefer trolling IRL though. :twisted:

I love you, oh so much.

To be honest, it doesn't really affect every single thing in your life. It's mainly focused on your preferences and how you might do something in a certain, such as how my type will sometimes click with how I play, but it isn't entirely subjected to what it says on the INTP when it comes to my personal gaming habits. The most important thing is that that there is a degree of interpretation that is involved when reading the descriptions of the Myers-Briggs personality types, which can result in different viewpoints of people reading their type.

I do know Randox took one of those real and in-depth tests recently and knows way more about the subject than I am. Maybe she could provide a more articulate way of saying it.

I love you, oh so much.

To be honest, it doesn't really affect every single thing in your life. It's mainly focused on your preferences and how you might do something in a certain, such as how my type will sometimes click with how I play, but it isn't entirely subjected to what it says on the INTP when it comes to my personal gaming habits. The most important thing is that that there is a degree of interpretation that is involved when reading the descriptions of the Myers-Briggs personality types, which can result in different viewpoints of people reading their type.

I do know Randox took one of those real and in-depth tests recently and knows way more about the subject than I am. Maybe she could provide a more articulate way of saying it.

Can you name one thing in life your personality does not influence? it influences how you act, speak, think, your preferences, your decisions, your life style, your worldview, what you are willing or want to believe. Heck, even the colors you like are in some way influenced.

For all intents and purposes, it influences your life.

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

I love you, oh so much.

Can you name one thing in life your personality does not influence? it influences how you act, speak, think, your preferences, your decisions, your life style, your worldview, what you are willing or want to believe. Heck, even the colors you like are in some way influenced.

But it isn't going to outright decide it. For one, my talents and career interests don't exactly fit the archetype by any means, and it seems a bit of stretch to say a test has a hand in to one's favorite color. And isn't "influence" a bit too much since you're implying that a test result magically changes your life and decides what you do from that point? From what I am seeing, the test is merely a description more than a guide that decides your fate down to how you should believe things. More of a "you are likely this and do best under 'X' circumstances in the case of most WXYZs" rather than "you have to do it this way and are this kind of person completely".

Don't get me wrong. I do have beliefs in the Myers-Briggs personality and the archetypes, but it isn't 100% accurate and shouldn't be taken for face value. I've dabbled in the subject before (out of interest) and don't believe one test should be treated like a messianic text that decides your fate.

I love you, oh so much.

But it isn't going to outright decide it. For one, my talents and career interests don't exactly fit the archetype by any means, and it seems a bit of stretch to say a test has a hand in to one's favorite color. And isn't "influence" a bit too much since you're implying that a test result magically changes your life and decides what you do from that point? From what I am seeing, the test is merely a description more than a guide that decides your fate down to how you should believe things. More of a "you are likely this and do best under 'X' circumstances in the case of most WXYZs" rather than "you have to do it this way and are this kind of person completely".

Don't get me wrong. I do have beliefs in the Myers-Briggs personality and the archetypes, but it isn't 100% accurate and shouldn't be taken for face value. I've dabbled in the subject before (out of interest) and don't believe one test should be treated like a messianic text that decides your fate.

You completely missed what I said. I said ones PERSONALITY influences their life. Not ones PERSONALITY TYPE. The type is just a tool. That should clear the confusion up.

Stonewall337.png

The way I see it, the Myers Briggs test is a tool to help you understand yourself (and other people) better. It is general enough that there are variations within any type, but in the context on interests (I did mine as part of a career counseling function) it can help steer you towards things that might interest you.

I am an INTP, with high bias for I and T (was closer to neutral for N and P).

For me, I normally go for a fairly solitary play style, though in training environments where other people don't significantly impact on my xp rate I do enjoy having someone to talk to. I don't care much for efficiency. I normally aim for the highest xp rate that is easily obtainable, and if said rate is high enough, I tend to enjoy the skill, because I feel like I am making progress.

In skills like combat, I am viciously isolationist though, and I picked my training spots based on the best xp rates I could get without constantly having someone else near my spot (settled on living rocks). If I don't have someone to talk to in the area, I chat with people in friends and clan chat.

What is your personality type, and does it reflect how you play and interact in 'scape?

Do you talk in a CC/FC a lot?

On skype?

On vent/mumble?

Are you efficient?

Do you troll?

Just a few questions to consider how you would relate your personality to how you play.

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

Test here.

I'm an ENTJ. That's part of why I hate idiots, and the incompetent.(Edit for dumb typo)

Sometimes I talk in Fc/CC a lot but sometimes I like to have a bit of quietness.

I'm not very efficient, I play to have fun and not to troll or cause other people to be miserable. Some people don't understand the fact that I play to have fun, until 10 minutes of asking me question after question...Baarahroom.

Also those tests aren't really great, in general different personalities and traits can be found in everyone...in some situations people do this or that, in others they do the complete opposite.

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

What is your personality type, and does it reflect how you play and interact in 'scape?

INTP master race.

quite a bit

On skype?

no, me encanta musica

On vent/mumble?

no

Are you efficient?

very, I've averaged about 110k xp/hr my whole rs career

Do you troll?

yes, all the time

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

ISTJ

I agree with the introverted part because I rarely talk to anyone whether it be in friends chat, cc, ingame or on skype. Well I do talk but I don't usually begin the conversation unless I really like this person.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

ISFP, meh kinda.

Sometimes

On skype?

yea

On vent/mumble?

no

Are you efficient?

only like 68k/h over whole rs career, dunno if thats good or not

Do you troll?

depends on the situation

Some famous ISFP's are John Lennon and JK Rowling, what even