Jagex's customer support.

Arceus

Perhaps it was wrong of me to rush to judgement on Jagex's customer support, because after this experience I have concluded that it is absolutely wonderful.

I was unable to access the forums on my account, so I emailed them about the problem on April 11. Later that afternoon it sorted itself out, but when I went to check my email account, I saw they had responded, dated May 1. There was all the standard form letter stuff and then it looked like a human took over and realized, "Oh! You ARE able to access the forums due to your total skill level!"

And to add insult to injury for a nearly 3 week response time, it was in the Spam filter. My email gets a decent amount of spam since Tip.it was hijacked.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Actually, i found their customer support to be brilliant. I had some issues which got sorted out in 2 days. Had about 20 emails sent back and forth, each one of mine getting a reply within hours if not minutes.

Weird...

Actually, i found their customer support to be brilliant. I had some issues which got sorted out in 2 days. Had about 20 emails sent back and forth, each one of mine getting a reply within hours if not minutes.

Weird...

You're a member and he's f2p?

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Weird...

You're a member and he's f2p?

Account did not have membership status at that moment. Well, at least one of the two didn't.

But they had to help me resolve two issues. An issue on both of the accounts. I saw no difference in the way they handled either situation (i resolved the F2P before the P2P as well).

• 2 weeks later...

Their customer support is sooooo much better now than it even was a few months ago. Then, there was no email to use and Jmods were never in the respective support forums. At least now we have that, even if it still isn't perfect.

alazsig.png

My experience with the customer support is that it's absolutely terrible. They're usually quick to respond, but what's the point when it's an automated reply that doesn't even answer the question?

I've never had an emailed query answered. Contacted Jagex yesterday and got a response this morning about something completely irrelevant.

cliffside1ra5.png

Sometimes I am very impressed with their support. I do have one story in particular, which if nothing else proves that they have at least a couple of really awesome people working for them. My teeth nearly fell out when our clan leader shared the email he got as proof.

On a more public front, they have been making a great effort to increase their presence in customer support, and in the account help section of their forums where most issues are now handled by jmods. They are also willing to support and work with player initiatives aimed at helping other players (as in actually working with jmods to help sort out the technical issues and allow things to be done which can't be done without their direct support.

This is probably the only area of their company I am totally impressed with right now, and I hope they keep going in this direction (of being helpful), because until recently its been quite abysmal.

For the life of me, I cannot find Jagex' customer support e-mail. I am not receiving password change e-mails that they have sent me. I've already tried [email protected]­m but that e-mail doesn't want to work. Help!

Oh and yes, I've checked the spam folder and inbox using the search bar.

• 1 month later...

Can someone please give me a direct way to contact Jagex. I still cannot figure out how to email them, and I'm absolutely outraged. I was hacked TWICE by the same people. Jagex does nothing to stop it. Lost over 100mill to these [wagon] and there is literally NOTHING I can do to stop them. Btw i have a prepaid membership card for a few months and I find it ridiculously frustrating to have put so much time, energy, and MONEY into Runescape to have it simply taken away from me with nothing I can do.

Someone PLEASE help me.

I honestly never had a good experience with any customer support in my life.

Pup, there are a plethora of "I've been hacked, help please" threads in Tip It forums. Look around, and you're sure to find tons of helpful advice. Here's a list of my own suggestions:

1. VIRUS SCAN FIRST. Most important thing to do is make sure you have no spyware on your computer. If it's still on there, it renders the following steps moot, and your account royally [bleep]ed.

2. Now that your computer is clean (assuming it was a virus that was causing the trouble, otherwise just take that as a random compliment) you can use your recovery questions to get your account back. You did set those, RIGHT?

3. If that didn't work for whatever reason, try requesting your password using your email. When logging in, just choose "forgotten password" and use your email to get it back.

4. If the hacker managed to disable your recoveries AND your email, you're in hot water. This shouldn't happen if you've been attentive with your account. This takes the hacker about 2 weeks to pull off without interruption. If you stay vigilant, they should never get the chance. However, if they did, try to recover your account by filling out a form asking for your first password, date of account creation, etc.

5. Pray that step 4 actually worked. Usually doesn't, but it shouldn't have come this far anyway if you were any careful.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Got to say I'm finding it a bit iffy, just had my account hacked and I'm not exactly confident I'll get it back before I've lost all my items.

I didn't play Wednesday and went to log in Thursday evening, pass didn't work and when I tried to re-set it my email address wasn't registered with the account.

I made a new account quickly and posted in the "lost control of my account" topic in the account help sub-forum to get my account locked down, however all posts are hidden, including what I'd posted, so I have no idea if anyone will act on it. I also emailed their account recovery address with information, but it states in the auto-reply that it can take 2 weeks for a response! I have a bank-pin but that'll get re-set in 3 days, I cannot fathom how with any reasonable number of customer service agents, an address for account recovery queries can take 2 weeks to get a response. I really do hope I get something sooner..

cakesncats056-1.jpg