Ideas 4 a F2P Quest

bigtom

Wot kind of stuff do u think cud happen in a new f2p quest.

Jagex shud giv f2p players somit very once in a wile (i no members pay 4 it but i mean like every 6 months).

I wud quite like somit to do with fighting a sort of war. Maybe it cud be different by letting u choose sides. In it u cud be either black knights or white knights and u hav to kill like 50 of the other side (like slayer in p2p). Maybe u cud also lead a group of ure own soldiers (like if u were white knights u cud have ureself, 2 white knight warriors, a white knight archer and a white knight mage).

You honestly need to take a minute, step away from the forums and do two things.

1. Pick up a dictionary and/or get a program that teaches you how to type.

2. Stop making pointless topics. Make a topic when you have something you believe that will intrigue the community. Just because you CAN post doesn't mean you HAVE to post.

In Regards to Topic: I doubt that a quest where you lead NPC's in a pseudo-war/skirmish would ever be a F2P quest. It's more likely to be a P2P quest. I personally would like to see an area that we enter and fight for a side and we can earn gold for each enemy we kill. The area would of course be something similar to the Khazard battlefield but perhaps with White Knights and enemy vigilanties from the Black Knights or other enemies of the white knights.

Wot kind of stuff do u think cud happen in a new f2p quest.

Jagex shud giv f2p players somit very once in a wile (i no members pay 4 it but i mean like every 6 months).

Runecrafting

Tiaras

Coloured Gloves

Holiday Events

Bank Pins

Graphical Updates

Trimmed/God Armours

New Arrows/Bows

I'd say F2P has done very well for itself.

Guest AshKaYu

Just because ONE solitary f2p is complaining doesn't mean we all are. You guys plaster us all as whiny, bratty, greedy 10-year-olds when thats only some of us.

Just because ONE solitary f2p is complaining doesn't mean we all are. You guys plaster us all as whiny, bratty, greedy 10-year-olds when thats only some of us.

Its the few vocal noobs that ruin your reputation, just like some "evil" breeds of dogs that are labled "man eater" like pit bulls. I blame the few f2ps wanting more because they usualy dont look at a thing called the archives on the main page so they never see all the f2p updates from the past. Granted it is only a few so its not much but I feel it is about what they deserve because I think 99% of the member population started in f2p or atleast saw a friend play.

1. Pick up a dictionary and/or get a program that teaches you how to type.

Agreed... perhaps Jagex could implement a "Learn to Spell" quest and make it a requirement for getting off tutorial island.

siganizq4.gif

OMFG!!!!

I'm getting tired of the 'give f2p more stuff' 'f2p is boring' 'why dont f2p get the cool stuff' kind of threads.

Instead of making a god damn thread, pay the bloody money, you want more stuff? PAY or just stop complaining!! :evil: :evil:

Ok, i wish not to flame you, i have been p2p for a long time and i liked it. Got bored and went to f2p. IF you want quests, get p2p.. theres tons of em and weekly updates. You should be grateful for what jagex gives you free and not ask for more. 8)

Guest AshKaYu
How bout a quest to retrieve the credit card from your wallet, type it into the registration form, and get members?

Requirements:

'Rents letting you Quest Complete

65 Picking up ability

lol.

The "Go to work and buy p2p members" quest.

you have to remember that this game is geared for 13-year-old players and up, not 30+ year olds who live in their moms basement, and pretend to be the big tough guy who has it made.

not everyone who plays this game has the ability to simply go to work, cuz in real life you have to be a certain age to get a job.

also, in real life in the u.s., you have to be 18 to get a credit card, so u can't simply take the credit card from your wallet and type it in unrealist.

(sorry if i offended anyone. i'm just so tired of all of these 30+ year olds that do do this picking on the 13 year olds. i myself am 15 years old, and i seem to be a little bit more mature then some of you guys.)

At 13 you are quite capable of doorknocking your neighbours and doing enough odd jobs to scrape up $5 per month. I know I used to pull in about $10 - $15 per week just mowing lawns, washing cars, walking dogs - pretty much anything my neighbours wanted done, but preferred giving a dollar to the kid next door to actually doing themselves. And that was nearly 20 years ago - I presume the rates have gone up these days.

As for the credit card issue, sure you can't get one (hopefully) until you're 18. And even then you should probably wait until you're in full time employment before you do. But credit cards are not the only means of paying for members. It takes a few minutes to go to the post office and have them make out a money order for you to post off - no age limits or credit card worries.

siganizq4.gif

... also, in real life in the u.s., you have to be 18 to get a credit card, so u can't simply take the credit card from your wallet and type it in unrealist.

But there is nothing stopping you from getting a Debit Card at the age of 16 (maybe even less). I received my Debit card at 16 and I charged it up, payed for my website and then decided that I also wanted to play Runescape Members. Two years ago (almost, still 17) I got my Debit card in my name, my information, my responsibility. Also Credit Cards are very bad in young childrens hands. Debit card: you have the money. Credit card: It's not really there and you only see the bottom line at the end of the month.

i would never get permission to get debit card, even at 16.

going around and mowing lawns, and [cabbage] like that, i have done. i also had a paper route, at about the same time i started playing this game.

i have enough money in the bank to pay for members for 10 years, and i would gladly do it four about 3 years. but you have to remember, that the 13 year olds that do play this game, can't simply get into their car (which i am not able to drive until may 14, 2007) and go to the post office. what makes you think that if a parent won't giv permision to get p2p with their credit card, they will be willing to go down to the post office to mail that?

if ur under 18, and ur parents don't want u to be a member, then u can't be a member. that is it. no matter what u say, u r not going to be able to make any parent budge, when it comes to spending money.

i have tried to move my parents to get me to be a member, as all of my real frends already are, but she keeps saying no. and she has been for 2 years now. nothing will make a parent move from something, if their mind is already made up on somthing.

Then respect your parents decision.

If they don't want you to get members then evidently they don't want you to play it at all.

I'm 16, my parents didn't want to use pay with their credit cards because they were a bit paranoid about internet fraud, so i sent in a text, there are loads of ways to pay, have you even looked?

And going around saying that everybody over the age of 30 lives with their parents still or whatever is extremely immature, many of the players that are older i tend to find have a much larger understanding of the game.

As for the game being targetted at 13 year olds?

That rubbish, jagex will try to make the game appeal to everybody possible so they make more cash as far as i can see you've been talking through your rear end this whole topic, to put it politely.

Then respect your parents decision.

If they don't want you to get members then evidently they don't want you to play it at all.

I'm 16, my parents didn't want to use pay with their credit cards because they were a bit paranoid about internet fraud, so i sent in a text, there are loads of ways to pay, have you even looked?

And going around saying that everybody over the age of 30 lives with their parents still or whatever is extremely immature, many of the players that are older i tend to find have a much larger understanding of the game.

As for the game being targetted at 13 year olds?

That rubbish, jagex will try to make the game appeal to everybody possible so they make more cash as far as i can see you've been talking through your rear end this whole topic, to put it politely.

thats ignorant. just plain ignorant. i didn't say that all 30 year olds+ play this game in their mom's basement, im saying that the people that reply to it like that are the one's. you can tell that they are the people because they respond to these quotes like they are big and tough, where when the actaully mature people respond to them helpfully.

i didn't say that the game was geared for 13 yearolds, i said that it is geared for 13 and up. have you made a new account recently? you have to say your age, and if it is less then 13, you have to put in a different age. this means that the game is for 13 and up.

as for the part about even looking at the possibility of payment, i have, several times. my mom doesn't care whether i play, she just wont pay, and wont let me pay. it is the same case with many other people.