Powerslaying Guide

Dark_wizzie

Ok, thanks for the feedback. I'm not really good at making things "flashy" and visually appealing, though. I'm going to look around at other Tip It guides to see what I can do to make it less sloppy and unorganized. :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do I need to include a picture for every task as to how to get there? Lol. Really CBA to do that. I'll include cannon spot pictures though, and possibly inv pictures.

Hmm, I think it'd actually be faster to use Kuradal's dungeon for SOA, especially on Steel dragons. The accuracy with cannon while using mage just isn't enough. I'm only getting a crummy 42k slayer xp per hr with SOA here at Ghorrock. Cannoning is probably more viable if you were to melee them...

Right now I'm not impressed with the speed I"m getting with SOA. If I were to test SOA thoroughly I'd need to bring in some Virtus and lots more arma runes, and that would kill my cash stack...

Kura steels > ghorrock

The dps of fero is about equal to the dps of a cannon when you factor in single/distance between spawns. It's also cheaper and easier to get to.

Actually, the steels in the NW corner, there are 3 of them together, which is good for cannoning. Problem is still the inaccuracy of the cannon when maging. I think I'd have better results cannoning at irons with rapier.

Ehh, only one way to know for sure, <,<

Ok, anybody have any suggestions or comment on what my guide is missing? I have updated the info on iron and steel dragons, and I will put up xp/hr on steels when I get them as a task. I will also put a small section talking about SOA and Bonecrushing tasks.

A task of 30 miths took me, say, 18 minutes with rapier.

Task of 60 irons took me about the same time.

I'm going to find out how long terror dog task really is going to be... see if it should be skipped.

EDIT: Task didn't even last 10 minutes, lol.

Anything about the organization of the guide? Anything you want to see?

More info on dark beasts/ice strykes will pop up as I gain the ability to do them. That's right, I made this giant stinkin' guide and I'm just 90 slayer lol.

Every time I look at this guide, it looks better and better. Nice work!

Perhaps you could add a section about what is most important? Something like this: buy Whip first, then buy Beserker ring, then Fury, then Bandos, sell Bandos + Fury to pay for Extremes, etc. What is worth the money, what should you buy first?

A section about blocking/skipping tasks would be nice. I know that you mention this info in the "Tasks" section, but it would be helpful to have a single list. "Best tasks to block", "Tasks to skip", "Tasks that are worth it", maybe even "The best tasks".

This is optional, but a section about the Ring of Wealth might be nice, AKA why not to use it.

Edit: Oh yeah, could you do me a favor? I need a random screenshot of you slaying. Just take it in the middle of any task, it doesn't really matter. It would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by The Floating Pen

I've posted all that now. Here is a random picture: suqahspot.jpg Why do you need a random picture of me slaying? o_o

I've edited the guide to fix some inconsistencies. Any tips on how to make my guide look more visually appealing?

To make it visually appealing, I would suggest a table of contents and coloring the section headings. I would divide it up like this:

I. What is this guide?
II. Slayer 101
III. Equipment
IV. Other Tips
V. Tasks

So color the main headings blue (or any color you want, I'm just choosing a random color as an example). Also, make them the same size.

Then color these headings red (again, choose any color you want). Make these the same size.

(under Equipment)

A. Melee Equipment

B. Mage Equipment

C. Inventory

G. Special Attacks

H. Summoning Familiars

(under Other Tips)

A. Cannon

B. Prayer

C. Potions

D. Profit

E. My problem with Kuradal's Dungeon

F. Between Tasks

(under Tasks)

A. Task List

B. Blocking/Skipping

All other headings should have the same size, perhaps they can be in bold. They don't have to be colored. I'm referring to misc. headings such as "Bank Organization"

Also, could you take another picture using the highest graphic settings possible? I wanted the picture because I was considering making a banner for this guide.

How about adding a section about Ranged (or why not to use it)? Basically: Why not to use it, how you should train Ranged instead of Slayer, and some uses of Ranged (such as dragonbane bolts?)

Because this is a guide to getting good slayer xp.

A section about how bad range is would be nice (but the combat update could change that, though).

I personally have found the xp/hr difference between doing Dark Beasts in Kuradel's dungeon w/ fero ring and cannoning at light temple to be negligible at best. Your cannon will often get blocked by other dark beasts at light temple, especially when you're picking up blue charms and a few other drops. I don't have any substantial xp/hr data, but I got a task and did exactly 100 kills @ light temple and 100 @ kuradel's dungeon and found light temple only just slightly faster. Loss of ferocious ring is significant.

Also, gargoyles are DEFINITELY not worth doing in CT vs. kuradel's dungeon.

By the way, this is a great guide. Good job.

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

I will test both Dark Beasts and Gargoyles in Kuradal's dungeon when I get a chance. I did some stupid stuff and lost my last Kuradal ring. >.> Have to get it back before I can test it. I added a section on why Ranged sucks. If you want to train it, just cannon every task. I'm going to try to find time to squeeze in a section on useful auras in Slayer.

Don't use ganodermic for maging, the cost is too high for the benefit. Especially the leggings, they have less magic attack than Ahrim's even (sad no?).

Also I made this for ya:

• Helmet: [item=9075] > [item=8446] > [item=5264]
    These helmets boost your attack and strength rolls by one sixth when fighting assigned monsters. Enchanted helmets hold scrolls which is crucial for multicombat tasks.

• Amulet: [item=4309] > [item=1324]
    The [item=6674] is worse than a black mask or equivalent helmet. Strength amulets may be better at accuracies over 85%.

• Body: [item=7074] = [item=10842] > [item=6647] > [item=3337] = [item=6157]
    Torva is convenient for mithril dragons, but technically inferior due to the degrade cost. Proselyte is superior to Barrows equipment if you can survive in it.

• Legs: [item=7075] = [item=10843] > [item=4616] = [item=6159]
    Again, torva is convenient but technically inferior. Tassets are currently the most expensive strength bonus gain of the entire setup.

• Boots: [item=11698] > [item=7070] > [item=7102] > [item=1710]
    Steadfast boots are very expensive for their benefits.

• Gloves: [item=4675] > [item=11804]
    The time it takes to obtain a pair of goliath gloves is too great for it to be worth it, unless your slayer xp is way ahead of your melee xp.

• Ring: [item=8849] > [item=8732] = [item=4386] = [item=10467] > [item=12044] > [item=842]
    In Kuradal's dungeon, use a Ferocious ring. On most tasks a berserker ring is superior to both onyx (i) and vigour. Dragonstone and diamond rings are equal to a tokkul-zo when imbued.

• Cape: [item=11371] > [item=12042] > [item=11369] > [item=4301] > [item=9044] = [item=10597]
    If you're not using stab, the Ardougne cloak is the worst of all capes listed. On metal dragons, the added stab accuracy makes it better than a Soul Wars cape. The [item=10670] is usually not worth it.

• Offhand: [item=10763] > [item=5230] > [item=6966]
    Above 90% accuracy, a dragonfire shield might be superior to a rune defender.

• Weapon: [item=9911] > [item=9912] = [item=11482] > [item=1010]
    Goliath gloves are the best crush weapon, followed by the [item=9913]. Other than the rapier and longsword, the best stab weapon is [item=10635]. The longsword is worse than the whip on lower defence monsters.

No more spelling errors or having to update item stats/sprites :P. Yes I was bored :mellow:.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Q is such a nice person. Still willing to do so much for a game she doesn't even play anymore. You should feel honoured, wizzie

I'd be really reluctant to expand much more on this guide until the combat rework gets released, which could potentially invalidate most of the content.

Hm, I thought it was worth using the Salve amulet (e) when facing undead creatures?

Slayer helm gives a boost of 15%, while Salve amulet (e) gives a boost of 20%. The higher boost is the one that takes effect, so you get the 20% boost from the amulet, making it worthwhile to wear.

^ Please tell me what is wrong with that logic! :o

Hm, I thought it was worth using the Salve amulet (e) when facing undead creatures?

Slayer helm gives a boost of 15%, while Salve amulet (e) gives a boost of 20%. The higher boost is the one that takes effect, so you get the 20% boost from the amulet, making it worthwhile to wear.

^ Please tell me what is wrong with that logic! :o

The setup would be salve(e) + neit or FSH + fury.

You gain 5% more str and attk at a cost of 5 str bonus, 10 atk bonus in all fields, 2 prayer bonus, and +15 def in all fields.

If we assume gear to be fairly top tier to be:

Bandos

Rapier

D Def

D boots

Zerker(i)

Fire Cape

We get a str bonus of 141 and attack bonus of 131 (assuming stab) before either of the two setups.

In the salve setup, we get 172 str and 157 (stab) attk bonus.

In the fury setup, we get 170 str and 162 attk bonus, in addition to +2 prayer and +15 def.

It would seem like salve wins in pure str bonus, but only marginally.

EDIT: Too lazy to calc void now

Double Edit: Forgot FSH isn't actually 15%

You get full slayer helmet + fury (+10 attack, +8 strength, +16.67% attack and strength level) versus nose peg + salve (e) (+3 strength, +20% attack and strength level).

The difference is not big, but for mostly maxed equipment (8+8+8+4+4+2+12+101+6=153 strength) and levels (125*1.23 + 9 + 8 + 3):

(153 + 64) * 173 / 64 = 586 which gets multiplied by 7/6, 684 max.

(145 + 64) * 173 / 64 = 564 which gets multiplied by 1.2, 676 max.

That's because the only undead you fight for slayer is the abberant spectre :P. If you could use a neit your max would be 687, just slightly worth it maybe (you'd have void then, too).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted