Did you quit because of the Squeal of Fortune?

Alg

90 members have voted

1. 1. See title.

• Yes
    • No, and I don't plan to
    • No, I quit for other reasons
    • No, I quit before it was released
    • No, but I will if it gets any worse
    • Yes/no/indifferent, other reasons (Post)

I'm semi-retired now I guess, though I expect I'll get back into the swing of things once I move back to college.

Girlfriend + work + lack of interest is why I went from 3hrs/day to logging on once a week for maybe an hour.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

I quit before the Squeal of Fortune was introduced. However, I was going to come back, buy membership, and start anew, but all the changes, primarily the SoF, kept me from returning.

I voted I would if it gets worse but by that I mean is I will if they just move on to straight up gold selling. I stopped playing in December and just started again a few weeks ago so it was new to me but honestly it doesn't bother me that much. I just wish they wouldn't put such an emphasis on it and include some random shit for it in every update.

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to quit because of the RWT squeal of fortune, but didn't due to the fps fix and updates coming in my birthday month. They sounded good, none were good, fps broke within 2 weeks. I would have quit right then, but I found new people to hang out with, they're fun as hell and one of the best communities you can get in this game. However, draz brought something up to me on the first page. After I read his post and how much people, including me, value him as a person (he is awesome, don't hate), I realised how much I'd lose in this game if some of the great friends or people you regularly talk to dissapeared. I know that if I lost a handful of the people I play with, I'd be more inclined to stop playing entirely. As for the actual game and nothing else changed? I have goals. Some are ridiculous for everyone's standards, other ones are ridiculous for me alone. I'll play old content until new, GOOD content comes out, I'll try to 'beat the game' eventually if I do keep playing, and if I get that far.. Well, let's just say I'll ragequit until they remove 5k Cwars games from comp trimmed :).

EDIT: Post above has some logic in it for me, I'd quit almost instantly if combat sucked. It's my favorite aspect of RPG and Rs has unique combat. This may be a step up, or it could turn me off from Rs completely.

553VriC.png?1

Yes, but not right away. I finished my current goal first of 80 slayer and then I became more and more disinterested mostly because of the SoF.

I actually liked the SoF at first (I even won 10M and a lame tattoo), but not when they added buyable spins.

I would have perhaps tolerated other buy-ables like loyalty points or whatever.

Maybe I will return in a year (again, haha)

"The more persistence a game tries to have; the longer it is set up to last; the greater number (and broader variety) of people it tries to attract; and in general the more immersive a game/world it set out to be--then the more breadth and depth of human experience it needs to support to be successful for more than say, 12-24 months. If you try to create a deeply immersive, broadly appealing, long-lasting world that does not adequately provide for human tendencies such as violence, acquisition, justice, family, community, exploration, etc (and I would contend we are nowhere close to doing this), you will see two results: first, individuals in the population will begin to display a wide range of fairly predictable socially pathological behaviors (including general malaise, complaining, excessive bullying and/or PKing, harassment, territoriality, inappropriate aggression, and open rebellion against those who run the game); and second, people will eventually vote with their feet--but only after having passionately cast 'a pox on both your houses.' In essence, if you set people up for an experience they deeply crave (and mostly cannot find in real life) and then don't deliver, they will become like spurned lovers--somebecome sullen and aggressive or neurotic, and eventually almost all leave."

Mike Sellers' Hypothesis

Honestly, I don't like it, but I won't really ever quit because of an update like that. I'll only quit if I get bored of the game, but I haven't yet :P

This.

I use the SoF because it has some very nice things, namely the xp lamps. I don't think I'd keep any huge gp award from the SoF if I won it, though, or if I did I'd keep it in a separate stack (buy shards or something). I wanna earn my first 200m cashpile, heh.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg