How2kiln for 7m/h by AHappySpastic NOW WITH VIDEO, SUP GUYS

AHappySeeker

Disclaimer: This guide is for maxed combat players who already basically know what they're doing but want to optimise their method for speed. Go read the wiki first if you're clueless. Non-maxed will still find the methods for waves 28 and 35 optimal. Also may contain profanity since I literally copied this from my xpw post.

0egBE.jpg

UrpXb.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcyHQvZldVY&feature=plcp

Gear

Best tribrid gear available. Gano or Ahrim if no Virtus. Neit > Slayer for 90 scrolls stored instead of 50. Nex gear worth the cost. Karil's bow > everything else. SOA may NOT be substituted. Arcane substitutable for FKS > Mage's book if necessary. Replace swifts with another brew or summ pot if unavailable, depending on player skill. Don't save the renewal for later. Drink 1 dose per ovl from the absolute beginning.

Kilngear-2.png

Helm - Neit > Slayer (unless <95 summ)

Melee gear - Torva > Bandos > Barrows

Range gear - Pernix > Arma > Royal

Mage gear - Virtus > Gano = Ahrim

Shield - Arc > FKS > Mage's book (Div/Ely are for retards)

Boots - Rages > Infinity

Gloves - Barrows + swifts > Barrows - swifts > [bleep] you, get barrows gloves

Cape - Spirit > Ardy > God cape

Ring - Tokkul > Onyx

Weapons

Rapier > Whip > CLS

Karil's > Zaryte (cheaper than CCB but same DPS) > CCB w/ runite

ABS

Titan usage

Helm scrolls have a chance of activating when attacked. To maximise the benefit of this, do not manually scroll unless a helm scroll hasn't activated prior to 2 ticks before the titan's attack. Keep titan cycling through targets when they reach critical health as titan specs are more valuable with regards to overkill than your own attacks. Target priority is gooby melees > mages > rangers > big melees. Scrolls will never activate below 9 spec so use summ pots to stay above that level. Titan spec also has 1 range further than its autoattacks, so manually position the titan within autoattack range.

Dread usage

Dreads are slow as [bleep] so deploy while adjacent to/standing 1 tile away from target. Ensure there is no wall within a 3x3 range of the player while deploying a dread as dreads are dumb shits and might get stuck if they spawn on the wrong tile.

Landmarks

Kilnmap.png

Waves 1-3

Stand SE corner, pray ranged in melee gear. Prioritise titan on the gooby melees while rapiering everything else. All spawns will be pulled towards the SE corner while the SW spawns will move up once the SE enemies are clear and the NW/NE spawns are being dealt with. Move to engage the enemies moving in from NE, applying titan to NW enemy, and calling it as you move. Pick up invuln crystal after wave 1 and rest crystal after wave 3, using it when out of prayer.

Wave 4

Stand SE corner, pray mage in ranged gear. Quickly titan + dread + range the SE mage before donning melee gear and killing the ranger, still praying mage. After SE ranger dies, Run to rapier the NE mage once to apply dreadnip. Rapier the rest of the rangers while titan and dread kills the mage. Switch to praying ranged after mage dies.

Wave 5

Stand NW and allow rangers to move towards you, congragating mid. Melee the rangers at mid/W while getting into the aggro range of the dill to titan it while killing rangers. If dill is alive after rangers die, switch to ABS for free air runes and use wind rush to aggro dill while applying titan + dreads. Pick up magic crystal before running to SE.

Wave 6

Stand SE corner, pray mage in melee gear. Rapier ranger once before switching to mage for one hit to apply titan + dread. Finish ranger while mage is dying before repeating wave 4's procedure.

Waves 7-8

Stand SE corner, pray mage in ranged gear. Quickly titan, dread + range the mage down before switching to ranged prayer in melee gear. Rapier + titan the rest of the rangers. Pick up ranged crystal after wave 7.

Wave 9

Same procedure as waves 1-3.

Wave 10 Jad

Hug the SW wall on its SW side. Apply titan + dread to Jad while storming it. After applying dread, move towards mid between hits to drag the ranger spawning SE into titan range. Titan ranger while storming Jad.

Wave 11

Stand SE to quickly apply dread + titan to mage. Move towards middle while attacking mage to place the other mages within titan range. Keep titan on seperate target to main target. Range + dread main target while titan takes down other targets. If titan target is left with little HP, finish with a ranged hit after switching titan to a high HP target. Pick up cons crystal and use after range crystal runs out.

Wave 12

Stand NW corner in melee gear. Quickly kill the ranger before moving SW to kill the other ranger. Activate ranged crystal as soon as both rangers die and proceed to witness the glory of Karil's machine gun.

Waves 13-14

Stand SW, 1 tile away from the 400, 5 tiles away from the western wall. Quickly titan + dread + range the SW 400 before moving onto other targets, which have moved into range of you. Pick up the invuln crystal after wave 13. Move one tile N to uptrap the SE apawning 400 before killing the SW 400.

Waves 15-16

Stand NW and quickly range + titan the ranger. Proceed to kill the 400s, which have moved towards you. If you suck and ranged crystal has run out, melee the rangers instead. Pick up the rest crystal after wave 15 and use when out of prayer.

Waves 17

Stand NW and murder the ranger. Stand 1 tile away from a mage to trap the melee spawning NE. Mage the melee down while titan + dreads kill the mages before ranging the mages. Pick up the mage crystal.

Wave 18. Stand NW and murder the ranger again before running SE and doing the same to the other ranger. Repeat wave 17 from here.

Wave 19

Stand 1 tile W and 2 tiles S of the NE wall to trap the dill against it. Range the NE mage while titan and dreads kill the Dill. Proceed to range + dread the middle mages while titan kills the NW spawning ones.

Wave 20 Jad

Hug the W side of the SW wall and stay there while storming Jad. Range the trapped 400 at SE wall after Jad is dead.

Waves 21-23

Stand in the middle and murder everything with mage crystal. For gooby melees and big ones, attack once with SOA and allow titan to finish as only a sliver of hp will remain with mage crystal active. Pick up the cons crystal and use after mage crystal runs out.

Wave 24

Quickly murder the NW ranger with magic (mage crystal still active) before moving onto everything else.

Wave 25

Murder the NW ranger again, followed by switching to praying mage and killing the NE ranger. Mage rangers unless mage crystal has already run out. After rangers die, stand E of the NE wall and mage the melees while titan kills the 400 before switching to range and finishing the 400.

Wave 26

Murder the NW ranger once more, then go to titan the 400s while maging the melees trapped against them. Finish off the 400s using ranged.

Wave 27

Murder the ranger, then quickly run NE to pull all melees onto the northern side of the E wall. Hug the E wall from the south to trap all the melees while titaning the 400 in the NE corner. Finish the 400 with ranged after all melees are dead. Pick up the rest crystal and use again when low on prayer.

Wave 28 turbo[bleep] wave

Stand in the middle and run into the NW corner as soon as the 400 spawns. Walk the 400 so that there are 2 spaces between it and the edge of the arena, trapping the NW spawning dill against it. Titan + dread the trapped dill while ranging the 400. After dill dies, continue to range the 400 while running NE between hits. Run in and out of the NE dill's aggro range while ranging the 400 and titaning + dreading the NE dill. Proceed to switch to mage gear and wind rush the dills to aggro while titan + dreading them. Finish off the SE dills first before trapping the SW dills against the middle rock.

Wave 29

Hug the SW wall from the east. After first SW melee spawns and traps itself against the wall, the second SW melee will trap the first. Move to stand under the first SW melee while hugging the wall, preventing either SW melees from moving and attacking you. This creates a safe zone to soulsplit the other melees from. Pick up the mage crystal.

Wave 30 Jad

Hug the SW wall from the east. Pray against Jad while maging the melees. Activate invuln crystal as melees reach you.

Waves 31

Obliterate ALL the things.

Wave 32

Hug the E wall from the north. Pray melee, kill the NE spawning melee. Rest will be trapped to be killed without prayer.

Wave 33

Titan + dreadnip the 400s as per usual. Positioning not important.

Wave 34 Jad

Stand on the NE Jad safespot as detailed in the map above to trap Jad + the ranger. Activate mage crystal when melee spawns. Mage the melee, then mage the ranger. After that, kill the trapped Jad.

Wave 35 Jad

Stand on the W Jad safespot and pray mage. Immediately titan + mage the ranger so it does not attack you more than once. Proceed to two-shot the melee. This should incur some damage but will be more than manageable if starting wave on full health. After the ranger and melee are dead, mage + titan the 400 to death and finish off the trapped Jad.

Wave 36 double Jad

Stand on the NE Jad safespot to trap both Jads. Proceed to kill them one by one.

Octopus Boss

Stand in the middle on the south side to avoid the northern tentacles. This exposes you to two sides' worth of tentacles but that should be easy to tank in Virtus/Gano. Doing this is important as the head may not be visible from any other position. Prioritise the mage tentacles until octopus surfaces. Ensure that mage crystal is activated at all times while attacking Octopus Boss. Soulsplit will be more than sufficient for healing with mage crystals active.

Claim a pretty black rock and do it again. Godspeed, my child.

LIKE THIS POST, [bleep]ERS.

EDIT: VIDEO MODE GO

• Like 1

:thumbup:

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

You only need one ovl flask+pray renewal flask. Use those 2 invent space for other offensive switches like drag def.

How is Karils cbow better than ccb+illum unholy book? I haven't tested it out but I'm pretty sure the latter is more faster.

The titan usage section is interesting. I never knew how it functioned so I just spammed clicked the scrolls and hoped the helm casts on its own. Cool though.

Sup!

Wrong and wrong. You need 45 mins of ovls, with 2 mins of the last 5 being used on average. DDF makes jack-shit difference since your accuracy is so high on Xils that diminishing returns are already occurring heavily with just the rapier's atk bonus. If anything, swift gloves would be the viable option here so sacrificing a renewal could be sensible since I never even tap into my sup rest flask (it's there in case I need to brewspam for some reason).

As for Karil's, it's about 15% better raw DPS than CCB w/ runite with just ovls, equalling approximately a 12% true DPS advantage. With ranged crystal, Karil's performance goes through the roof since its bottleneck is its accuracy. Cost is negligible when you total up how much ammo you actually consume over the course of a kiln (still high enough to make zaryte somewhat desirable).

EDIT: I notice that I got lazy and forgot to keep listing which styles to pray against. [bleep] that. If you're intelligent enough to pull of 40 min kilns, you're intelligent enough to read the damned wiki.

You don't need to be constantly ovl'd for the entire 45 minutes.

Wave 1-6- 1 ovl

Wave 6-11- 1 ovl

wave 11-15- 1 ovl

wave 15-18- range cryst

wave 18-20- 1 ovl

wave 21-25- mage crys

wave 25-27- 1 ovl

wave 28- shouldn't be potted

wave 29-33- mage crys

wave 34-36- 1 ovl

wave 36-37- mage crys

That's exactly 6 doses used which is only one ovl flask.

I prefer the ddrag for the extra invent but haven't tried swift yet.

That's interesting about karils. I'll test it out to see if it lowers my average time.

Sup!

Gloves - Barrows > [bleep] you, get barrows gloves

:D

Why not use goliaths if you have them?

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Great guide, shame I lack steel titan so I have to go with uni. Unicorn works just fine, it just slows you down a bit, incase someone is wondering. With uni it's about 4,5-5m gp/h compared to possible 6m or so with steel titan.

I've personally gone with each ranged weapon (zaryte, karil and ccb), and I think zaryte is the best alternative. Karil's definitely beats ccb though. In overall completion times zaryte and karil are about same speed, but zaryte has longer range and costs less per kiln, so that in my opinion makes it superior ranged weapon for kiln. However, Karil's is excellent and stable (market wise) alternative.

u5zhkTY.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I just got an Iron titan, when I get round to maxing, should I just camp out 99 summon, or does Iron titan work decently?

I'll probs get a steel anyway, so meh.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

If you're maxed you should not need more than 2 Super Prayer flasks (assuming you use the Restoration crystals when on low prayer [probably even without them]). So why not substitute one of them for a Max/Rhino cape? Would that even be worth it?

Video mode bump.

where?

EDIT

Page two

witchynosaur.png

• 2 weeks later...

hi seekerm8 :> gud guide :> gonna have to try this sometime.

BTW, can you make a pro QBD guide for fast kills? I need journal pages and I cba spending 7 mins on a kill

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

Thanks for the Karils tip.

I feel like a giga spastic for doing like 100+ kilns before using the beast that is a karil's machine gun. :>