A bid farewell

I finally say my goodbyes to RuneScape today. It's been a long run. Why am i quitting? Simple story.

So as few know, a few days ago i started staking. My bank rose from 50m to 1.5b in 2 and a half days. Today i decided to do some Nexing which got me a 20m Split. I used that to stake, and turned it into 150m in about 2 hours. I went to the G E and sold everything i had which put me at about 1.4b in cash, and i staked that. I worked my way up to 1.9b in a matter of 4 stakes. I then did a 1.1b Stake (coins vs. shards). I was pretty nervous but i dint care too much about winning or losing.

As i found the Duel, i read through the rules just to make 100% sure they are as they should be. The other player had already clicked the accept bottom on the second screen. He meanwhile dc'd and i did not realise that. As the duel started i started attacking him and realised he was not attacking back. So i stopped attacking, thinking maybe he was just lagging. I wanted to give the guy an honest chance at winning or losing. Minute or two later he dc'd and i won the stake. I went up to 3b. I stood there kind of in shock at what just happened. The guy added me and started pming me calling me a ddoser. I told him that i did not even know how to ddos someone. It went on for a while, he asked if he could have the money back. I knew it was only fair for me to give it back to him. But for some reason i couldn't. Greed was keeping me from doing it. And i dont want to be that guy.

RuneScape has kind of been an addiction for a long time now. It's kept e from performing as good as i know i can. It's kept me from being as social as i should be. It's created a not-so-serious-but-but-still-troubling gambling habit (in the form of staking).

I think it's time for me to hang up my boots and call it quits.

I already pretty much got rid of all the money i had.

I gave a friend what he needed to finally afford max cape, cause hes a cool guy and deserves it.

So basically, to everyone i have known on RS over the past few years, it's been a great pleasure playing what used to be the best game with you guys.

Thanks for some fun memories.

Yeah i'll still be around here. I'll possibly even log in on RS now and then on a different account. I just don't want to ever go on my main account again.

I've already sent Jagex an e-mail requesting for them to lock it. We'll see if that happens. If not there are other ways of making it inaccessible.

• Like 1

I'll miss you a ton, others staking ws the only thing keeping me from it... :(

Good luck with life, but why get your account locked. :<

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

leave the duel arena alone if you want to keep the fun in rs :P.

But... 10 step guide to staking... :(

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

TBH I think you didn't return the money not due to addiction, but because the guy was a jackass to you for no reason. I wouldn't have returned the cash either when he acted like that.

But good luck to you in your RS-less life. Try to stay away from similar vices or you'll probably find yourself back among the Addicted :D

hzvjpwS.gif