Old, uncommon, or outdated training methods

HappyNooblet

The figure 8 for firemaking someone else mentioned from runescape classic.

Another one worth mentioning is high alching wheat in a field. Due to alchemy being 130xp back then, and wheat picking up not requiring an animation, it was like 200k xp per hour.

Another thing I did right before RS2 hit was kill as many cows as I could, since it was a lot faster to kill them in classic compared to Runescape 2. (I'd venture to say this is no longer the case).

Something else thats no longer the case is similar xp rates for members and non-members training methods.

@thelastjoker:

wheat and bird cages were amongst fastest things to get, but total gp loss.

My method of choice was holy symbols in falador general store (crafters sold them there in bulk). Bought from store at 20, alched at 60 was a 40gp return per alch, and equally fast.

Vmser.png

@thelastjoker:

My method of choice was holy symbols in falador general store (crafters sold them there in bulk). Bought from store at 20, alched at 60 was a 40gp return per alch, and equally fast.

Yeah I did what you mentioned most of the time. I had issues with the general store guy wandering and running out of symbols there though. I believe my friend might've botted this looking back on it (no way he clicked this fast), but he got super high xp from doing wheat (nothing I could reproduce). Maybe there was some sort of bug with wheat picking at some point. I know nothing about bird cage's xp, being f2p the whole time of classic.

Regardless the most productive thing might've been high alching the symbols/ platebodies stuck in one's bank :)

My old way of making money: Waking up early in the morning to World hop F2P worlds to buy out the Death and Chaos runes and sell them off on World 1, there was a time where I made 1M a day that way.

Then I began merching God Trimmed armors, and left F2P for P2P with enough money and skill levels (at the time) for a Whip, Obby Cape and Obby Shield straight off the bat (2.1M whips, 300k Obby capes and 600k Obby Shields).

I used to Smelt mithril in mining guild, world hop for Addy ores in the hill giants dungeon near varrock, having a mining competition against other players for coal in Barbarian village and Swamps (using a STEEL pickaxe)... good times.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Omg this thread fills me with so much nostalgia, even for more recent things. I miss playing right now, I don't have time any more. Its a shame :( I miss being an air runner, forgoing xp for air runes. I crafted double laws as well, never was a fast training option but I was lazy.

I spent hours mining gems! Making my own arrows from wood and iron. I remember picking flax then spinning it for crafting. I miss quite a lot :(

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

@thelastjoker:

Yeah I did what you mentioned most of the time. I had issues with the general store guy wandering and running out of symbols there though. I believe my friend might've botted this looking back on it (no way he clicked this fast), but he got super high xp from doing wheat (nothing I could reproduce). Maybe there was some sort of bug with wheat picking at some point. I know nothing about bird cage's xp, being f2p the whole time of classic.

Regardless the most productive thing might've been high alching the symbols/ platebodies stuck in one's bank :)

Used to be a 1 second rule or so in between casts. You could time that pretty close actually, but a bot would indeed exceed it by far in efficiency.

Vmser.png