Old, uncommon, or outdated training methods

HappyNooblet

The Catherby yew spot.

Picking flax.

Fishing lobsters on karamja, cooking them and then going and training at the lesser demons in the volcano.

Having the idea of buying logs in bulk then running them to the sawmill operator and selling the planks the day after construction was released. That was how I made my first mill for a d med, obby cape and obby shield, which was quite respectable gear at the time :P

Asmodean <3

1. Powertraining RC till lvl 40 using Rings of Duelling, making Fire Runes.

2. Then making nats with 1 Nature talisman in your inventory, ~25K gp, 1 Antipoison, 1K noted Rune essence, spot left open for Nature runes and runing back-and-forth to the general store to sell and rebuy your rune essence. This was before the update that gave you Tiaras, the Rune/Pure essence split and before the abyss. The antipoison was for rogue bushmen inflicting you with that heavy poison.

3. Training on Fire Giants because they had a good chance of dropping a shielf left half.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

A few things in order as best I can remember:

Killed cows at the crafting guild, cooking the beef on the spot. The friend who got me into RS laughed at that when I told him the next day at school.

Pretty sure I stole silk at ardy and sold it to that alkharid kid to save up for a rune chain. Eventually I graduated to white wolf furs. When I finally had enough money I bought a Dmace instead, then found out I couldn't actually use it... Wish I could remember what year that was.

Farming HAM (or alkharid guards before that) for clues was pretty fun, although people might actually still do that.

Used to cannon wallasalkies at waterbirth for the bone pieces, actually made my first few millions doing that. I really wish I could find another similar niche moneymaking venture.

At some point (pre GE at least) I was making up to a few mil an hour from gnome scarves. It's really hard to remember the details but I think green hweens were like 17-20m with blues near that which was what I ended up spending that money on.

2dgucz6.png

Many cows died for the honor and glory of my 50 ATK in RSC.

Training Crafting before the GE was rough stuff. Oh, hah, cows died for that too. *hurriedly types in 'there is no cow level', presses enter, hopes not to die a slow and painful death via cow udder*

I was never very good at Mining, either. I don't think I ever settled on a place to power-mine until I could access the Guild. I also just mined and banked every rock in the joint because, hey, I could use the clay for Crafting! (This is after I found out I could craft things other than leather and thus reduced my cow massacre rate by about 25%.)

• Like 1

I got my first 100k from going to the duke of Lumbridge and asking for an anti-dragon fire shield, then dropping it and repeating. Got 100 of them, then spent the weekend in World 1 typing "Selling anti drags 1k each" over and over again. That was great. When I did it, I remember a couple of people offering me 20k and then a couple hundred thousand gold. I couldn't figure out why the heck anyone would need that many anti-dragon fire shields. I'm pretty sure that I met a couple of noob helpers that day. It's actually pretty awesome to look back on.

Then another kid at the library convinced me to buy a full rune set with that money, even though I had sworn I would never drop below 100k again. I kept that rune set for a long time.

• Like 1

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Ah yes, the days when full rune was awesome... only on f2p of course, but still...

Wonder what f2p is like now. Want to say it's bad and crappy compared to the past, I haven't gone on f2p in ages and I can't tell how big my nostalgia glasses are.

Also, the days when you could keep private on and not get spammed by gold sellers? Walk around and not see gold selling bots?

I remember when tiaras came out. Got 22 crafting, made a bunch of them. People would pay a fair amount of money for that new item. Got my first rune set that way.

Shit, you could make a topic "First Rune Set."

• Like 1

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

collecting my 30 free air and mind runes every half hour at the lumbridge tutor then saving up about 500 to kill the elemental wizards next to port sarim hoping to get 1 of their staffs

used to go pking and when somebody would call me a safer i'd run deeper into the wild thinking safing meant i was close enough to the wild border to run away easily

dying walking over white wolf mountain because i couldn't tele to camelot due to not having the quest you used to need done and was fairly low combat

• Like 1

Fried_Chikn8.png

5b xp let's go!

collecting my 30 free air and mind runes every half hour at the lumbridge tutor then saving up about 500 to kill the elemental wizards next to port sarim hoping to get 1 of their staffs

used to go pking and when somebody would call me a safer i'd run deeper into the wild thinking safing meant i was close enough to the wild border to run away easily

dying walking over white wolf mountain because i couldn't tele to camelot due to not having the quest you used to need done and was fairly low combat

You need a quest for that? O.O

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Getting 80 prayer at the Ectofungus... yes, POH altars were released then :wall:. But I have 17k ectotokens now :/.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Initially I started Runescape and was hired by a member to grab zammy wines, and resell to them. Once I built a cashpile I began to buy essence off F2P players, and resell it to members (this made me 10's of millions back in 2006). I simply then worked up to merchanting rares and massive big bone/yew log stacks in F2P.

In terms of training (I was a 1 def mage at the time), I would buy bars, smith them into platebodies, and then proceed to alch the platebodies.

I also took under tasks such as self-gathering 1k+ stacks of each log, ore, fish, etc.

Another interesting one was mining enough coal to buy a santa from purely coal when they were 20M (even though I could have bought multiples with cash).

Nowadays I rarely train, but when I did train mining, from 80 onwards I've only trained it via star mining (sandstone was also included upon its release).

Nothing else really comes to mind, though if I could access some of my old screenshots, I'm sure my memory could be jogged. Nice thread.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Legging it into the wildy Steel Leg Respawn, grabbing a pair of legs and dying - Running to al karid to sell my loot to Louie Legs. Rinse repeat.

Earned my first whip [When that was an achievement] by world hopping and buying huge amounts of bloods from the edgy mage, then flogging them on world 2. Massive profit margin at the time, considering no stats were required. Always wondered why more people didn't do this?

Armour 'trimming' ... [i know, I know...]

Killing druids for unids!

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

My day consisted of: mine iron ore in varrock, home tele to lumby to smith, walk to varrock anvil, sell at general store, repeat the process.

I wasn't very smart.

Oh boy, i did exactly the same thing.

For me it would be powerfishing in Lumbridge. You catch your fish in the river, got to gen store, cook them there and sell. I even made a guide.

http://forum.tip.it/topic/175873-cheap-way-to-99-cooking-and-fishing/#entry2619000

Now I'm considering getting my old acc back...

Any Way The Wind Blows...

Ranging moss giants in Varrock sewer for prayer and range xp, could stay there for weeks and weeks without ever leaving, used to be such a packed training place as well.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

I remember when you had to find someone with 80 Crafting to make a Glory...

I remember when assisting wasn't really a big deal.

I remember when W2 was the place to trade. DDS was 60k, Rune was 200k, Dragon Scimitar was 100k..

I remember the Durial incident.

I remember how shit the economy went after Construction was released due to the money sink.

I remember when the King Black Dragon actually took effort to kill.

I remember slaying with a Black Mask.

I remember when Monkfish was the way to level.

I remember the first Mining animation before it got updated.

The list goes on...

• Like 2

Turnpikes.png

Buy essence at Varrock East, spend a few hours making Airs at W16 airs, spend the next week selling those airs at Varrock West.

I can't believe I had the patience to spend a week, at 10+ hours a day, just spamming "selling airs 14 gp." The GE was the greatest thing ever.

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

All these posts make me feel dated.

I remember grabbing an inventory of food, a cocktail shaker and a glass and thieving palidines drunk.

Now, no one steals from them at all.

~M

Ah, good old thieving training in east Ardougne. Those were the days. All those stalls to steal from, NPCs to pickpocket, few chests in nearby buildings.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

I remember when power cutting Willows for Woodcutting was the way to go, and cutting Yews were a source of good income.

I remember when bots weren't such a hassle to the community.

I remember when Mage Bank pk'ing was the most intense thing ever..and running from the lever to the Mage Bank was a badass feat.

I remember when I was training at the Dagannoths in the Lighthouse with Rune, Dragon Scimitar, and Guthans to heal.

I remember the first bonus weekend and how many people "cheated" Summoning and got 99..meanwhile I got it without that.

I remember Slayer before Piety/Turmoil/Extremes/Chaotics.

I remember the Slayer Tower being the best place to Slay, and not Kuradel or the Tunnels.

I remember when they released the Dragon Defender.

I remember when Barrows Gloves were released, and noone really knew how good they were.

I remember thinking 53 Thieving for Desert Treasure was the hardest level ever..until I discovered other skills.

• Like 1

Turnpikes.png